Sponsored

We Have Officially Gone Insane!!!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals was to prevent death. It's the same concept, you just take the logical conclusion of "what happens to people if hospitals are overwhelmed". They die.

You're distanced from an epicenter. In Detroit, the COVID hospitals are full. The states and locations further away from epicenters per the guidelines will be able to open sooner. The 14 day window will be easier to achieve.

Stop repeating what you heard months ago from Fox news and Trump about this being like the flu. You can't claim the numbers not being much worse than the flu, while ignoring the fact the only reason those numbers are "only that bad" is because of the shutdown orders. Without them, this would have soared past the total deaths of the flu over the last 5-10 years. If you immediately lift them, there's nothing stopping that from happening again.

We definitely didn't shut down too early. Look at how we were projecting through the beginning of this, right along a path to millions of deaths. The shutdown actions heavily stunted this growth, and through the guidelines which seem reasonable, things should be able to begin being turned back on.
I think we agree that different states need different treatment. Some didn't shut down at all and that was appropriate. Some need to be shut down still. What I'm saying is we need more measured and responsible actions with less extremism. MN should not be shut down right now. And possibly shut downs should be limited to metro areas. Let the less populated areas do their thing.

Of course it is like the flu. It's a virus and so is the flu. It's stronger and kills more people than the flu (another point we agree on), but we still don't know how many more.

There will be millions of deaths, just like there are millions of deaths from the flu and other viral infections. It's just a question of how many years it takes as the population ages. Many people over 80 years old may end up with Covid as the cause of death if they do not shelter away from sick people with no symptoms. This is not going away just like the flu is not going away. And every year there will probably be multiple new versions of it (again just like the flu). Covid resides in people too long to not mutate over time.

So all the activity just delays deaths and removes people's freedoms. It definitely doesn't prevent death. I'm just tired of the people politicizing this to their advantage for whatever reason rather than taking measured and appropriate actions.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
You seriously stated stop listening and quoting Fox News and Trump. Look in the the mirror. You just spit out the same crap from from Cnn, Msnbc, etc. it goes both ways.

Flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals was to prevent death. It's the same concept, you just take the logical conclusion of "what happens to people if hospitals are overwhelmed". They die.

You're distanced from an epicenter. In Detroit, the COVID hospitals are full. The states and locations further away from epicenters per the guidelines will be able to open sooner. The 14 day window will be easier to achieve.

Stop repeating what you heard months ago from Fox news and Trump about this being like the flu. You can't claim the numbers not being much worse than the flu, while ignoring the fact the only reason those numbers are "only that bad" is because of the shutdown orders. Without them, this would have soared past the total deaths of the flu over the last 5-10 years. If you immediately lift them, there's nothing stopping that from happening again.

We definitely didn't shut down too early. Look at how we were projecting through the beginning of this, right along a path to millions of deaths. The shutdown actions heavily stunted this growth, and through the guidelines which seem reasonable, things should be able to begin being turned back on.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
You are so right but it's not just overreach. Governor McMaster is lifting the public beach access rules tomorrow along with some retail store reopenings. People are going nuts in both directions. My Nextdoor tread on this is a textbook lesson in human nature.

Reminds me of this
upload_2020-4-20_12-55-26.jpeg

I just wish we had some stability in our Federal, State & local governments. They need to get on the same page and stop fighting each other. People see this and are now doing the same thing.
5edf39676a987_q7u3gx286m251__700.jpg

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yep, and with more and more states abandoning logic and reason, the nightmare will continue.

Not to mention all the crazy variants that are out there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go for this, personally. 'Modern' man may have a cell phone in their hand but as far as actual knowledge, the ability to think//reason/evaluate, we're no better (worse?) than the middle-ages.

ary-popular-delusions-and-the-madness-of-crowds-10.jpg

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought.” -- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

“Ours may become the first civilization destroyed, not by the power of our enemies,
but by the ignorance of our teachers and the dangerous nonsense they are teaching our children.
In an age of artificial intelligence, they are creating artificial stupidity.' -- Thomas Sowell

Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My date and I went to Boulder, CO for a date on Saturday and ended up getting caught in a goddamn riot. Normally, we just go cruise in the car, avoiding public places. The ONE time we have a cheat day and go someplace public we get caught in a riot. It's getting harder and harder to avoid idiocy anymore. Something is definitely in the water...
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...over-covid-19-restrictions-for-saturdays-riot

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
My date and I went to Boulder, CO for a date on Saturday and ended up getting caught in a goddamn riot. Normally, we just go cruise in the car, avoiding public places. The ONE time we have a cheat day and go someplace public we get caught in a riot. It's getting harder and harder to avoid idiocy anymore. Something is definitely in the water...
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...over-covid-19-restrictions-for-saturdays-riot
Wow I am so sorry for you, that is bullshit that when you finally get out you have to deal with that, but that is where this Country is heading, this is the up and communing generation, ain't getting better.
Sponsored

Reactions: XS