Sponsored

Water from rain building up inside doors

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is the first rainy period my '18 GT has gone through, and I've noticed that when the car has been parked in the rain, when I open either door quite a lot of water drains out from the bottom front area of the door. It seems like the doors must have some kind of drain hole there which is blocked by weatherstripping or something, until you open it. Is this "normal" or typical? Concern is that if the water trapped in the door gets high enough, it might leak into the interior.
Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen many cars over the years with garbage that falls inside the door or weather stripping that slides when installed. I have also seen the heat in FL loosen it up a bit where it sags. Specifically on the 18 I haven’t seen or heard anything about that in particular.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
look for small white rectangles on the lower inside part of your door, those are the drains. Maybe the rear is clogged. I do get more water out my front drains, must be the angle/shape of the door. How much do you get? I might get a puddle the diameter of a softball under the front of my doors....

Deleted member 35644

There's likely a section of your door seal, probably toward the front of the door, allowing water through, and it runs down the perimeter of the door sill, on top of the bottom seal, and remains there until you open the door. My Mustang doesn't do this, but when I wash my Canyon in the driveway, and open the right rear door, water that's trapped between the sill and the bottom door seal pours out. Not ideal, but nothing critical.
Sponsored