2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hey everybody...
After a good rain my 2015 Mustang has water setting in both door wells. Havent noticed any getting in on the floor yet. Was up to the Ford dealership the other day about another issue and brought this up. Naturally the customer service mgr 'hadnt heard of any issue with water there...'
Was wondering if anybody on here has that issue and if theres any kind of 'fix' for it. Thanks!!
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Door wells as in the door pockets ?

If so, has it ever had any work done on the doors (e.g. for the stereo or central locking etc) that could have compromised the membrane ?

WD :like:

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well that's technically the exterior of the car since it's outside the door seal but I wouldn't think water would get in there unless you were actually driving in the rain. Now I want to go look at mine to follow the flow path it would have to take to run around the door and down to there without running down the side of the car first.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Some cars have drain slits in the bottom of the doors. Not sure about Mustangs. Might check that.

OP
OP
2015Pumpkin

2015Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Well that's technically the exterior of the car since it's outside the door seal but I wouldn't think water would get in there unless you were actually driving in the rain. Now I want to go look at mine to follow the flow path it would have to take to run around the door and down to there without running down the side of the car first.
Thanks for the reply glock...okokok...we'll call it the outside of the car...lol...semantics....but no...its done the water buildup while PARKED.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Oooooooook....I think I will be if/when it gets onto the floor tho! Lol!
There are drains in the bottom of the door that are meant to empty onto that area of the car. When it rains, water gets inside of the door (also normal) and then drains out in that area. Water in that location is not a problem.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Wow.
There are drains in the bottom of the door that are meant to empty onto that area of the car. When it rains, water gets inside of the door (also normal) and then drains out in that area. Water in that location is not a problem.
Or when you wash your car

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Two per door :

1660945327547.jpeg

WD :like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey everybody...
After a good rain my 2015 Mustang has water setting in both door wells. Havent noticed any getting in on the floor yet. Was up to the Ford dealership the other day about another issue and brought this up. Naturally the customer service mgr 'hadnt heard of any issue with water there...'
Was wondering if anybody on here has that issue and if theres any kind of 'fix' for it. Thanks!!
A-pillar water leak TSB:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ar-water-intrusion-leaks.178242/#post-3598036

Also see this thread regarding windshield seal as being source of front water intrusion:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/passenger-side-floor-wet.134041/#post-2761602

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
You will get water there when it rains or you wash the car. The main seal is just inside that panel. Yes there is also seal on the door itself. The door seal is kinda a supplemental seal. Blocks some water/dirt/grime and helps with road and wind noises. There is a void where that 2nd seal meets the quarter panel jamb area. So water will just run right into there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You will get water there when it rains or you wash the car. The main seal is just inside that panel. Yes there is also seal on the door itself. The door seal is kinda a supplemental seal. Blocks some water/dirt/grime and helps with road and wind noises. There is a void where that 2nd seal meets the quarter panel jamb area. So water will just run right into there.
The water on the door sill with door open after a rain or wash is normal from the door drainage holes yes - but water intrusion to the interior onto his floor mats or carpet, no that's not normal and not from the door drainage holes.
Sponsored