Sponsored

Was the Bullitt a great deal after all?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda's guide is incorrect. Look at their published gearing for the '18-20.
uh, you didn't keep reading the very next words in my post? I specifically called that out and pinged Steeda to fix the editorial error. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
ADM pure and simple. if Covid helped fk the dealers over for the ADM then good.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
That is a good question.
The Mach 1 I ordered has a MSRP of 59090. My Bullitt with similar options (every option except recaro seats) had a MSRP of 51780. This includes the gas guzzler tax of $1,000 which I didn't pay on the '19 Bullitt. So, honestly 7K more MSRP/MSRP. If you compare to the '20 Bullitt which had the GG tax then about 6K or so.
The reasons I am purchasing the Mach 1 were the following.
-Tremec
-Wheel options; my build includes the performace wheels which I really like, but not available on the Bullitt. Never really was a big fan of the Bullitt wheels. Plus that 1/2 inch wider rim which would allow 295 on the rear.
- Appearance. I definitely like the "stickers" and stuff much better. Including the color Iconic silver.
- The original Mach 1 was from my generation. It has nostalgic appeal to me. The Bullitt was never a Ford car until '01. I was raising my family then and had no interest in cars.
- Love the front end design and grill.
- Like the idea of the undercarriage stuff. GT500 parts, etc.
- Love the exhaust tips and I understand the active exhaust is tuned differently. When I spoke with Alyssa, the Ford engineer driving the blue Mach 1, she tracked several cars and likes the Mach 1. But watching her pull away with that exhaust note it was simply awesome.

That said, it really isn't mechanically THAT different from the Bullitt. The Bullitt is a great car. But, for me, it was other attributes.
All valid points and if its worth the $ to you, all good. Looking at your signature, will this be your fourth Mustang in about 5 years or do you/did you own more than one at the same time?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
All valid points and if its worth the $ to you, all good. Looking at your signature, will this be your fourth Mustang in about 5 years or do you/did you own more than one at the same time?
I currently own a 2018 and 2016 Ruby premium. The '18 is an a10 with a Procharger and the '16 is a stick. This is the 6th Mustang that I have owned in the last 5 years.

The '16 is the car I swapped differentials on. Learning how to use Forscan. I did this in anticipation of getting a Mach 1 and looking at the difficulty of swapping diffs. Easy. Likely I will put 456s in the Mach 1. Here is a photo of the car I ordered from Zach Granger with 4k off MSRP!

1614356746331.png

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I currently own a 2018 and 2016 Ruby premium. The '18 is an a10 with a Procharger and the '16 is a stick. This is the 6th Mustang that I have owned in the last 5 years.

The '16 is the car I swapped differentials on. Learning how to use Forscan. I did this in anticipation of getting a Mach 1 and looking at the difficulty of swapping diffs. Easy. Likely I will put 456s in the Mach 1. Here is a photo of the car I ordered from Zach Granger with 4k off MSRP!

1614356746331.png
Awesome spec! Please post pictures when you get it. I would have ordered the same except with the retro-style wheels. You definitely seem to know your way around Mustangs. And here I am thinking that my 3 in 6 years were a lot, haha. The '16 is probably obsolete now.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did this in anticipation of getting a Mach 1 and looking at the difficulty of swapping diffs. Easy. Likely I will put 456s in the Mach 1
you're gonna need an aftermarket tune. If you haven't already read that saga.

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
The Bullitt used is a great deal if you can jump thru the hoops of financing requirements. Finding the Bullitt new in base form and no markups would have been a great deal. I believe the Mach 1 is in the same boat. the best deal is the one you can afford. My 2 cents
Crap. What do you mean by financing requirements? Am i going to have to have gap insurance?

I haven't owned a Stang since ex wife talk me into selling my 06 GT 5 speed... notice I said ex-wife... after kicking her to the curb I want a Mustang again... want a s550... and after looking at all the available Mustang options I have settled on a bullitt primarily because I think the highland green metallic paint is just absolutely awesome. Also like the clean no badge body lines and gt350 engine add ons. I do like McQueen too... so...that adds more to it for me.

The last two Bullitt Mustangs didn't really woo me.... but the s550 version in green.. I think its absolutely gorgeous.

I'm hoping to start shopping for a 2019 or 2020 clean one owner in a few months.

From everything I've looked at I think the bullitt is the best bang-for-the-buck out there for a used stang... provided you like the green or black.

