Wash. State Set to Ban New Gasoline Vehicle Sales by 2030

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Terrible analogy. You can have a vaccine, seem perfectly healthy and STILL have and pass the virus to those that have not had a shot. The point of a mask is to prevent GIVEING the virus. Just because I' have a 95% chance to NOT die does NOT mean I should not help keep OTHERS from getting it.
Hello; I do not think this is correct. If vaccinated or if you survived the actual infection there is almost no chance of shedding the virus.
On top of that when outside the risk of passing the virus is very small even from someone infected. Sunlight will kill a virus. Seem to recall the stats on this recently.
The masks them selves are very limited in term of effect. The aerosol portion of the virus will pass thru nearly all masks available to the general public. Masks will stop droplets from a sneeze or cough pretty well.

Advertisement

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Hello; I do not think this is correct. If vaccinated or if you survived the actual infection there is almost no chance of shedding the virus.
On top of that when outside the risk of passing the virus is very small even from someone infected. Sunlight will kill a virus. Seem to recall the stats on this recently.
The masks them selves are very limited in term of effect. The aerosol portion of the virus will pass thru nearly all masks available to the general public. Masks will stop droplets from a sneeze or cough pretty well.
You are greatly confusing making it harder to spread with the INABILITY to spread.

Your whole argument is "I dont need to wear a mask TO PROTECT OTHERS, because well it's a slim chance."

Also, you are GREATLY misunderstanding filtration. YES the VIRUS is smaller than the mask filtrates, but what is the virus carried on? Droplets from your spit, cough and sneezing which IS caught in the mask.

All that tells me about you is that you not only DONT understand your own argument, but do NOT care about your fellow Americans health and wellness.

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You are greatly confusing making it harder to spread with the INABILITY to spread.

Your whole argument is "I dont need to wear a mask TO PROTECT OTHERS, because well it's a slim chance."

Also, you are GREATLY misunderstanding filtration. YES the VIRUS is smaller than the mask filtrates, but what is the virus carried on? Droplets from your spit, cough and sneezing which IS caught in the mask.

All that tells me about you is that you not only DONT understand your own argument, but do NOT care about your fellow Americans health and wellness.
Hello; Sorry this is also not correct. So far the fully vaccinated have only very rarely tested positive for the virus. In the cases I have read about they were asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms. Symptoms which could be caused from other things by the way.
The way a vaccine works is not like a bio-hazard suit which protects the body from ever having the virus enter. It is a reaction system for when the pathogen does get into the system.
Say you are fully vaccinated and are around someone who is shedding virus. You can inhale or in some other way get a load of the live virus.
Soon after you were first infected then recovered or vaccinated you could have lots of active antibodies, T-cells and such active in your system. These defense components would soon identify that they knew the virus and start to eliminate it. The virus may not get to actually infect cells and make you sick.
If the vaccination or natural infection was some time in the past the number of active antibodies, T-cells and all can have been reduced over time. This does not mean you are not protected. The body keeps a record of previous infections and can quickly start to make new antibodies and t-cells tailored to catch that pathogen. So you soon have the virus under control and do not feel ill.
In either case my understanding is had you been given a covid19 test it can come back positive. You would technically be infected but you would not be shedding the virus.

Even some officials from the CDC have made statements saying it is Ok for the vaccinated to be outside without a mask. Something other knowledgeable health care people have been saying for some time. This is also the way those who recover from a virus infection or who have an effective vaccine have been treated for many decades.

I could pull some posts I made in a tropical fish forum early on in the civid19 pandemic. I came to the conclusion the covid virus had an aerosol component as well as a droplet component fairly early. It took a while for the talking head experts to finally say this is the case. I can concede they had to test the notion rather than just logic it out. Point being they did, many months ago, say the virus is capable of being airborne as tiny particles which can float around for a long time and for much greater distances.
The droplets from a sneeze or cough do drop out in feet and are stopped by most masks. The aerosol particles are so small they can pass right thru most masks. Turns out to be more of a problem in an enclosed space than when outside. The greater risk was from being in a building or a car with someone shedding the virus. Outside the virus particles will be dispersed to the point of being not a problem.
On top of that sunlight will kill the virus. I started grabbing shopping carts from a parking lot which had been out in the sun when I went to the stores long ago. I would leave a mask on the dashboard in the sun.
After some time the "experts" even determined we do not have to wipe down surfaces any more.

