Well that didn't last long. 2020 GT350R DEAD

Ricky_Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The only thing that has depreciated more than OP's eurotrash benz is this worthless thread. Can we all agree OP is a blabbering troll and move on to something worthwhile? This thread could be used for worthwhile information is all I'm saying.

This thread is now about the widest tire you can fit on the non R gt350 wheels. I'm pretty sure it's already been answered somewhere but since OP and this thread are booger eating moron I feel like I can use this thread to ask. I'm looking at R88R mostly and hoping to go with 325/30/19.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
The only thing that has depreciated more than OP's eurotrash benz is this worthless thread. Can we all agree OP is a blabbering troll and move on to something worthwhile? This thread could be used for worthwhile information is all I'm saying.

This thread is now about the widest tire you can fit on the non R gt350 wheels. I'm pretty sure it's already been answered somewhere but since OP and this thread are booger eating moron I feel like I can use this thread to ask. I'm looking at R88R mostly and hoping to go with 325/30/19.
You're the one posting here. Thanks for keeping the thread at the top. Just have an admin delete it.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
So you have pushed your new, under 100 mile GT350R to its maximum capability?

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So how long after you hit the rev limit on your way home did it crap out?

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
No? I did though assume the timing chain would stay attached so I drove it.
I can’t believe you made it 6 pages and no one has blamed you not checking your oil yet...

(i know it only had 130mi, it’s just the usual goto...driver error)

• Haha
Reactions: JT1

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'd be pissed too. Even if I hammered it off the lot with 12 miles on it. You know all engines get broke in at the factory, right?

They hook them up to a LARGE electric motor and run them through a break in cycle.

But yea, it's the OP's fault he got an engine with defective parts or poor assembly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Where did he say full retail plus? I saw him post "a good offer"

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be pissed too. Even if I hammered it off the lot with 12 miles on it. You know all engines get broke in at the factory, right?

They hook them up to a LARGE electric motor and run them through a break in cycle.

But yea, it's the OP's fault he got an engine with defective parts or poor assembly.
You just said they are hooked up to a large electric motor and broken in. Why didn't the poor assembly or defective parts show up during that process?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The OP has a legit gripe about an $80k+ vehicle blowing its engine at only 130mi - whether he was just putzing along or was driving it like a NASCAR - the engine should be able to handle LOAD.

For a timing chain to fail on his AND the other M6G member who posted detailed pics - it’s either a supplier issue OR there an inherent issue with the Tech or Techs who are “hand building” these engines. The OP’s low mileage failure is NOT the first one reported on this site - there’s been quite a few documented cases on here.

The problem is - we’re only seeing documented cases on this site from those who either have internet access, are internet savvy or are enthusiasts who actually join forums. We are NOT seeing the bigger picture of the failures that are occurring outside of this site which have not been “logged” on this site.

If there were even (3) failures logged on this site, you know for damn well that there’s a larger population of failures happening.... call it what you will, but there’s a Quality Control issue at Ford that needs fixing.

It’s total bullshit that anyone who buys a GT350 or Gt350R at its price point experiences such a failure in so little miles. OP’s Break-in period or not, would not have mattered with this type of failure and it’s apparent it does NOT matter when there’s other M6G members who have had similar engine failures with so little miles.

Sure, it’s under warranty, yes, Ford will replace the engine... the cocnern that most people don’t see is this:
Once a SHELBY engine has been replaced, that Shelby is no longer a numbers matching Shelby, period. It will have a tagged VIN history, it will have depreciated value and it will be a hard sell for an Owner when selling outright OR trying to trade it in. THAT is FACT. So when people say “it’s only $80k and you’ll be getting a new engine” - yes, true, but now if that Owner elected to keep the car instead of doing a Buy Back, they’re F’d when it comes time to sell - be it now or 10+ years from now; who’s going to fight for that Owner’s depreciated value? There’s already been GT350 owners documented on this site they had a hell of a time selling after an engine replacement.

Put yourself in the OP’s position - then maybe some will understand the concerns of how this “warranty” repair will affect him and the vehicle value.

Ford isn’t going to do shit for him (or others) than to replace the engine, they’ll pad him (and others) with an Extended Warranty to 100k, probably offer a Ford Maintenance Plan up to 50k and if he financed, they *might* reimburse him a car payment or two depending on length of downtime. The Warranty & Maintenance plans handed out in these instances are worthless in monetary value. Ask yourself, is THAT enough compensation to make up for his and others loss of value on an $80k+ “flagship” Mustang when trying to trade or sell at a later date???!!!

