Sponsored

Wash. State Set to Ban New Gasoline Vehicle Sales by 2030

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
I had head colds, strep throat, pneumonia & now the china virus. I wore the masks (except in my car or outside away from others), washed my hands as mandated... guess what? I still caught it in January. So far, I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't need the oxygen. The worst thing for me was getting blood clots in my lungs, which is dangerous in itself. I am 95% cleared of the clots now. I can't say how it will affect anyone else because we're all biologically different.
Now, did the legal citizens of Washington state get to vote on the gasoline car ban, or did their government members impose this on them? This can be avoided by getting out & voting these politicians out of office.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
What an asinine thing to say.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Start you own thread to be dumb in bub.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had head colds, strep throat, pneumonia & now the china virus. I wore the masks (except in my car or outside away from others), washed my hands as mandated... guess what? I still caught it in January. So far, I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't need the oxygen. The worst thing for me was getting blood clots in my lungs, which is dangerous in itself. I am 95% cleared of the clots now. I can't say how it will affect anyone else because we're all biologically different.
Now, did the legal citizens of Washington state get to vote on the gasoline car ban, or did their government members impose this on them? This can be avoided by getting out & voting these politicians out of office.
You do know that masks are not 100 percent effective, right? Your story proves nothing.

Also, IMO, "China virus" is a racist term.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This depends on the illness. It's shown the body does NOT keep memory of this with COVID. Nor does it with the flu witch is why a yearly booster is recommended.
There has not been enough time to say one way or the other. The flu mutates and a different strain is dominant every year. Once you get a strain of flu you are immune to that strain.
Also, IMO, "China virus" is a racist term.
In your opinion.

To the rest of thinking people it is a statement of truth. The virus started in Wuhan China, thus, "China virus"

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To the rest of thinking people it is a statement of truth. The virus started in Wuhan China, thus, "China virus"
Doesn't really matter though because the term was coined with racist connotations. It was meant to be a slight against Chinese.

It is this kind of thinking the leads to nut jobs attacking Asians randomly on the street.

If you don't realize that you are either dumb or racist. You pick.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If you don't realize that you are either dumb or racist. You pick.
Neither one.

The racist word has been completely over used.

I tend to find that people see in others what they are themselves.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Meh...8 years to prepare for my move I guess. Then when 2030 gets here decide what to actually do. I could be down for an EV if done right. My Coyote will only have around 100k miles on it by then too. See what I can afford to do at that time. Till then, continue throwing Styrofoam down the drains...kidding!! The millage tax seems okay to me without looking into it. At face value, you're charged for what you "use" and I like that idea.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh...8 years to prepare for my move I guess. Then when 2030 gets here decide what to actually do. I could be down for an EV if done right. My Coyote will only have around 100k miles on it by then too. See what I can afford to do at that time. Till then, continue throwing Styrofoam down the drains...kidding!! The millage tax seems okay to me without looking into it. At face value, you're charged for what you "use" and I like that idea.
I think the mileage tax is a bad idea. It will hurt poorer folks who can't afford to live where they work. The rich folks in Seattle won't care.

We also pay the first or second highest cost per mile of roadwork in this state. Fix that first. No more tunnel boondoggles.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think the mileage tax is a bad idea. It will hurt poorer folks who can't afford to live where they work. The rich folks in Seattle won't care.

We also pay the first or second highest cost per mile of roadwork in this state. Fix that first. No more tunnel boondoggles.
I can see that and agree with it. I just like the idea of everyone paying for what they use. It's just not the world we live in though. Seattle needs me more than I need it, haven't been there in years and don't ever need to go there. I generally dislike all downtowns but I'm also no country guy either. Raised on the west hill of Kent in the 80's-90's between Federal Way and Des Moines and love the city-not city life. Speaking of road work, i5 near Tacoma Dome been under construction since before I was driving in 1998 lol.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I can also see the tax rate changing due to time of day route ect..

Like it being .2 cents a mile at 2 AM but 40 cents during rush hour.

OP
OP
CJJon

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can see that and agree with it. I just like the idea of everyone paying for what they use. It's just not the world we live in though. Seattle needs me more than I need it, haven't been there in years and don't ever need to go there. I generally dislike all downtowns but I'm also no country guy either. Raised on the west hill of Kent in the 80's-90's between Federal Way and Des Moines and love the city-not city life. Speaking of road work, i5 near Tacoma Dome been under construction since before I was driving in 1998 lol.
What about highway 18? Generations have worked on that one!

Seattle is an absolute sewer and is not worth visiting at all. Shame.
Sponsored