My point about the virus was meant to be that given how the "experts" acted to the pandemic does not make me think other such experts will set up some ideal system of driving in automated vehicles. Instead of fastest , medium speed and slow speed lanes on highways, I see it as plodding along at 55 mph, 45 mph, 35 mph for most of us.
For me the advantage would be I could take naps or read or any number of other things while riding to a destination. Vehicles will become basic appliances.

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Hello; Sorry this is also not correct. So far the fully vaccinated have only very rarely tested positive for the virus. In the cases I have read about they were asymptomatic or had only very mild symptoms. Symptoms which could be caused from other things by the way.
Yes you can still have symptoms... so agreeing with my point.

The way a vaccine works is not like a bio-hazard suit which protects the body from ever having the virus enter. It is a reaction system for when the pathogen does get into the system.
Yes, well aware, which is why you can still be a carrier... like i said.

Say you are fully vaccinated and are around someone who is shedding virus. You can inhale or in some other way get a load of the live virus.
Soon after you were first infected then recovered or vaccinated you could have lots of active antibodies, T-cells and such active in your system. These defense components would soon identify that they knew the virus and start to eliminate it. The virus may not get to actually infect cells and make you sick.
Again, well aware but not sure how this somehow proves anything I said wrong. If anything youre agreeing with me

If the vaccination or natural infection was some time in the past the number of active antibodies, T-cells and all can have been reduced over time. This does not mean you are not protected. The body keeps a record of previous infections and can quickly start to make new antibodies and t-cells tailored to catch that pathogen. So you soon have the virus under control and do not feel ill.
This depends on the illness. It's shown the body does NOT keep memory of this with COVID. Nor does it with the flu witch is why a yearly booster is recommended.

In either case my understanding is had you been given a covid19 test it can come back positive. You would technically be infected but you would not be shedding the virus.
Which means what? You MAY not pass it so its okay to risk others health?

Even some officials from the CDC have made statements saying it is Ok for the vaccinated to be outside without a mask. Something other knowledgeable health care people have been saying for some time. This is also the way those who recover from a virus infection or who have an effective vaccine have been treated for many decades.
You can not wear a mask every day of your life. Doesnt mean you were not still transmitting sickness to others. There is a reason in asian countries masks are common even if you just have a cough or common cold. Ours is a culture of: "fuck your health, i find it annoying to worry about you."

I could pull some posts I made in a tropical fish forum early on in the civid19 pandemic. I came to the conclusion the covid virus had an aerosol component as well as a droplet component fairly early. It took a while for the talking head experts to finally say this is the case. I can concede they had to test the notion rather than just logic it out. Point being they did, many months ago, say the virus is capable of being airborne as tiny particles which can float around for a long time and for much greater distances.
The droplets from a sneeze or cough do drop out in feet and are stopped by most masks. The aerosol particles are so small they can pass right thru most masks. Turns out to be more of a problem in an enclosed space than when outside. The greater risk was from being in a building or a car with someone shedding the virus. Outside the virus particles will be dispersed to the point of being not a problem.
Thats a lot of talk for "well a mask isnt 100% effective so why use one at all" flawed logic.

On top of that sunlight will kill the virus. I started grabbing shopping carts from a parking lot which had been out in the sun when I went to the stores long ago. I would leave a mask on the dashboard in the sun.
After some time the "experts" even determined we do not have to wipe down surfaces any more.
Ultraviolate light has always been a natural disinfectant, but that is not the same as "well i left the item outside for a couple hours so its clean now".

My point about the virus was meant to be that given how the "experts" acted to the pandemic does not make me think other such experts will set up some ideal system of driving in automated vehicles. Instead of fastest , medium speed and slow speed lanes on highways, I see it as plodding along at 55 mph, 45 mph, 35 mph for most of us.
For me the advantage would be I could take naps or read or any number of other things while riding to a destination. Vehicles will become basic appliances.
My point is that after all of this rambling I feel even less confident in your ability to use basic logic.

