Wear on inside of front tires

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
My 19 PP1 is doing this too. All factory suspension, 21,000 miles. I am going to get it aligned when I put new tires on the front. I am going to get them to check the toe. I was thinking about getting camber bolts to straighten the camber out as well. Is that a dumb idea. I don't give a crud if I loose some of the PP1 handling, I just do not want to replace front tires every 20,000 miles.
I needed new tires after just 20,000 because of the same issue. Had the camber bolts put on mine. Unless you're doing 120 into a turn you'll never know they're on.
Sponsored

Returning_User

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
California Special
My 19 PP1 is doing this too. All factory suspension, 21,000 miles. I am going to get it aligned when I put new tires on the front. I am going to get them to check the toe. I was thinking about getting camber bolts to straighten the camber out as well. Is that a dumb idea. I don't give a crud if I loose some of the PP1 handling, I just do not want to replace front tires every 20,000 miles.
Some of us would love to get 20,000 miles out of our tires...

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I just had my car aligned saturday, i had a lot of inside tire wear. killed off a set of PS4S very prematurely. toe was the issue on mine. stock PP1 car.

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
I needed new tires after just 20,000 because of the same issue. Had the camber bolts put on mine. Unless you're doing 120 into a turn you'll never know they're on.
I have the same issue and Ford installed camber bolts on mine yesterday and I am getting new tires under warranty also. They set up the camber 0 degrees. How much camber are you running? Do you still have issues with your front tires?

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I just had this issue with mine. Stock suspension, 285’s on 19x10’s. Only the inside 10-15% of the tread had worn down, to the cords on one tire in a couple spots. Had alignment checked yesterday and it was still dead even on the factory specs. Got 30k miles on them, but would’ve been a lot more if not for the inner wear.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I dont know how to make this more clear. If you eat inside fronts and don’t look like a stance car, add toe-in.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Here is what helped mine and made a huge difference after I ruined a set of tires in less than 15K miles. Added a set of adjustable camber bolts and set them at -1.4 (you can go closer to -1.0 if you want). Make sure the toe stays aligned (largest contributor) and the cold tire pressure is 32 lbs (anything less and the tires run even more with the negative camber on the inter edge). It won't eliminate all of it but significantly helps reduce the wear. You can always change the camber when you go to the track.

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
Here is what helped mine and made a huge difference after I ruined a set of tires in less than 15K miles. Added a set of adjustable camber bolts and set them at -1.4 (you can go closer to -1.0 if you want). Make sure the toe stays aligned (largest contributor) and the cold tire pressure is 32 lbs (anything less and the tires run even more with the negative camber on the inter edge). It won't eliminate all of it but significantly helps reduce the wear. You can always change the camber when you go to the track.
How much was your camber before the alignment? Mine was at -1.2 and destroyed the inner side at 13k

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
How much was your camber before the alignment? Mine was at -1.2 and destroyed the inner side at 13k
2019 pp1 camber is notionally -1.7

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
I dont know how to make this more clear. If you eat inside fronts and don’t look like a stance car, add toe-in.
How much toe in and how many miles do your tires last? What's your camber?

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
How much toe in and how many miles do your tires last? What's your camber?
Enough toe in so it’s clearly toe-in. Like 1/16 inch or a hair more is enough. (0.16 deg). I was seeing inner wear on several sets of tires till I did this. Front camber was -2.

The other questions don’t have good answers for you as my summer tires survive a few thousand miles and my winter tires age out before they wear out.

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
Enough toe in so it’s clearly toe-in. Like 1/16 inch or a hair more is enough. (0.16 deg). I was seeing inner wear on several sets of tires till I did this. Front camber was -2.

The other questions don’t have good answers for you as my summer tires survive a few thousand miles and my winter tires age out before they wear out.
Are you still running the same camber -2?