Sponsored

Weight Reduction

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I want too keep the functionality of the car (seats etc) any ways of reducing weight easily? Sounds deadening locations, Exhaust, etc?
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Between wheels, rear seat delete, exhaust, and other small things I should be down around 140-150 lbs.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
on my vert, there are huge metal weights mounted behind the splash guards on the front wheels. they look to be about 5-10 lbs. each. If I were concerned about weight, I would look there first and my gut second. I could stand to lose 30 lbs. myself.

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Between wheels, rear seat delete, exhaust, and other small things I should be down around 140-150 lbs.

I'm dropping weight in my GT, I've already started to fix: rear seat delete, two Corbeau race buckets, catback already in place and in a second chapter: lexan back window, aluminium one piece driveshat, lightweight brake kit front and rear, A/C deletde and condenser taken out and.... true carbĂłn Hood if I win lottery...

I was thinking about deleting front and rear steel guards, has anybody clue of what's their weight and how to take them away?

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Bralle battery, weighs like 9lbs compared to the stock which is like 30 something. Some lighter wheels maybe. Cf trunk lid and hood would shed some pounds. Res delete- there's a few more pounds.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
That's a great thread! Battery is where I shall start

Sponsored

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
on my vert, there are huge metal weights mounted behind the splash guards on the front wheels. they look to be about 5-10 lbs. each. If I were concerned about weight, I would look there first and my gut second. I could stand to lose 30 lbs. myself.
any pics of the weights?

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Agreed pics would be good, anything similar too this on the stang?

OP
OP

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
How much weight can I save by getting rid of the Spare wheel, Jack etc? Still interested on the weights added behind the front wheel! Anything similar to this on the stang?
Sponsored