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
People who believe wearing a mask prevents the spread of china virus are the same ones that build a cyclone fence to stop mosquitoes.
I'm not amazed people that say "china virus" aren't smart enough to believe in masks.

bjstang

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiums a.k.a "Crazy Horse" & "Doll"
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not amazed people that say "china virus" aren't smart enough to believe in masks.
Believe the science regarding the china virus

Fauci: don't wear a mask, they won't help
Fauci: wear a mask
Fauci: one mask don't work, wear two
Fauci: two mask don't work, mask the chin
He's a loaded gun

Fauci: if you wear a mask while driving your car alone, or while outside when another person is no where in sight, please stay home forever or move to Philly

download.jpg

Last edited:

mindo389

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th Anniversary & 1983 Mustang GT 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I had head colds, strep throat, pneumonia & now the china virus. I wore the masks (except in my car or outside away from others), washed my hands as mandated... guess what? I still caught it in January. So far, I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't need the oxygen. The worst thing for me was getting blood clots in my lungs, which is dangerous in itself. I am 95% cleared of the clots now. I can't say how it will affect anyone else because we're all biologically different.
Now, did the legal citizens of Washington state get to vote on the gasoline car ban, or did their government members impose this on them? This can be avoided by getting out & voting these politicians out of office.

OP
CJJon

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
People who believe wearing a mask prevents the spread of china virus are the same ones that build a cyclone fence to stop mosquitoes.
What an asinine thing to say.

OP
CJJon

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe the science regarding the china virus

Fauci: don't wear a mask, they won't help
Fauci: wear a mask
Fauci: one mask don't work, wear two
Fauci: two mask don't work, mask the chin
He's a loaded gun

Fauci: if you wear a mask while driving your car alone, or while outside when another person is no where in sight, please stay home forever or move to Philly

download.jpg
Start you own thread to be dumb in bub.

OP
CJJon

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had head colds, strep throat, pneumonia & now the china virus. I wore the masks (except in my car or outside away from others), washed my hands as mandated... guess what? I still caught it in January. So far, I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't need the oxygen. The worst thing for me was getting blood clots in my lungs, which is dangerous in itself. I am 95% cleared of the clots now. I can't say how it will affect anyone else because we're all biologically different.
Now, did the legal citizens of Washington state get to vote on the gasoline car ban, or did their government members impose this on them? This can be avoided by getting out & voting these politicians out of office.
You do know that masks are not 100 percent effective, right? Your story proves nothing.

Also, IMO, "China virus" is a racist term.

K4fxd

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
This depends on the illness. It's shown the body does NOT keep memory of this with COVID. Nor does it with the flu witch is why a yearly booster is recommended.
There has not been enough time to say one way or the other. The flu mutates and a different strain is dominant every year. Once you get a strain of flu you are immune to that strain.
Also, IMO, "China virus" is a racist term.
In your opinion.

To the rest of thinking people it is a statement of truth. The virus started in Wuhan China, thus, "China virus"

OP
CJJon

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To the rest of thinking people it is a statement of truth. The virus started in Wuhan China, thus, "China virus"
Doesn't really matter though because the term was coined with racist connotations. It was meant to be a slight against Chinese.

It is this kind of thinking the leads to nut jobs attacking Asians randomly on the street.

If you don't realize that you are either dumb or racist. You pick.

K4fxd

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
If you don't realize that you are either dumb or racist. You pick.
Neither one.

The racist word has been completely over used.

I tend to find that people see in others what they are themselves.

Sivi70980

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Meh...8 years to prepare for my move I guess. Then when 2030 gets here decide what to actually do. I could be down for an EV if done right. My Coyote will only have around 100k miles on it by then too. See what I can afford to do at that time. Till then, continue throwing Styrofoam down the drains...kidding!! The millage tax seems okay to me without looking into it. At face value, you're charged for what you "use" and I like that idea.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 5

Advertisement