Sponsored

Watkins Glen - which side gets more tire abuse?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Heading to an HPDE weekend at Watkins Glen and looking for advice from those who've been there on which side gets more tire abuse, driver or passenger side?

Trying to extend the life of my tires so want to shift them as needed to even out wear. Right now the driver's side is more worn.
Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Sorry for the late response. Just saw the post. Probably going to be your driver's front that takes the most abuse. I'm assuming your suspension is relatively stock. My e90 M3 with a square tire set-up overheated the driver's front as I got towards the end of each session. I had an e46 M3 with substantial suspension mods that was very well balanced. It worked the tires very evenly. Still probably hit the left front worst if I had to pick.

OP
OP
TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sorry for the late response. Just saw the post. Probably going to be your driver's front that takes the most abuse. I'm assuming your suspension is relatively stock. My e90 M3 with a square tire set-up overheated the driver's front as I got towards the end of each session. I had an e46 M3 with substantial suspension mods that was very well balanced. It worked the tires very evenly. Still probably hit the left front worst if I had to pick.
Thanks for the info. When watching videos there's that long right hander at 130+ leading to the back straight and has me worried considering the walls. Have RE-11 on mostly stock suspension so thankfully they are not directional so it looks like passenger side is being swapped to driver side. The long ride up should help smooth out any issues with changing the spin direction.
Sponsored