Sponsored

Weak Fan/AC on 17' Base GT

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Hey all,

Been researching forums wondering if anyone has experienced this.

My Base 17' GT has 6k miles and owned for 1.5years. I've noticed after 6 months of owning the AC and Heat feel pretty weak.

I have to run the fan at high (sometimes MAX) for AC on hot days to even get decent cool air flow into the cabin. Same goes for heat on cold days. All other cars I've owned (incl a 02' Taurus I had 2 years ago) had way better air movement.

This doesn't seem like the common Evap issue most people experience. Maybe a loose hose or connection somewhere?

The Ford Dealers in my area are a joke when it comes to maint. So unfortunately i'll have to drive a distance to get any warranty work done.
Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
The evaporator issue can cause a variety of weird symptoms from what I've read here. I'd just take it in to the dealer and see what they say.

For what its worth, my car with a brand new evaporator on its coldest setting still isn't as cold as all of the late model cars I have driven/ridden in recently (2016 Honda Civic, 2016 Chevy SS, 2013 Caddy XTS, 2018 Chevy Silverado, 2017 Audi Q5, 2018 Jeep Wrangler)

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So, I had a '15 - which I'm fairly sure had the first A/C issue of the S550's. In Nov 14, with 9 miles on, all but 3 by me, I had to drive it back to get a new compressor .

In my '17 (Dec 16 Build), which I've had for 7 months and around 6.5K miles, I've noticed on Auto, it never really blows very hard. I've had to take it off auto, and manually adjust fan speed. That cools it down, slowly, but it's never ice cold like my '15 was previously.

I'm fairly certain I'll be taking it in by July/August this year for an A/C issue. Maybe it's my imagination, but by a Dallas summer I'll know for sure.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Thanks guys I'll take it in and make the drive to a reputable dealer. These parts aren't cheap to fix esp of its the Evap issue so many people complain about

Same here Jeffrey DJ, it's not ice cold either. I've owned 8 cars with AC and this one is by far the weakest. Even my 91' Dodge Stealth was miles ahead of this.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
For what its worth, my car with a brand new evaporator on its coldest setting still isn't as cold as all of the late model cars I have driven/ridden in recently (2016 Honda Civic, 2016 Chevy SS, 2013 Caddy XTS, 2018 Chevy Silverado, 2017 Audi Q5, 2018 Jeep Wrangler)
Same here.
Sponsored