GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
It doesn't happen all the time, but when I open the door to get in I occasionally hear this strange buzz noise from the speakers. Sounds like an interference buzz, and just a quick half-second but annoying nonetheless. It kind of sounds like a light saber beginning to power up...lol

Anyone else have this?
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It doesn't happen all the time, but when I open the door to get in I occasionally hear this strange buzz noise from the speakers. Sounds like an interference buzz, and just a quick half-second but annoying nonetheless. It kind of sounds like a light saber beginning to power up...lol

Anyone else have this?
I'm here to help, GiddyUp15! Have you visited the dealer yet for this concern? Let me know if you plan on taking it in. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info; I'll look into options to assist on my end.

Jeff

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I'm here to help, GiddyUp15! Have you visited the dealer yet for this concern? Let me know if you plan on taking it in. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info; I'll look into options to assist on my end.

Jeff
Not yet, the weather and my schedule haven't made it very easy. I noticed thsi from day one, but it is inconsistent. I'm trying to figure out when it does it so I can replicate it to the dealer :)

I will be sure to let you know when I bring her in! :ford:

captainGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT,2017 Corvette Grand Sport
The same issue here,also intermittent. Sounds like a power hum coming from the speakers.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Anyone else have this?
Is this with the stereo on ... or when the car is off? I notice a kind of squeaking noise when I opened my drivers side door, and thought it was a dry hinge, but turned out to be the pointy front edge of the door crease line was rubbing against some insulation material located near the front of the door.

Open your door and watch & listen how the pointy front edge of the body crease in the door rubs on that material. Put a little Armor-all on that material and the noise should go away - at least the noise I'm talking about.

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Is this with the stereo on ... or when the car is off? I notice a kind of squeaking noise when I opened my drivers side door, and thought it was a dry hinge, but turned out to be the pointy front edge of the door crease line was rubbing against some insulation material located near the front of the door.

Open your door and watch & listen how the pointy front edge of the body crease in the door rubs on that material. Put a little Armor-all on that material and the noise should go away - at least the noise I'm talking about.
No it's when I first get into the car. When I open the door, it definitely some sort of buzz noise from the speakers. It may coincidence with the interior lights turning on, I'm not sure.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it's when I first get into the car. When I open the door, it definitely some sort of buzz noise from the speakers. It may coincidence with the interior lights turning on, I'm not sure.
Wow, that's a weird one. Hope it gets figured out and fixed! Definitely sounds like some kind of electrical interference/cross talk going on.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
My EcoBoost Premium 201a does the same thing and has since day one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Anyone else have this?
I have noticed when you open a door the running lights and tail lights come on, and I noticed the tail lights kind of make a buzzing sound if you put your ear down by them.

I'm wondering if the radio system is somehow picking that up electrically somehow? I hate electrical problems. :doh:

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Does the fuel pump prime when we open our doors? Maybe it's causing some EMI or something. Just a guess.

I had the loose insulation mentioned above, it caused a little squeak. I'll probably end up taping it in place because it's slid back for a second time already in less than 1000mi.

keamm91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
EcoBoost Premium 201A Package (Shaker) speakers give off a strange buzz after turning the vehicle off...can't sit in my car with the engine off since the noise/beep just keeps intermittently going off...hoping to take it in to the dealer.

keamm91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I actually took a couple videos of the noise - can we attach videos to these posts???

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I actually took a couple videos of the noise - can we attach videos to these posts???
Yes. they have to be 1st uploaded to the internet on places like youtube. Then login here and go advanced. Copy the LINK and paste it to your post. (I hope that's right. :D ) :cheers:

BTW: I do have the same sound and thought it is coming from the door speakers....
Sponsored