Sponsored

We have to do better as Mustang owners and not pull stunts like this against EV cars.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supercharger-iced-ford-mustang-towed-by-police/

Come on now, you know the EV crowd just lives for stuff like this. They are like EV Peta and will use anything to further their cause and make ICE cars look evil. Notice how they emphasized it was a Mustang owner and not just a gas car owner.

Don't be jackwagons and block EV stations. But on the other hand I personally don't feel they should get preferential parking assigned just for them if a lot is full either. Not saying that was the case in the write up but..

Only Handicap should have special parking. If a lot is full I don't feel there should be a special EV parking that gives them special treatment either. They have chargers at home correct? Don't they get 100s of miles on a charge? How would their battery be low with chore running if they charged at home? why should all other cars pay the price for their not charging at home? (yes yes I know there are other circumstances involved with EV). But seriously I feel they should not get special treatment if a lot is full and there are 6 or more EV spots sitting open not in use. But if the lot is not full then yes you are being a jerk parking there when there is other places to park considering most EV spots are at backs of lots.

For example today at grocery store the place was full no joke not a single spot was open. 10-15 cars circling and circling all while 6 EV spots were there not in use. Its a grocery store no ones gonna be in there long so why not park in those spots?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you don't understand, EV drivers are better people. Nobility if you will. But in any event dicks will be dicks no matter what they drive. You have to wonder about the emotional maturity of people, really.

I have no major beef with EV-only parking spots provided it's far away at the end of the parking lot (QED low demand) and there is an abundance of normal parking. 2% of the driving public is not special. They made their choice, they deserve to reap the consequences of being (non-malicious) inconvenienced.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The mustang driver is an a$$hole - plain and simple. And an arrogant little prick as well for parking in an EV designated spot. This has nothing to do with EV driver self-righteousness - the mustang driver got what he deserved.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm ok with handicap and pregnant mom parking. But as far as I'm concerned, everything else is first come first serve whether there's a charger there or not. Give me a f'in break! I'd like to see the statute that makes it illegal to park there (although in California, there probably is one).

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So if a Tesla owner pulls into a future Ford charging spot (because you know it’s coming), can the Tesla owner be ticketed and towed?

For the record, I don’t agree with what the Ford owners did, but you know there’s going to be charging wars with who can stick a charger station where and who will start charging the EV owners to “fuel up”.... wait for it....

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What a whinny little bitch.

Did his car need charging? Probably not. It was a mall on a holiday week/end. Plan ahead.

He did it for the good of society. That’s called a social justice warrior.

I see people parked handicap all the time with no placard. Do I call the cops? no.

Explain why people should be more outraged about Iceing(?) than blocking a disabled persons spot?

When you try to modify people’s behavior for the good of society your an asshole.

I wish I could tell everyone of these little bitches Tesla’s pollute the Earth more than ICE cars. Literally no car Tesla makes has a smaller carbon footprint than a Mustang. Not to mention the lithium.

Saving the Earth. What a joke.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The mustang driver is an a$$hole - plain and simple. And an arrogant little prick as well for parking in an EV designated spot. This has nothing to do with EV driver self-righteousness - the mustang driver got what he deserved.
But see was he? Like I said if a lot is full why should EV get a special spot? The guy probably parked there cause on xmas week end the place was full, Then some EV SJW came out and hounded him and and was all self righteous to the point he pissed the Mustang owner off and then got the finger. At which point they played innocent victim and called the cops and were all "oh my I was doing nothing when this gas car owner just came out of nowhere and started flipping electric owner's off for no reason like a crazy person".

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So if a Tesla owner pulls into a future Ford charging spot (because you know it’s coming), can the Tesla owner be ticketed and towed?

For the record, I don’t agree with what the Ford owners did, but you know there’s going to be charging wars with who can stick a charger station where and who will start charging the EV owners to “fuel up”.... wait for it....
I figure at some point if EV cars do make it mainstream, there will be induction charging. Where all parking spaces just have a wire buried or something like that and when you park it auto charges just like the wireless chargers for cell phones.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Honestly, I can see from the reactions on here why mustang drivers get a bad rap.

Whoever owns the charging stations pays/rents those spaces (and if it is the mall itself then same principle). I guess everyone here is okay with parking in reserved spots just because they’re empty? It can’t be because it is an electric car charging station, and those evil elective cars are entitled, can it?

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Why don't we get rich by selling fake charging ports? Drive up, plug in........to a fake port. :flag:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I figure at some point if EV cars do make it mainstream, there will be induction charging. Where all parking spaces just have a wire buried or something like that and when you park it auto charges just like the wireless chargers for cell phones.
A great concept once cold fusion has been figured out.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Honestly, I can see from the reactions on here why mustang drivers get a bad rap.

Whoever owns the charging stations pays/rents those spaces (and if it is the mall itself then same principle). I guess everyone here is okay with parking in reserved spots just because they’re empty? It can’t be because it is an electric car charging station, and those evil elective cars are entitled, can it?
it's a bit more convoluted than that. you go to a packed mall no parking you dont have a EV so you drive around and around and around. then a EV that most likely does not even need to be charged gets a red carpet spot just because he has a EV like they are someone special. If your car is about to die sure but if you use them like you are special for having a car spot. then nope I have seen plenty of ev cars in ev spots that WERE NOT CHARGING they just use them as if they are THEIR parking spots in a otherwise full lot.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
But see was he? Like I said if a lot is full why should EV get a special spot? The guy probably parked there cause on xmas week end the place was full, Then some EV SJW came out and hounded him and and was all self righteous to the point he pissed the Mustang owner off and then got the finger. At which point they played innocent victim and called the cops and were all "oh my I was doing nothing when this gas car owner just came out of nowhere and started flipping electric owner's off for no reason like a crazy person".
So does this action then mean that a Tesla can be towed if found parked in a 'non-charger spot' if the lot is full and there are only charging spots available? Seems only fair to me.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
it's a bit more convoluted than that. you go to a packed mall no parking you dont have a EV so you drive around and around and around. then a EV that most likely does not even need to be charged gets a red carpet spot just because he has a EV like they are someone special. If your car is about to die sure but if you use them like you are special for having a car spot. then nope I have seen plenty of ev cars in ev spots that WERE NOT CHARGING they just use them as if they are THEIR parking spots in a otherwise full lot.
Does it bother you that car manufacturers buy preferred parking spots at sporting events all the time and only offer it to people who drive their vehicles? Or if parking garages all over the country sell reserved spots? Malls are private property and they can choose what to do with their spaces (to the extent that is allowed by regulations).
Sponsored