Sponsored

Well… F$@k!

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Glad everyone is ok, this makes me think Ford should make BLIS standard. It might have saved you.
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Glad everyone is ok, this makes me think Ford should make BLIS standard. It might have saved you.
It was made standard from 2021 onward so... OP had BLIS assuming his car was a 22.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
It was made standard from 2021 onward so... OP had BLIS assuming his car was a 22.
So the OP missed the yellow warning light AND the red truck in the next lane?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I prefer the double mirrors on the prior years and some common sense, although blis shouldnt hurt. Still should have a double mirror with a convex mirror to show other lanes without having to rely on sensors.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Right off the bat even fixed to perfection ( never happen) it will be worth 3-5K less once it hits the Carfax , never mind the corrosion resistance and structural integrity will never be the same .

I deal with bodyshops all day long its how I make a living but you are kidding yourself if you don't believe the insurance company pressure on these shops to get the cars out ... Even the best shops would be hard pressed to spend an extra minute to make sure processes are done correctly .

This is moot anyway because the car looks finished .
Well then the shops you work with are HACKS

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I got hit.and yes to both questions
Georgia is a "fault" insurance state, the guilty party's insurance company pays for all repairs and diminished value. So what that means, is that your insurance company might have taken care of things, the other person's insurance actually paid for it all.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Right off the bat even fixed to perfection ( never happen) it will be worth 3-5K less once it hits the Carfax , never mind the corrosion resistance and structural integrity will never be the same .

I deal with bodyshops all day long its how I make a living but you are kidding yourself if you don't believe the insurance company pressure on these shops to get the cars out ... Even the best shops would be hard pressed to spend an extra minute to make sure processes are done correctly .

This is moot anyway because the car looks finished .
1. Diminished value would be paid, so that's not an issue.
2. There is no issue with corrosion resistance. A new OEM door, fender, hood and other items get installed, and the 1/4 panel gets pulled. Plus, the OP doesn't live in a winter shithole like New England. So, no issue with corrosion.
3. Insurance companies do NOT pressure shops to get cars out. Not in the slightest bit. There would be too much liability exposure in doing that.

The key is to find a reputable shop that does the work correctly, and press them for photos of the repairs to show it's all done properly.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Or drivers should learn how to drive properly. The OP messed up, it happens, that's why there's insurance.

Good Christ, how did anyone ever manage to drive from A to B without 13,000 "safety" features that do nothing other than let the worst drivers stay on the road until they kill someone.

Lowest. Common. Denominator.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
this is why I have those little convex mirrors even with blis

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The key is to find a reputable shop that does the work correctly, and press them for photos of the repairs to show it's all done properly.
This ^^^
I've been using the same independent shop for over 20 years. In '04 my Jeep GC was hit by a recap truck tire from oncoming traffic. I later sold the Jeep to a friend who still has it today and you still can't tell it ever had damage.
And I don't understand dumping a repaired vehicle right away. Even if you get a diminished value payout your car has still lost value. Why not keep a car you enjoy and let age and mileage mitigate some of that discrepancy in value?

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I prefer the double mirrors on the prior years and some common sense, although blis shouldnt hurt. Still should have a double mirror with a convex mirror to show other lanes without having to rely on sensors.

Agreed, the blind spot mirror is much more valuable than BLIS, BLIS lights-up when the oncoming vehicle is 'already there', with a blind spot mirror the driver looks, if both mirrors are clear it is safe to pull out [barring an oncoming vehicle driving at an excessive rate of speed, but in such a case, the BLIS is still inferior]. Blind spot mirrors should be an option at a minimum.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Or drivers should learn how to drive properly. The OP messed up, it happens, that's why there's insurance.

Good Christ, how did anyone ever manage to drive from A to B without 13,000 "safety" features that do nothing other than let the worst drivers stay on the road until they kill someone.

Lowest. Common. Denominator.
Turning head is hard <sarcasm >

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Agreed, the blind spot mirror is much more valuable than BLIS, BLIS lights-up when the oncoming vehicle is 'already there', with a blind spot mirror the driver looks, if both mirrors are clear it is safe to pull out [barring an oncoming vehicle driving at an excessive rate of speed, but in such a case, the BLIS is still inferior]. Blind spot mirrors should be an option at a minimum.
I don't know, maybe just turn your head and look?
I can see the cars rear hip and the whole lane beside me, anything out of the mirror view is beside me, and turning head is all that is needed to see if a vehicle is there or not.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
A lot can happen in front of you in the amount of time it takes to turn, look and return to the front, as opposed to the eye movement required to check the mirror.
Sponsored