Well that didn't last long. 2020 GT350R DEAD

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll chime in, on an engine designed to run 8500 RPM it absolutely should have double row chains.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Or make it a real badass and just run gear driven cams problem solved. Cool noises and no problems. Honda ran it on VFR750's and those turned way higher RPMS although obviously much smaller displacement.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
He was asking for the actual alpha/numeric codes....

Hopefully it’s just a loose harness or crapped sensor, but it does like it may be like some others on here where it dropped a valve...

here’s 1 thread for reference:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-booboo-engine-replacement-experience.137204/

Nothing like putting down some coin on your dream ride and Ford quality control dumps you on your ass in 130mi, eh?

Before you do anything else, call the Ford 800#, get a Regional Rep and a Case number started - doesn’t matter if the Service Center has not even checked it yet.

Getting it documented and a Case # early on protects your ass and also puts your ride at “priority” for the Service Center and Ford to make you whole with expedited repairs. If you squeak loud enough (in a professional manner), you can probably get an extended warranty or a maintenance plan for the inconvenience.
I agree definitely get a rep asap i did this when on my new 20 gt I noticed a paint issue 2 days after buying it, the rep contacted me shortly after and confirmed he'd sent the pics and video of the spot to Ford and would contact me asap once they approved it. 2w why by so I contacted him and he sent another message to Ford seeing what was going on they hadn't went over it even, after that call it was 1d and it was in the shop getting fixed i had a rental etc they supplied but if I hadn't had that rep to get the wheels in motion I'd probably still be during here waiting for a response from Ford.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I already got a case open. In my state the car has to be down for 20 days before I can really demand anything so I'm just hurrying up and waiting.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Or make it a real badass and just run gear driven cams problem solved.
I'd like to see someone design a gear drive kit for the Coyote platform.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
That makes literally 0 sense, especially in the high dollar vehicle market. It may be cheaper to just replace a $20 toy rather than spend thousands of dollars re-tooling the factory to fix the defect. But there's no way that it's cheaper for a car manufacturer to have to replace a $30,000 longblock or spend $65,000 for a buyback over and over and over again rather than make a change in manufacturing.

You think GM back in the late 2000s when they had all the valve guide issues with the LS7 thought to themselves "screw paying an extra $7 on a better valve guide to address the issue many customers are reporting, lets keep putting in these cheaper ones and then replace an entire $20,000 longblock when the valve inevitably drops and wipes out the entire engine".
Thats exactly what they did. The majority of issues with it were cars used on the track. And they figured that percentage was so low it didn't matter

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
t.png

I'm sure you've seen similar before. And while I too doubt it's different in automotive, I can't help thinking about a recent post here, a week or two ago. Somebody mentioned a new GT arriving in Germany, with the driver seat being the customer specified Recaro, but the passenger seat being a regular seat. Shipped like that to the dealer in Germany.

How can something like that even happen? Nobody, not even one person at Ford USA, took a look at the car? Ford should win some kind of price for that. One of the funniest things I've read about here. A photo should be taken and posted back to the Ford plant: "spot one mistake".
The owner should gave kept it like that...with documentation. It would be worth something later down the line. A definite 1 of 1 that could not be ordered.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Did i miss something here????
First sentance “GT350R HEP”

HEP = Hennessy Eng Performance??
Would this not indicate supercharger was added? If so HEP had the front of engine open to install sc, which could fall back on them? But good luck with that!!!
Thanks for the chuckle.

kodioneill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 GT Kona Blue
Or make it a real badass and just run gear driven cams problem solved. Cool noises and no problems. Honda ran it on VFR750's and those turned way higher RPMS although obviously much smaller displacement.

I still have my VFR Honda 750 fantastic Bike.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
After reading this thread what I want to know is why so many Americans are claiming to drive their cars on the Autobahn ?
Do you guys fly over to Germany with your Mustangs as a carry on ? WTF is going on here !
Sponsored