OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
So I put about 150 miles on it going easy, fired it up today about 70 degrees outside. Big ass cloud of blue smoke. How normal is that for these?
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The 16, 17 RSs unfortunately had the wrong HG. They were replaced under recall. The 18s - like mine - did not. And mine is working flawlessly for almost 54K miles now. The motor is simply great. It pulls up the Cajon pass like nobody's business and is the only motor I've ever had that uses no motor oil. It is simply a terrific car all around and I don't know why OP wants to talk shit about it in a GT 500 thread (relevance?).

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
So I put about 150 miles on it going easy, fired it up today about 70 degrees outside. Big ass cloud of blue smoke. How normal is that for these?
Blue smoke? Definitely not normal. Im so sorry that you are having these problems.

Honestly if I were I would just get rid of the car and let someone else deal with these problems.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The 16, 17 RSs unfortunately had the wrong HG. They were replaced under recall. The 18s - like mine - did not. And mine is working flawlessly for almost 54K miles now. The motor is simply great. It pulls up the Cajon pass like nobody's business and is the only motor I've ever had that uses no motor oil. It is simply a terrific car all around and I don't know why OP wants to talk shit about it in a GT 500 thread (relevance?).
Unrelated but if they put the RS motor into the Ford Fiesta that car would be a beast for rally cross

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
You mean GT350 thread. I was simply referring to one of the other recent mistakes they made with a performance engine. Generally when they discontinue the entire line of car its not a great sign but in this case they just killed the focus because everyone and their sister wants a crossover SUV. I honestly thought the focus RS was a great alternative to an evo or subaru but was turned off by the exhaust manifold design and the bad rep the engines got (until the very last year).

Sponsored

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
It's completely normal, they all do it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
nope. you probably have a big burp of oil in the driver side engine cover. Pull it and make sure the vents are clear.

Or you got the special 'mosquito killer fogger' option.

OP
OP

mk1spyder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R TT005
nope. you probably have a big burp of oil in the driver side engine cover. Pull it and make sure the vents are clear.

Or you got the special 'mosquito killer fogger' option.
What do you mean by engine cover? Valve cover?

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
They DEFINITELY don't ALL do it.

I have had two and neither used oil and neither smoked on startup, shutdown or while driving. At least not yet.

The R though is CRAZY Loud on cold start though, I mean CRAZY LOUD. But I'm not complaining.