What kind of financing hoops are you talking about? 😳

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Am i going to have to have gap insurance?
put 25% down and you're ahead of the depreciation curve. Or finance for 3 year term and about 7 months in you're about there too. I missed a new one for 42k on 53.5k sticker by 5 minutes.

Bullitts were being discounted 15% and more off the show-room floor just like regular GT with their rebates. So don't pay a penny more than used GT pricing. It's not a special car beyond the body paint and cheap plastic bobs.

Last edited:

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They didn't over produce. Dealers slapped ADM stickers on them and people said no.
They were left on the lot. As a result of ADM you took a bath trading yours in.
I did not pay ADM. Bought mine in dec '18 at a time where some dealers in my area were adding 10k to the sticker. I still got mine for around 4k under list. by the following spring new bullitts were listing the same as pp1 gts and a lot of dealers had them going stale on the shelf... right up to when the '20 hit the lots. A "special" car should not be produced in greater numbers than the demand is.

Despite getting a good deal when I bought it, I still lost $15k as there were way too many on the market. Id be sick to my stomach if I Paid list let alone 10k over.

Regardless Im not here hacking on the bullitt, theres a ton to love about the car and since its the only way you can get a green mustang it will always stand out in its own way.

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
Crap. What do you mean by financing requirements? Am i going to have to have gap insurance?

I haven't owned a Stang since ex wife talk me into selling my 06 GT 5 speed... notice I said ex-wife... after kicking her to the curb I want a Mustang again... want a s550... and after looking at all the available Mustang options I have settled on a bullitt primarily because I think the highland green metallic paint is just absolutely awesome. Also like the clean no badge body lines and gt350 engine add ons. I do like McQueen too... so...that adds more to it for me.

The last two Bullitt Mustangs didn't really woo me.... but the s550 version in green.. I think its absolutely gorgeous.

I'm hoping to start shopping for a 2019 or 2020 clean one owner in a few months.

From everything I've looked at I think the bullitt is the best bang-for-the-buck out there for a used stang... provided you like the green or black.

What kind of financing hoops are you talking about? 😳
Certain banks have lending restrictions. The car has to be under a certain mileage and year. You should always have GAP unless you don't finance or your ahead of the depreciation. The Bullitt is beautiful and makes all the right sounds.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I bought mine with 4000 miles on it. It’s the same as a Mach 1 or seriously close to it. My used one was 40, 000 ? So it has 20 hp more than the 2018. So yes it’s a bit different.
It’s actually not. It’s more similarly the same as a pp1 with magneride and not as good as a pp2 or Mach1 in regards to features and performance. Adding a 350 manifold doesn’t magically make the car a different car. The Bullit is legitimately nothing special. No offense if you love your car great but it’s not anything really. Big reason it just didn’t sell well.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
you're gonna need an aftermarket tune. If you haven't already read that saga.
Yes I think so. I know that the foreskan only goes up to 4.10 on the 2016. Actually after I I bought the 18 I was shocked at how much faster it was in my Bullitt was stock. And after I put a pro charger on it which was kind of a test to see if I wanted to put it on the Mach One, I was surprised at how nice and easy it was to install and how well the car drove. But I'm a thinking of big gear in the Mach One like a lot of guys that put it in the GT350, will keep me satisfied without having a supercharge it. Even when I put a Whipple on my Bullitt, and even though it made amazing power, it still didn't fix the gearing which I personally don't like. But it's all good. we are blessed to be able to afford cars like this. and when you get older you don't know how many days you have left so you may as well have a little fun!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Certain banks have lending restrictions. The car has to be under a certain mileage and year. You should always have GAP unless you don't finance or your ahead of the depreciation. The Bullitt is beautiful and makes all the right sounds.
even weirder, age. my car was brand new, (2017) as leftover with like 5 miles on showroom floor in 2019. Due to that, there was lending restrictions, due to age it was considered a "used" car, even though never titled, never sold, was unable to get new car rates, etc...

stupid really. the lady was like "its brand new? its coming up on 3 years old" yes. she said our systems will not let us process a car 2 years or older as new, its used, and everything applies that way. if I ever got a mach 1, I would try to get a leftover, (if they had grabber blue eventually) maybe next year or two

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But I'm a thinking of big gear in the Mach One like a lot of guys that put it in the GT350
really? Granted I don't camp out in the GT350 forum but I don't recall seeing a multitude of threads on that thru casual browsing...

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
really? Granted I don't camp out in the GT350 forum but I don't recall seeing a multitude of threads on that thru casual browsing...
I wouldn't say a "lot" but there is a decent amount.
Sponsored