OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)
Wait, I'm confused, you bought a Mach 1 HP, and then immediately got rid of the Cup 2s, wheels, and front splitter? Maybe I'm missing something, but at that point, why did you even want the HP?
To be honest with you, I bought the HP simply because the price difference was justifiable. I think the HP is amazing for what it does to the car's appearance. I knew if I bought a Mach 1, it had to have the HP or I would always regret it. Cup 2's are going because they're really not worth the headache on NJ roads, going to slap on some Michelin PS4S. Splitter will stay on, I'll be okay with buying more if they break lol. New wheels and tires (Michelin PS AS4) are ready to go on for these colder temps and ofc when it snows, she's getting tucked in the garage with my 488.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
Nope, they're definitely not there. Maybe they're gone with the rest of the car the owner for rid of. But really, OP, check your parts department and see what's up. You're owed some flares for the front.
Yup, dealer is shipping them out to me. But the real question is, put them on before or after I get PPF? Hmmm.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yup, dealer is shipping them out to me. But the real question is, put them on before or after I get PPF? Hmmm.
I would wait and discuss with the person doing the ppf. I think it's better if the ppf can go around the lip of the fender rather than being cut off short.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Put them on after you get PPF. I had my guy wrap the PPF around the fender then I installed the fender lips over it. It also means over time your lips won't move and rub away clear coat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I would wait and discuss with the person doing the ppf. I think it's better if the ppf can go around the lip of the fender rather than being cut off short.
Put them on after you get PPF. I had my guy wrap the PPF around the fender then I installed the funder lips over it. It also means overtime your lips won't move and rub away clear coat.
I agree with all of this.

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
Car looks amazing - please post more pics.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
To be honest with you, I bought the HP simply because the price difference was justifiable. I think the HP is amazing for what it does to the car's appearance. I knew if I bought a Mach 1, it had to have the HP or I would always regret it. Cup 2's are going because they're really not worth the headache on NJ roads, going to slap on some Michelin PS4S. Splitter will stay on, I'll be okay with buying more if they break lol. New wheels and tires (Michelin PS AS4) are ready to go on for these colder temps and ofc when it snows, she's getting tucked in the garage with my 488.
While I disagree about it being a good value (especially after swapping out the PSC2s, which are a big part of the price), I respect your opinion on thinking the appearance upgrade alone is worth it... But the guy I was replying to swapped out the wheels AND dropped the front splitter. At that point, practically the only difference from the regular Mach 1 is the rear wing, which is hardly worth $4500. However, his explanation makes sense, hah, so I'll let it go.

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
I live 20 miles from Columbia. They were advertising this car for 10k over list for a few months. Congrats on new car. Looks great. I was hoping they would stick to the adm and get stuck wih it. Paying over list on a new mach 1 is most likely over.
Could be wrong though.

OP
OP
cobruh

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
I live 20 miles from Columbia. They were advertising this car for 10k over list for a few months. Congrats on new car. Looks great. I was hoping they would stick to the adm and get stuck wih it. Paying over list on a new mach 1 is most likely over.
Could be wrong though.
Yeah. Car had a ADM of $5,000 when I found it. I called them up and said look, Iā€™m ready to take this car at MSRP, I have 20 to put down and Iā€™m pre-approved, talk to your sales manager and only call me back if youā€™re willing to do so. And the rest is history haha.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terrance
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1 2019 Ranger FX4
Just bought my 2022 Mach 1 Handling Package in Grabber Blue. 10r80, Leather Recaro seats, Elite Package. Pretty much fully loaded. Drove the car back home 175 miles to NJ (these cup sport 2ā€™s are going, the tram lining is insane) Shoutout to Chapman Ford in Columbia, PA for assisting in this deal. Didnā€™t pay a penny over MSRP + the team is amazing there. Lucky to have found this spec, not many (if any) left on the lot for MY22. Ready to daily drive this and have some fun on the track!

084BBD7B-2502-4CAB-8093-9DAE3BF9F272.jpeg
Itā€™s gorgeous. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