Well that didn't last long. 2020 GT350R DEAD

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Ricky_Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I see a lot of fords during my day job. The ecoboost 4 cylinders are junk (see short production run of Focus RS), they blow up left and right. Escapes, fusions, ecosports, etc.... all at the dealer getting engines replaced. Fusions are cracking flex plates all the time, eating transmissions, throwing rods. I had a funny story on a Ranger ecoboost the other day. It had like 4,000 miles, gets towed in with a puddle of oil on the ground and the right fender burnt from a fire. Come to find out it threw a rod through the block, cut both front and rear brake lines (so it had no brakes which I found out later), and caused an electrical fire melting the right fender. Over 1/2 of the coyote V8's I've heard have timing chain noise of some sort, and if you just sort through these forums you'll see all kinds of complaints of valvetrain noise from the terminators, to the GT500, to the coyotes, and several low mile GT350 with dropped valves etc...

Just saying I see thousands of cars from every brand running around this state during my day job and I can basically rank them all from most reliable to least reliable based off data and facts not feelings, and Ford is down near the bottom these days. Especially with the garbage Bosch CP4 injection pumps on the 6.7 powerstroke (which has been a problem on the duramax and now its an issue on the cummins). It is a sad day when I can measure an equal amount of Mitsubishis to Fords and the Mitsubishis have less failures. It changes every model year, some manufacturers get better some get worse. But it seems the union built cars have the most issues or maybe I just see a higher % of those who knows. Ford has made some great stuff, I've had about zero failures out of the 3.5 Ecoboost. Chevy has a ton of issues these days, somehow Chrysler has gotten more reliable even though they are owned by Fiat who just merged with a French company previously owned by a German company, its hard to keep count these days.

I just wish they would ditch the unions and redo their production methods, their stock prices and companies values are going to stay the same when they deliver crap quality like this. Sad that Tesla and Toyota are worth more than all of these put together. I didn't even mention the panel gaps, orange peel, and trash in the factory paint, my trunk doesnt come close to lining up with the tail lights.

Thats my rant, some people want to tolerate this kind of build quality some dont.
Kinda tldr there whiner boy. You're coming off as a whiner. Shit happens, you have a warranty, it's being taken care of at no cost to you, move on. You talk about how you've seen millions of cars and know everything about all brands and all statistics and all markets. Why'd you buy such a shitty ford shit mobile if you knew half of all fords explode when you turn the key?? lol please walk away from gt350's in general, they deserve better than you lol. Go ahead and buy your remote control tesla, mitsubishi or camry and disappear into sedan obscurity. Or better yet, buy your golden goose mobile that runs 9's, never needs break in or maintenance, has regenerative tires and lasts forever! Good luck OP.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
Defend Ford all you want, just look at their stock price. You can't blame me for being pissed off about dropping $80k on a car that couldn't make it 200 miles.

Having other threads floating around like "Voodoo engine how long will it last?" isn't a great confidence booster to anyone considering buying one of these. I just hope the word doesn't get out before I get rid of this one lol. 6.4 Powerstroke here we come lol

Last edited:

Ricky_Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm not defending ford at all. And I'm definitely, definitely not blaming you for being upset. I'm saying you're coming off as a whiner is all. All manufacturers have issues with their cars. All of them. Especially the interesting cars. I fell victim to the porsche IMS bearing debacle. You're being taken care of by your dealer and you can either stick with the platform or move on. I don't see why you're so hurt and whining about ford, unions, statistics and all the other anecdotal/hyperbole garbage. I don't need to look at stock prices either. Who buys a car based on stock prices? This is a car forum not a day trading site. The bottom line is your particular limited production car DID have a catastrophic failure and your dealer is making you whole. What more do you want given the circumstances?

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sucks that your engine went south. Warranty will fix it though and the car will be great. These forums are great places to share info but unfortunately a large percentage of people subscribe because they have an issue. This paints the illusion that the problems are much more common than they really are. Happy owners are far less likely to join a forum the simply say that they're happy with a car and they have no problems.
Once you get it back, the first time your go thru the gears at 8000rpms + you'll love it. We all want to rant and rave and stomp our feet when our toys break... You'll get over it.

I have to shake my head when people come unraveled at the fit and finish, paint quality, etc etc of these cars. Its a MUSTANG and an awesome one at that. Probably the best ever. Ford gave us a 8250rpm FPC in an engine built for use ONLY in that car. Give credit where credit is due. Can it be a shitbox? sure. But if you spend $250k on something Italian you may get a shitbox too. granted the body gaps and paint will be better....

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
[QUOTE="mk1spyder, post: 3085427, member: Ford all you want, just look at their stock price. You can't blame me for being pissed off about dropping $80k on a car that couldn't make it 200 miles.

Having other threads floating around like "Voodoo engine how long will it last?" isn't a great confidence booster to anyone considering buying one of these. I just hope the word doesn't get out before I get rid of this one lol. 6.4 Powerstroke here we come lol
[/QUOTE]
Excuse me, buddy. The stock price was not created by the US government like FCA and GM. I'm a partner in a major US Brokerage firm and that comment proved you are grossly ignorant of equity valuation. In fact you're probably a GM troll. Perhaps even from China.
You are very irritating and need to leave the forum. Definitely don't deserve a Ford product, the only car company to turn down the government subsidies and make it in their own.
You, sir, are a whiner, a baby and likely making all your complaints up.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
[QUOTE="mk1spyder, post: 3085427, member: Ford all you want, just look at their stock price. You can't blame me for being pissed off about dropping $80k on a car that couldn't make it 200 miles.

Excuse me, buddy. The stock price was not created by the US government like FCA and GM. I'm a partner in a major US Brokerage firm and that comment proved you are grossly ignorant of equity valuation. In fact you're probably a GM troll. Perhaps even from China.
You are very irritating and need to leave the forum. Definitely don't deserve a Ford product, the only car company to turn down the government subsidies and make it in their own.
You, sir, are a whiner, a baby and likely making all your complaints up.
[/QUOTE]

All 3 of their stock prices are junk.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
So I was looking at some GT500 thinking maybe I just switch to that and this is the carfax on the first one I found. It's not good when you have to upgrade the oil pump gears by default.

Screenshot_20201127-190426.png

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So I was looking at some GT500 thinking maybe I just switch to that and this is the carfax on the first one I found. It's not good when you have to upgrade the oil pump gears by default.

Screenshot_20201127-190426.png
Garbage car. Don't buy that. Keep looking

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I like the way they look this car was bundles of fun and looked awesome I don't want to give up I'm just researching all options.

Sponsored

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I have seen a few of these in the forum but it would be interesting to see more success story posts - GT350/350Rs that have a lot of miles and no engine issues.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
I have seen a few of these in the forum but it would be interesting to see more success story posts - GT350/350Rs that have a lot of miles and no engine issues.
Sure but think about how many of these they made and what the failure % is compared to a car that they make millions of. Even worse considering it's hand assembled with a signature on it.

My 2006 S65 AMG was hand built too and it is modified on a stock long block with 139k miles stock drivetrain and it has zero issues pushing 700-800hp.
Sponsored

Last edited: