Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I made the mistake of looking for a GT500 and found a couple. All within the 2500 - 5000 ADM range and possible shipping to California. Found a car local to me that is on the ground, but held at a rail yard awaiting release from Ford. Did some searching but couldn't find a thread that addressed several of these built cars that are held at shipping yards.

Anyone have any additional intel on what the hold up is and how long it should take? My local dealer called Ford but they don't give him any specifics. Heard about a potential gas tank recall that is a fix in place, but cant seem to find a thread on that either.

Just trying to decide if I should wait on this car or look elsewhere.
Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I can tell if you I had a lead on a GT500 that was produced and shipped from the factory @<=5k adm I would jump all over it.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
@50 Deep , my car is one of them that is stuck in the railyard for almost a month now with no updates. I did reach out to FP this morning and Noah informed me they did have folks on the ground but couldn't give me any information if my car was being fixed or when it would be. Still have no ETA. Snoopy49 stated that it was a potential gas tank issue to where it would need be inspected for a missed step in production. I'm beyond pissed about this whole process. I can sure track a $10 package from Amazon better than I can an $80k car.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
@50 Deep Noah informed me they did have folks on the ground but couldn't give me any information if my car was being fixed or when it would be.
So how does he know now what they didn't have access to before? Worst part is the "I can tell you but you can't repeat it to anyone else" game going on internally at Ford.

Rear seat comes up and out with no tools. Disconnect the harness at the tank. Remove the locking ring and raise the pump. Inspect the tube in question. Properly attach or replace. Reinstall removed components, check off paperwork and get the fucking car on its way to the dealer.

Ford corporate, is this too much for you to handle?

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
So how does he know now what they didn't have access to before? Worst part is the "I can tell you but you can't repeat it to anyone else" game going on internally at Ford.

Rear seat comes up and out with no tools. Disconnect the harness at the tank. Remove the locking ring and raise the pump. Inspect the tube in question. Properly attach or replace. Reinstall removed components, check off paperwork and get the fucking car on its way to the dealer.

Ford corporate, is this too much for you to handle?
Well said I couldn't of said it better myself!

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
@50 Deep , my car is one of them that is stuck in the railyard for almost a month now with no updates. I did reach out to FP this morning and Noah informed me they did have folks on the ground but couldn't give me any information if my car was being fixed or when it would be. Still have no ETA. Snoopy49 stated that it was a potential gas tank issue to where it would need be inspected for a missed step in production. I'm beyond pissed about this whole process. I can sure track a $10 package from Amazon better than I can an $80k car.
Bummer

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)