Well that didn't last long. 2020 GT350R DEAD

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I dont get why people are arguing user error, lol. Unless you money shift, pretty much nothing is your fault on a sub 1000 mile engine. Ford builds these things to absorb retard levels of abuse. They know most people don't even read the owners manual let alone follow break in. If it were critical it would be software locked.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I dont get why people are arguing user error, lol. Unless you money shift, pretty much nothing is your fault on a sub 1000 mile engine. Ford builds these things to absorb retard levels of abuse. They know most people don't even read the owners manual let alone follow break in. If it were critical it would be software locked.
I'm starting to suspect there is a software lock, perhaps new for the gen 2 voodoos? I haven't posted about it yet because I want to experiment more before getting flamed for having it wrong, but I've gotten close twice now to bringing the car into the shop for a noticeable lack of power sometimes. It could be something's wrong, or my butt dyno is out of adjustment, but I'm starting to suspect that on cold days where the oil temps dont get above 190 putting around town, the car isn't 100% until you run it hard enough and then it feels right to me again. I know there's a redline limit until over 190, perhaps there's a power limit as well?

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
I think you are forgetting the idiots on youtube doing burnouts where they were bouncing off the rev limiter on the 1st day they own (or Daddy Bought) the car. Multiple videos out there in this space. Hurts for me to watch. 🤬

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think you are forgetting the idiots on youtube doing burnouts where they were bouncing off the rev limiter on the 1st day they own (or Daddy Bought) the car. Multiple videos out there in this space. Hurts for me to watch. 🤬
Yeah its awful, but Ford does the same thing in their testing process. Motors treated that way definitely aren't making 200k miles, but they shouldn't blow up either

Sponsored

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Sure, I had no worries about getting mine covered though because the tires still look brand new minus the 100ish miles. I mean dealers will use anything to deny warranty, but they really didn't have anything to go off of on this one except it being assembled wrong.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
After reading this thread what I want to know is why so many Americans are claiming to drive their cars on the Autobahn ?
Do you guys fly over to Germany with your Mustangs as a carry on ? WTF is going on here !
Since you're responding to my post, yet generalizing, my friend was stationed in Germany (USAF). It was a BMW not a Ford that he ordered & picked up @factory. I've never been. Dunno about all these other supposed examples.

Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Hmmm...so if my 17 with 30k miles blows the engine tomorrow and I get a brand new engine now gen 3 in fact with 0 miles and non numbers matching, am I better off as is anyone who buys the car if I sell it? I think so, might even command a higher price.
"now gen 3 in fact "?
Have not heard of this...Links? Sounds very wrong - 19/20 got Gen2 changes.....Arguably, and using Ford Perf's terms, the oil filter change in 17 is more minor that generational like the oiling & other predator related changes for the 2nd Gen Voodoo/FPC.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
When I described a Gen 3.

Sponsored

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I love all the "matching number" whining... So what should ford do when theres an engine failure? Crush the car I guess.
Fact is the engine is replaced by ford and warrantied. Not swapped out under the apple tree with an engine from gramps old pickup (like so many 60's cars were)

No value lost.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I love all the "matching number" whining... So what should ford do when theres an engine failure? Crush the car I guess.
Fact is the engine is replaced by ford and warrantied. Not swapped out under the apple tree with an engine from gramps old pickup (like so many 60's cars were)

No value lost.
have you tried to sell a car with a replacement motor in it?

there is absolutely value lost.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005

No value lost.
Ford should take it back and eat the depreciation for screwing up. Then they can sell it to you at a discount. Someone who wants to race it would love the discount. I don't care how great of a mechanic you are, replacing an entire engine something will be different. Hose clamp not lined up bolt not torqued right etc.... That's why they lose value.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

No value lost.
Value is lost. Blow your engine, get it replaced then go to try and trade it in or sell it outright. Then come back on here and tell us all how no value is lost. This is where folks are spewing BS when saying that or even thinking it.

What Ford offers the Owner of an engine replacement on a. Shelby is pure GARBAGE. They offer a ESP Plan that runs CONCURRENTLY with the already “free” new car 3/36 Bumper to Bumper and 5/60 Powertrain. Essentially the owner is getting 40k of ESP warranty - because for those that don’t know, the ESP won’t kick in until AFTER the 3/36 and 5/60 have expired. Ford doesn’t offer the owner any depreciated monetary value difference, they don’t offer any letter or docs to say such a warranty job won’t devalue the Shelby, and they surely don’t give a shit about any Shelby Owner who’s coughed up $60k-80k-$100k+. You’re treated like any other Ford Customer, no different. They might offer the owner a Ford Maintenance plan (good for 45-50k, which gets you basically free oil changes, wiper blades and other minor BS). If you financed, and depending on how loud one complains, he or she *might* get a car payment reimbursed, if they are lucky.

So does the above make up for a possible $8k-$10k+ in diminished value due to an engine replacement?

Ford IS NOT going to give fair trade in value on any S550 Shelby GT350 where it’s had an engine replacement documented in OASIS or was bought back and now has RAV history.

The best the OP can do with this situation is do a Buy Back and get reimbursed either with a complete refund OR take the vehicle replacement option. Let the Buy Back Shelby go back to Ford’s inner auction circles where it will end up on another Ford Dealer lot (because once’s it’s a Ford RAV Buy Back, it CAN’T be bought by any other entity at auction besides a Ford Dealer). It will be listed for sale at a retail price that has been slightly discounted (again because it’s still on a Ford lot). The car will be bagged and tagged as a Ford RAV with disclaimers that need to be advertised as such AND those that a new owner must sign acknowledging the fact it is Ford Buy Back. It’s VIN will be forever tagged in Ford OASIS AND any freaking VIN Reporting Agency with the same info.

To say no value is lost on S550 Shelby engine replacement is total 100% ignorance. When the same happens to those who are balking at the OP’s concerns and calling others “whiners”, then come back and tell M6G owners how it’s fair that your S550 Shelby’s value has instantly depreciated up to $10k faster before that engine grenaded itself.

—

We get it - yes some people don’t give a rats ass about buying a vehicle with a blemish on its VIN or buying a S550 Shelby that has had an engine replacement. Those buyers do exist, true.

The point being made is this - those seeking a S550 Shelby that is not numbers matched won’t pay top dollar (at trade in or private party) and don’t care if the owner has documents proving it was a Ford warranty with a “complimentary” 100k ESP. They will pass up that vehicle for one that is equally equipped, is numbers matched, even if the price costs more. Doesn’t matter if it’s today or 5+ years from today.

And yes, this site is only a small percentage of documented engine failures - but bet your ass, if there’s multiple failures HERE, there’s multiple failures OUTSIDE of the Internet kingdom...

This thread has been going since 2018 - 143 pages worth. There’s others like it as well and there’s other M6G individual Shelby owners posting their own threads of engine failures with very low miles...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/replaced-voodoo-engine.104010/

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
to add to @Cobra Jet concerning the extended warranty, i chose the 7yr/100k add on and it STILL did not persuade any buyers to bite(i really thought this would ease folks minds). it is just a red flag that most simply do not want to deal with. the same people that are incorrectly installing all these splitters are the same ones replacing your 20k motor.
Sponsored