HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So what do they do if you didn't have a car and therefore had no car insurance?
Exactly. In hindsight best to act like you don't have a car/insurance. Pretty sure not a crime to withhold info from a hospital worker.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Can you have a bodyshop repair without them reporting?
Don't know if fact but I got close to someone at the Cadillac dealer body shop that painted the stripes on my GT and asked various questions about the biz. He claimed they do NOT report anything but insurance that pays any bills definitely do.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Well there you go, there’s no hiding it unless there’s a single vehicle incident where nothing was reported and you fixed the damage yourself.
Can you have a bodyshop repair without them reporting?
I doubt the shop reports it as there is no benefit for them. And mainly, it's an insurance company thing.
But all you have to do is ask a big shop.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I think the whole thing was supposed to eliminate insurance companies pointing fingers/lawyers at the other party. All those saved attorney fees would drastically reduce rates. LoL
You kinda nailed it, but mainly it also gets bills paid without waiting to resolve disputed liability.

Exactly. In hindsight best to act like you don't have a car/insurance. Pretty sure not a crime to withhold info from a hospital worker.
The records show you were hurt in a car accident. It gets flagged/coded and the billing people start researching insurance on the involved vehicle. Your health insurance, if they get billed, will also recognize the codes and be asking you for the owner/insurance info, and will likely not pay until that is resolved. You won't get around it.
So you would also have to lie to the doctor about what happened, pretty hard to do if you came by ambulance. If you walk in, you might get away with it. but if you make a liability claim for your injuries, you won't get far with it if you made up a story for the doctor that you were hurt falling down some steps or on your bike.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I've scanned this whole thread and if anyone mentioned Grundy Insurance, I missed it??:crazy:

When I bought my 2019 GT 5.0 6-Speed Vert our Progressive policy was going up $1500.00 a year for normal coverage and depreciated value!!:curse: Grundy quoted $548.00 a year for complete coverage, no mileage limitation and agreed value of $40K.......just got the renewal and no changes.......AMAZING!!:shock:

Y'all should give 'em a shot just to see if they can help ya.......GOOD LUCK!! :like:
Grundy is for collector cars and their policies are written with the basis that the car is NOT being used as a daily driver. That is how come the annual rate is so much less.

When you applied, did they ask how the car was going to be used, being that it’s a standard GT vert?

If the car is being used daily and happens to be in an accident (or is stolen) these Specialty or Collector Car Companies do investigate. If it’s found that the car was being used outside the terms as agreed to by them and the insured, they won’t pay a dime and will drop you from the policy. There’s a lot of fine print in these policies which no one reads.

My 1994 Cobra is insured on an agreed value collector car policy. It too has “unlimited” miles and a great annual premium, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok to daily drive it and use it as the normal mode of transportation.

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Grundy is for collector cars and their policies are written with the basis that the car is NOT being used as a daily driver. That is how come the annual rate is so much less.
Very interesting.

From Grundy:

To be eligible for coverage, your collector car must be used for pleasure driving only.
You must have a separate regular-use vehicle. Your collector car must be kept inside of a locked garage.
All drivers must be 25 years old.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible

When you applied, did they ask how the car was going to be used, being that it’s a standard GT vert?

If the car is being used daily and happens to be in an accident (or is stolen) these Specialty or Collector Car Companies do investigate. If it’s found that the car was being used outside the terms as agreed to by them and the insured, they won’t pay a dime and will drop you from the policy. There’s a lot of fine print in these policies which no one reads.

My 1994 Cobra is insured on an agreed value collector car policy. It too has “unlimited” miles and a great annual premium, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok to daily drive it and use it as the normal mode of transportation.
Yep, told them that it may be driven daily and asked about mileage limitation....both were NOT an issue!!:wink:

Their ONLY requirement was it has to locked in the garage at night when at home.....that's it CJ!!:like:
Sponsored