MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
After reading thru this thread it amazes me how many people came into these threads to dump on OP because he "didn't turn his head" or some other elietist bull shit. I have seen a few of these people particularly in this thread that do this a lot.

i had a recent accident and it was 100% there fault. I wanted to post about it but the turd burglars would come in and start flicking my dingleberries just so they can read their own posts and lol.

OP wants to talk about damages and what could come from this ( and to feel better) and trolls like to talk about OP's driving skills lol. I hope the best for OP and the haters i hope they post up when it's their turn to have accident.

god this place is filled with so many grandpas ffs... Have you seen the meme thread??? Half the thread is filled with old people jokes that make no sense or meme templates that are a decade old like the raptor or baby fist with umbrella pattern backgrounds, ALIENS template or idk the drunk guy against the white wall... at least i haven't seen a penguin yet... it's just so many crusty people telling you just how you did it wrong and how it was done better in there day.

You can tell how many old people there are by starting a thread called POLITICS and see how fast it gets locked...

P.S the OP told you what happened he could of lied so he didn't get shit so imagine all the crap posted on here that IS a lie to save face... /rant
I 100% agree it's not necessary to come into the thread and criticize the OP's driving when all he inquired about was whether the car might be totaled.

But if you don't like older people here check out the S550 Facebook group. Lots of toxic content from posters with the apparent emotional development of 13-14 year olds. And the memes are probably good. You'd probably like it there.
Sponsored

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
My turn for the totaled or not totaled game…. Traveling on I-516 headed into Savannah, I checked to see if I was clear for a lane change and somehow missed seeing the huge, red Dodge Ram. It was like a reverse pit maneuver. Suddenly I’m waving at the other driver through my driver window like, “Oh! Hiiiiiii!”
Nobody was hurt. He was able to drive away with some paint transfer.

What do y’all think? GEICO will be looking at it in the next couple of days. I popped the hood. Everything is intact under the hood, nothing displaced. Nothing rubbing. Suspension looked good. I was able to drive it off the roadway to the shoulder and the tow truck driver was able to back it onto the flatbed.

Oh yeah, no airbag deployment.

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0724.jpeg

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg
Shitty, someone back into my 2022 a month after I got it, front end replacement(entire bumper, headlights, hood, radiator, and 1 fender I think) was like 12-15k if I remember correctly. With the side damage too, they might write it off.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Torched, help me here a little.

You‘re not suggesting it would be a good idea for the OP to have the car repaired and keep it, are you?

Edit: Well, wait. Reading more closely maybe the OP is good with that. I assumed the hope was that it would be totaled. OK.
Seems to me OP wants to keep car.with state farm if estimate is over 6o% of market value they total it.so they should total it at 47k unless they have a different formula for expensive repairs.my estimate was 15k and they gave me 25k

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I’m with GEICO. We’ll see what happens. My policy is a SC policy. SC law sets out equal to or greater than 75% of FMV as the threshold for total loss. I’m fairly certain I’m over that.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I’m with GEICO. We’ll see what happens. My policy is a SC policy. SC law sets out equal to or greater than 75% of FMV as the threshold for total loss. I’m fairly certain I’m over that.
Good luck

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
What’s playing into the equation is the fact that your car’s salvageable parts value has gone up exponentially which allows them the margin to accept a total on your car that much easier.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
What’s playing into the equation is the fact that your car’s salvageable parts value has gone up exponentially which allows them the margin to accept a total on your car that much easier.
Good point.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
Officially totaled out yesterday. Geico paid out $31,410 to FMC, leaving about $6k for my gap insurance to pick up.

This is my second totaled vehicle in seven months. The first was my 2021 Ford Ranger, weather related, driving during a tropical storm, ended up rolling a couple times off the road and into the marsh. I haven't had good luck with new vehicles lately. For the record, I had a clean driving record for 20+ years. And, now this in seven months. So.... I think I'm off to join a Yugo forum. It's been fun! Maybe I'll be back in a couple years. :crackup::blush:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Officially totaled out yesterday. Geico paid out $31,410 to FMC, leaving about $6k for my gap insurance to pick up.

This is my second totaled vehicle in seven months. The first was my 2021 Ford Ranger, weather related, driving during a tropical storm, ended up rolling a couple times off the road and into the marsh. I haven't had good luck with new vehicles lately. For the record, I had a clean driving record for 20+ years. And, now this in seven months. So.... I think I'm off to join a Yugo forum. It's been fun! Maybe I'll be back in a couple years. :crackup::blush:
wow sorry to heaR that .don't let it get you down at least you weren't hurt.
Sponsored