Sponsored

Well.. I did a huge wheelie with a 10r80

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The only part I have as a "brace" is the BMR cradle lockouts but thats more chassis related not suspension imo.
Factory shocks/springs/bushings and everything else
Lol, sounds a lot like my car but twice the power mod. I hate it when I see guys telling other guys they better get their suspension dialed in before adding FI. All I have on mine is the BMR cradle lockout as well. Awesome car you have there for sure.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
maybe a ignorant question, but would "proper" suspension mods prevented the wheelie? or maybe not gone up as high? shocks springs and what not? or is there really no way to tell. Ive seen cars do this with all the suspension mods (like lunds blue car) but wondering if the suspension stuff helps prevent this.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I get what youre saying but there is much more to it than "how much boost" based on static compression ratio. The compression is variable to some degree on these cars with variable cam timing. The relationship between boost and compression is not as direct as you mention above.

Not only that, but higher compression makes the motor snappier, rev quicker, and allows you to spool larger turbos sooner than a motor with less compression.

The benefits are many and outweigh the negatives within reason (obviously im not talking about a 15:1 race motor etc etc)..... The answer is run AS MUCH of it as you can given whatever fuel you plan to use most. In my case and many others, that fuel is e85 so 12:1 is just fine.
:clap::rockon:

Thanks about mentioning the valve timing I had forgotten about that, so yes there are more variables to this than what I mentioned before making it harder to find an answer.
I wonder if 1 full point in compression was "gained", "masked" in a way these things can tolerate octane/ NA or boost wise because of the use of the D.I. now? What I mean is if we are not really boosting 11:1 again because of the D.I. system is taking care of the rest, that small area so much better.
Being able to run 12:1 and 87 octane N/A is already nuts and mind blowing and if we told that to someone 20-30 years ago they woulda call us crazy or woulda laughed of us.

As engine compression numbers are on the rise and fuels are also getting better and more oxygenated especially for racing, it will require all of us to dig much deeper to find our answers as the subject is extremelly complex and again so many variables come to the equation than I showed before.

9.5:1 Aluminators are probably going to be discontinued sooner rather than later by ford racing. :cwl:

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
maybe a ignorant question, but would "proper" suspension mods prevented the wheelie? or maybe not gone up as high? shocks springs and what not? or is there really no way to tell. Ive seen cars do this with all the suspension mods (like lunds blue car) but wondering if the suspension stuff helps prevent this.
The car had never wheelied before so it was completely unexpected. Sure if we had coilovers on the front and locked them with limiters then the car would've stayed on the ground.
You can also strap the front factory coilovers down with a rachet strap. Most of the car doing a wheelie this big is from the initial inertia shock. We were just about to go make another pass and strapped the front end down but then saw the motor mount was broken in half lol.

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Lol, sounds a lot like my car but twice the power mod. I hate it when I see guys telling other guys they better get their suspension dialed in before adding FI. All I have on mine is the BMR cradle lockout as well. Awesome car you have there for sure.
A lot of those suspension mods work really well if you're on a street tire. Once you switch over to radials though stock suspension is where its at!

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
The car had never wheelied before so it was completely unexpected. Sure if we had coilovers on the front and locked them with limiters then the car would've stayed on the ground.
You can also strap the front factory coilovers down with a rachet strap. Most of the car doing a wheelie this big is from the initial inertia shock. We were just about to go make another pass and strapped the front end down but then saw the motor mount was broken in half lol.
Ur at the point its time for some suspensoin work lol

DTeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT
Oh that’s you? Nice man. Channel is cool, I Sub’d . Please don’t ever do those “took my car to CarMax” videos. lol Keep it up bro.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I like it, I like it a lot.

Strap that front end down and have a re-do.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The only part I have as a "brace" is the BMR cradle lockouts but thats more chassis related not suspension imo.
Factory shocks/springs/bushings and everything else
People will have vertical links, cradle/diff lock outs, sway bar, lca bearing etc and say stock suspension lol.

OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

NotQuik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Didn’t realize your suspension setup was so simple....goes to saying “less is more” can play out in a positive way. You have one hellva setup!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Oh that’s you? Nice man. Channel is cool, I Sub’d . Please don’t ever do those “took my car to CarMax” videos. lol Keep it up bro.
"Ok guys today I took the car to CarMax, they offered me 10k and I wheelied out of thier parking lot..."

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
"Ok guys today I took the car to CarMax, they offered me 10k and I wheelied out of thier parking lot..."
LMAO!
I don't plan on ever doing a video like that. Trying to stick to just race car stuff lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Oh c’mon now, putting it on the bumper is nothing... a real man keeps pedal to the metal and backflips onto the roof for ultimate completion! :devil:

——

All sarcasm aside - that’s a killer S550 wheelie, you now need a bigger and better wheelie bar to keep nose up and run full length of the track! :like:
Sponsored