maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
It’s Friday in sunny south west Florida. Giving my PP2 a little luv and attention. What is your detailing process and favorite products. These are some of my favorite products Btw the foam cannon is awesome and the Wolfgang products are top notch. Missing from the product display are turtlewax hybrid ceramic coating ceramic detailed both great products.
F2447819-5523-4E56-9DE5-C6F7F0ED73BF.jpeg
01F61E26-296C-407E-88F6-E21341E016D3.jpeg
Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I feel like you’re washing your car mostly in the garage… I take it your garage doesn’t flood and/or get the walls all wet, etc etc etc…?

My Mustang is the first car I’ve ever cared to detail and I quickly learned that Chemical Guys products are not for me… with the help of a couple guys on here I’ve purchased a few Koch products and Polish Angel. Haven’t used the Koch stuff yet but the Polish Angel is amazing…

Thinking it’s time to buy a polisher now.

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
I agree. Why are you washing your car in the garage?

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
In Florida you rarely have no sun during the day and the sun quickly bakes water spots and soap spots on cars before you have a chance to rinse them off. You have to either wash your car in the early morning or in the evening. In the evening, you will get eaten alive by mosquitos. So in the garage is best at least in FL.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I guess it depends on the garage, mine has concrete walls and perforated tiles, so washing inside the garage is handy on really hot/sunny days. This is a benefit to both the car and myself, summer UV is very harsh in Australia.

Depending on where the sun is, I will wash partially or fully under cover. This is only a summer thing though.

IMG-0777.jpg

IMG-0789.jpg

IMG-6477.jpg

IMG-6479.jpg

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I guess it all depends on how your floor is sloped and what tool/method you are using for spraying/rinsing. DFB5.0’s tool and method produces little to no reflection of water onto his walls due to the spray pattern and lack of deflection from the car. If I was building a new garage I would incorporate some drain method (additional center drain) so that I could do the same. My current garage has too many other things in it and the slope is not ideal. I wish I was in a new construction development where I could have chosen my lot based on the sun and shade. I prefer to wash in the morning but if Im not done by 8am the sun makes it impossible. I use a loud blower for drying so I cannot start until around 8am. My only option is to wait until the sun has passed overhead and start around 6pm.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
My Mustang is the first car I’ve ever cared to detail and I quickly learned that Chemical Guys products are not for me… with the help of a couple guys on here I’ve purchased a few Koch products and Polish Angel. Haven’t used the Koch stuff yet but the Polish Angel is amazing…
Not disagreeing, but just curious as to what it was about the Chemical Guys that you didn't like (or what you like better about Polish Angel)? I have been using Chemical Guys and they seem to be working well for me, but wondering what I might be missing.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Not disagreeing, but just curious as to what it was about the Chemical Guys that you didn't like (or what you like better about Polish Angel)? I have been using Chemical Guys and they seem to be working well for me, but wondering what I might be missing.
From the outset, this post is not intended to offend, rather to explain my experiences with the Chemical Guys brand and how the products rate compared to other brands.

From my experiences, Chemical Guys products just didn't do what they said they were supposed to do. The only one I did like was VRP, but then it's pretty hard to screw up a water-based dressing. All that I had bought and tried were given away or thrown in the trash.

Chemical Guys are a marketing brand first, a car detailing brand second. The range is too complicated, there is no need for one company to offer the consumer 17 different tire dressings or 14 different soaps (those numbers are not random), all being a variation on a theme, and then put into a slightly different bottle. They should concentrate on making a smaller selection of products and make them work properly.

Also, the products are not as concentrated or don't have great longevity. This is intentional.....................you end up using more product, meaning you buy more product. And if one product doesn't suit, then they have umpteen similar products to try.

I say all of this after trying far too many detailing products than I should probably admit too, brands ranging in price from the low end to the high end. If you enjoy using Chemical Guys, that's a very important factor. Just know that there are many great brands out there, many of which will give better results. This is the reason why I don't limit my detailing cabinet to one single brand, each brand offers something better or different from its competitors.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Body;
1682174562684.png

Wheels & Tires;

1682174626906.png

1682175144642.png

1682175625140.png

Drying;

1682175680360.png

Wax;

1682175742731.png

Nothing microfiber touches my car. That's just retarded.

OP
OP
maddseason

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like you’re washing your car mostly in the garage… I take it your garage doesn’t flood and/or get the walls all wet, etc etc etc…?

Thinking it’s time to buy a polisher now.
Yeah flooding isn’t an issue. Interesting. I’ll have to research those products. I bought a great polisher. I’ll send details later.

Sponsored
OP
OP
maddseason

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in south west Florida. Heat and sun are your enemy when washing and detailing. You usually don’t want to have the car in the sun especially when working with detailing products after washing.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
From the outset, this post is not intended to offend, rather to explain my experiences with the Chemical Guys brand and how the products rate compared to other brands.

From my experiences, Chemical Guys products just didn't do what they said they were supposed to do. The only one I did like was VRP, but then it's pretty hard to screw up a water-based dressing. All that I had bought and tried were given away or thrown in the trash.

Chemical Guys are a marketing brand first, a car detailing brand second. The range is too complicated, there is no need for one company to offer the consumer 17 different tire dressings or 14 different soaps (those numbers are not random), all being a variation on a theme, and then put into a slightly different bottle. They should concentrate on making a smaller selection of products and make them work properly.

Also, the products are not as concentrated or don't have great longevity. This is intentional.....................you end up using more product, meaning you buy more product. And if one product doesn't suit, then they have umpteen similar products to try.

I say all of this after trying far too many detailing products than I should probably admit too, brands ranging in price from the low end to the high end. If you enjoy using Chemical Guys, that's a very important factor. Just know that there are many great brands out there, many of which will give better results. This is the reason why I don't limit my detailing cabinet to one single brand, each brand offers something better or different from its competitors.
That’s exactly my experience… why the hell are there so many soaps? What soap do I get? I’ll try a couple I guess…? Same with tire dressing… next day the tires look brown. Not for me.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Long time Garage washer here. And Autogeek devotee.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I wanna try the Wolfgang stuff but i could only find a paste wax from them? Has anyone used the Wizards nano wax?

I still don't fully understand the difference between a "wax" and a "sealant".

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Has anyone used Liquid Glass recently?
E317301A-15D7-45DF-8564-33B6EF37E37A.jpeg
Sponsored