Water sitting in the doors

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Has anyone noticed excessive amounts of water sitting in your doors after rain or washing your car?

Had a heavy rain a few weeks ago. The following day, i opened the door and water drained out of the door for almost a minute. A week later smaller rain shower, went to check on the door, same result, not as much.

A few day later, same situation, but I had a plan. Soon as I opened the door and the water started, I jumped in and sped off to the dealer. climbed out the passenger and opened the door for the dealer, Nothing lol.

Still happening though, they agree it shouldn't happen, so they plan to take the door apart and check
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
its like inside the door, inside the door panel? That's definitely not normal

Take it to the dealer. I know at my spot we have a little mini sprinkler system that mimics rain for just this kind of scenario.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There is most likely something plugging up the drain holes in the bottom of the door, open it and look at the bottom, is everything clear?

Worse case scenario have the dealer look at it... May require door panel removal

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
When I took it in the first time, he guessed maybe the holes were plugged and attempted to clear. Said bring it back if still happening so they can take the door apart. It almost looks like the seal at the bottom of the doors blocks the drain holes (maybe too tight)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I always have to open my doors and pull the seal away from the door a bit to let it drain some before pulling into garage after washing. Then constantly drying the two drain holes on the inside of the door afterwords.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
My doors pour water from the bottom front when I open them

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
My doors pour water from the bottom front when I open them

Mine do the same thing, after a wash I open the doors up while I wipe it down and they drip the whole time. Also weird that water gets up on the lighted door sills in the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Mine too. I think the water is getting trapped in the seal

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It almost looks like the seal at the bottom of the doors blocks the drain holes (maybe too tight)
I always have to open my doors and pull the seal away from the door a bit to let it drain some before pulling into garage after washing. Then constantly drying the two drain holes on the inside of the door afterwords.
The two drain holes are at the very bottom edge on the inside of the door, so the seals around the door shouldn't block them at all.

Water could get trapped in the seals themselves, as Twenty15 mentioned. But any water that gets inside the door should drain out the two drain holes unless they get plugged up somehow on the inside.

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
The dealer contacted ford about the issue after running the car through there was a few times.

Ford response - this is expected behavior and the water should eventually drain.

Next time the car gets caught in a big rain, I will let it sit for a day and video.
Sponsored