Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
As good as in what sense? I prefer the longer gearing in the 18+ mt82 to my 16 ratios and also the gt350's ratios. So in my use of it yes, I prefer the MT82 to the tremec for my use. Now someone else who wants to track and do other things probably has a different opinion.
But what I can never understand someone who says "this transmission is crap idk why it broke... i only went from 460 hp to over 700 hp and put crazy sticky tires on it and launched at 6,000 rpm, what a piece of trash ford!!" All the issues i have ever heard are from people who modified and did things that wasn't in the initial design of the car. Are some cars over built more in one area than another sure, but when you start to change how something was initially engineered and make it do things that in its stock form it wouldn't be able to do things are bound to break.
Like i said in my previous post my cars never see the track so the transmission with shorter gears and the coolers has zero benefit.
Cool story guy you dont push the car. Keep on driving it like an appliance. Most people with a Mustang dont.

Dont give me some BS about adding HP either look what a stock Coyote engine will handle........
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Cool story guy you dont push the car. Keep on driving it like an appliance. Most people with a Mustang dont.

Dont give me some BS about adding HP either look what a stock Coyote engine will handle........
Considering it’s my money... yes I think I’ll drive it whatever way fancies me that day. But I appreciate the appliance reference that was one, I’ve never heard before I’m sure it took some very precious brain power for you to come up with it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep on driving it like an appliance. Most people with a Mustang dont.
I think you'll find 99.98% of Mustang owners drive no different than 99.98% of Accord/Civic drivers. To and From minding their manners and barely using the throttle.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'll find 99.98% of Mustang owners drive no different than 99.98% of Accord/Civic drivers. To and From minding their manners and barely using the throttle.
I’m this way. I like the look of my car more than perf. So I just floor onto highway and cruise 3-4mph over. Can’t afford them tickets

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
No the bullit was a terrible deal. All it is, is a fully loaded GT premium/pp1 with magneride with no leniency to negotiate the sticker more than maybe a couple grand. The real question is “how good of a deal was the pp2?“

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Didnt realize there were so many appliance drivers around here.

Now you guys sound like the others that dont want to "over rev" a coyote. LMAO!!

Seriously people find empty stretch grab some gears and turn some rubber into smoke.

WTH is the point if you dont enjoy the car?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
No the bullit was a terrible deal. All it is, is a fully loaded GT premium/pp1 with magneride with no leniency to negotiate the sticker more than maybe a couple grand. The real question is “how good of a deal was the pp2?“.
GT350> ALL Mustangs. Its got a glorious engine shared with NOTHING else, a tremec not the MT82, thats a special car. Worth the price of admission just for the engine.

Same as GT500s worth the price of admission for the DCT trans.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
with no leniency to negotiate the sticker more than maybe a couple grand.
true, no factory rebates but they were advertised with a 14% discount on many showrooms in late 2019. So if you weren't able to get a dealer to move even below 5% (invoice) you suck at nego or dealing with a dealer who should never get your business ever again.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously people find empty stretch grab some gears and turn some rubber into smoke.
you live in/around DC, exactly where are you acting out your Fast and Furious fantasies?
WTH is the point if you dont enjoy the car?
Some of us can do that (enjoy) without looking for attention from FFX county cops on public roads. If spinning tires is your one-dimensional view of fun, knock yourself out.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
And how often do you do track days or run it at the drag strip?

Daily fine its pretty hard to argue an MT82 is as good as a Tremec.
It's a T3160 though, not a 6060. If it had a 6060 I'd agree, but let's be honest, the MT-82 in its current configuration is rated for similar power output to a 3160.

The tremec's main advantage is better quality control and shifting feel, but it's going to break under the same abuse or high power as the mt-82 will lol

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
you live in/around DC, exactly where are you acting out your Fast and Furious fantasies?
Some of us can do that (enjoy) without looking for attention from FFX county cops on public roads. If spinning tires is your one-dimensional view of fun, knock yourself out.
I am 20 minutes from Maryland International Raceway. Just bought a house here in MD. And Ive made 2 trips back to ND to visit family with my car.

Driving from DC to northern MN to familys lake cabin and to ND for military training. I dont always fly home. I take my car and stretch them legs every chance I get as long as its not winter. Winter is exactly why I left the mid west LOL.

So yeah I get plenty of time behind the wheel.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I forgot about the loooonnngg gearing the bullitt has. the Tremec in the gt350 has gearing that's spot on for a sports car.
the mt82 bullitt trans belongs in a Lincoln...

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
You must be the 0.02% of mustang owners that drive their clapped-out corsa extreme mustang like it's the fastest thing to touch asphalt.