If I were the OP, a Ford Buy Back is the right thing to do on a Shelby. Let someone else purchase the Buy Back at the depreciated value and deal with the non-matched drivetrain. YES, some people don’t care about “numbers matched”, I get it but some do - and those that do walk away from vehicles like these with engine replacements.

As for Ford Stock prices - the Ford Family has majority Ownership in their stock; it will never balloon to other Automotive Manufacturers stock quotes regardless of how well or poor Ford is being rated until the Ford Family takes their mingling hands out of the stock - fact.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
The OP has a legit gripe about an $80k+ vehicle blowing its engine at only 130mi - whether he was just putzing along or was driving it like a NASCAR - the engine should be able to handle LOAD.

For a timing chain to fail on his AND the other M6G member who posted detailed pics - it’s either a supplier issue OR there an inherent issue with the Tech or Techs who are “hand building” these engines. The OP’s low mileage failure is NOT the first one reported on this site - there’s been quite a few documented cases on here.

The problem is - we’re only seeing documented cases on this site from those who either have internet access, are internet savvy or are enthusiasts who actually join forums. We are NOT seeing the bigger picture of the failures that are occurring outside of this site which have not been “logged” on this site.

If there were even (3) failures logged on this site, you know for damn well that there’s a larger population of failures happening.... call it what you will, but there’s a Quality Control issue at Ford that needs fixing.

It’s total bullshit that anyone who buys a GT350 or Gt350R at its price point experiences such a failure in so little miles. OP’s Break-in period or not, would not have mattered with this type of failure and it’s apparent it does NOT matter when there’s other M6G members who have had similar engine failures with so little miles.

Sure, it’s under warranty, yes, Ford will replace the engine... the cocnern that most people don’t see is this:
Once a SHELBY engine has been replaced, that Shelby is no longer a numbers matching Shelby, period. It will have a tagged VIN history, it will have depreciated value and it will be a hard sell for an Owner when selling outright OR trying to trade it in. THAT is FACT. So when people say “it’s only $80k and you’ll be getting a new engine” - yes, true, but now if that Owner elected to keep the car instead of doing a Buy Back, they’re F’d when it comes time to sell - be it now or 10+ years from now; who’s going to fight for that Owner’s depreciated value? There’s already been GT350 owners documented on this site they had a hell of a time selling after an engine replacement.

Put yourself in the OP’s position - then maybe some will understand the concerns of how this “warranty” repair will affect him and the vehicle value.

Ford isn’t going to do shit for him (or others) than to replace the engine, they’ll pad him (and others) with an Extended Warranty to 100k, probably offer a Ford Maintenance Plan up to 50k and if he financed, they *might* reimburse him a car payment or two depending on length of downtime. The Warranty & Maintenance plans handed out in these instances are worthless in monetary value. Ask yourself, is THAT enough compensation to make up for his and others loss of value on an $80k+ “flagship” Mustang when trying to trade or sell at a later date???!!!

If I were the OP, a Ford Buy Back is the right thing to do on a Shelby. Let someone else purchase the Buy Back at the depreciated value and deal with the non-matched drivetrain. YES, some people don’t care about “numbers matched”, I get it but some do - and those that do walk away from vehicles like these with engine replacements.

As for Ford Stock prices - the Ford Family has majority Ownership in their stock; it will never balloon to other Automotive Manufacturers stock quotes regardless of how well or poor Ford is being rated until the Ford Family takes their mingling hands out of the stock - fact.
Amen, well said. That is exactly the point I am trying to get across. I bought this car as an investment. I held it in storage since August and the only reason I pulled it out and drove it was because I was trying to surprise my girlfriend with a fun drive up to the mountains to see family for Thanksgiving AND propose to her at the lake I grew up on. This car breaking down threw a serious wrench into that but I made it to that damn lake with my mom's spare 320k mile e320 wagon 6 hours later than I wanted to and then drove it to Atlanta and back so she could celebrate with her sisters. Made for a great story but I couldn't believe I went from a 100 mile race car to a 320k mile beige station wagon lol.

I have to give it back to Ford or exchange it for a VIN that is a virgin because otherwise I'm financially F'd. If this was a Ford fusion nobody would care.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You just said they are hooked up to a large electric motor and broken in. Why didn't the poor assembly or defective parts show up during that process?
Because they don't always blow right away. I've over revved big blocks at the drag strip only to have a valve drop 3 days later when loading it on a trailer.

OP

Ford made way too many of these to ever become collector items.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I certinally understand the OP’s frustration as well. His attitude towards this whole thing is understandable as well. What’s kind of strange is some of his reactions, as well as ours. Emotions are dictating conversations.
OP....I work in the automotive industry as well. I visit dealerships on a regular basis. I can tell you this, MB has a constant flow of engine replacements as well.