Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I'm curious fellas, what waxes you're using? They sound "old school." I believe the technology has improved to the point where a spray wax can give you the same shine and protection in a tenth the time of application and removal.

Adam's Detail Spray and BeadMaker are my two Go To spray waxes. They may not last as long as an old school carnuba job would but it's so easy to apply and buff, it's NBD to wax after washing.
Liquid Glass (Original) although "Finish First" is their new brand however, I have used both and there is a slight difference. You can still find unopened cans of Liquid Glass on Amazon, I've owned A LOT of cars and not once has it ever disappointed and the paint on all of my cars looks nearly flawless (even my daily drivers). This stuff works....

However, I'm getting full XPEL on the GT500, so I'll put a few coats on before XPEL to establish the bonding and protection.
Sponsored

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
I use a lot of different paint protection products. Applying wax is very satisfying to me and the result is somehow different to spray sealants. I have heard it called a warm glow, whatever it is, wax still has a place for me.

After a fresh coat of 845 -

oct209.jpg
We have aproduct here locally that is called Nutone it is great for a year they advertise ,they also have it for black cars

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
Waxing the stang is easy enough. But my truck is a different story. it's white. When the wax cures and is ready to be buffed off, it's hard to tell where the wax and if I got it all.

Is there a good wax that cures/dries to something other than whiteish?
have you tried a ceramic coating, look at carboncollective.com long lasting and durable.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I used the Adams graphene ceramic spray and the shine on my oxford white was amazing. Stuff works very good. I have since had a full paint correction and CQuarts ceramic done and a coat of reload to top it.
https://fb.watch/4_hGA7WIfA/

IMG_0483.JPG

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
have you tried a ceramic coating, look at carboncollective.com long lasting and durable.
It's a company work truck that we survey out of. It's constantly in the brush, mud and various construction / de-construction sites. And for some reason, I'm spending my time and money doing the washing and waxing, so no ceramic coating, nothing pricey, just a simple wash, and wax to keep it looking halfway decent.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I did a wash, clay, wash, dry, and then applied the Car Guys Premium Liquid Wax. (I know I skipped the polishing stage, but there really weren't many swirls on the truck as I had it ceramic coated a while ago. 2 year coating, which was gone by now.)

That Car guys stuff is amazing.
I did the truck in May and it lasted me a good, solid eight months of protection/hydrophobic properties. And that's including the brutal Northeast winter. Another key part was the fact that it was super easy to use. Easy to apply and take off without any hazing. I was so impressed I bought a bigger bottle and have a lot in the garage when I do the truck again. Sometimes it's hard to find/get because it sells out quickly.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Waxing the stang is easy enough. But my truck is a different story. it's white. When the wax cures and is ready to be buffed off, it's hard to tell where the wax and if I got it all.

Is there a good wax that cures/dries to something other than whiteish?
A little off topic, but...

Have you considered ceramic coating the car yourself?
I have done a few of my vehicles with Armor Shield IX, and it's far superior to any wax I ever used.
The product is very user friendly, and the results are stellar.
Cleaning is a breeze, and the car virtually dries itself. I did my Mustang in about 8 hours - paint correction and 3 coats of ASIX.
Food for thought.

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
It's a company work truck that we survey out of. It's constantly in the brush, mud and various construction / de-construction sites. And for some reason, I'm spending my time and money doing the washing and waxing, so no ceramic coating, nothing pricey, just a simple wash, and wax to keep it looking halfway decent.
that was my point, do the coating once and its a case of washing properly and the water just runs off with the coating. Save you a lot of time and effort longer tem for a little more outlay, check their online video!.
Sponsored