Sponsored

was acc and blis ever going to be on Aus cars.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I can't see on the ford australia site that acc and blis was ever going to be included on the Australian versions.
Did anyone hear otherwise?
I am about to buy the lower grille with the fangs, the same as the upper grille. The dodgy lower grille that we are getting is normally only on the v6 and the gt's with acc. Nobody on the USA forums appears to have replaced their acc grilles yet, but if we don't need to have it, then that average looking thing is going as soon as the car arrives.
Sponsored

Last edited:

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Yeah it looks horrible, really unfinished like something on a Daewoo.

UK is not getting ACC and all the other extras either so I have no idea why we have been landed with the shit lower grille.

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Don't know why they dropped them on the export Mustang's, considering my 2013 Ford Kuga Titanum has them and they work a treat, especially the ACC.

OzStangFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Vert;01 Black Cobra Vert;89 GT Vert
Can someone please post a couple of photos show what the grills look like. Its really disappointing that Ford Aus aren't pushing to get the best version of this car on the road as they can.

Looks like it will be up to us to fix all the little things they just don't seem to care about.

If the grills look like rubbish then I'll get the RTR grills and go with that!

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I can't quite figure out why we have the crap lower either.
I guess they only want to use the one grille for all the export models and as the rubbish one is the type that the block heater uses in the cold and icy countries, then we all get it.
I am sure the production cost is close to being the same for both chunks of moulded plastic, but savings would be made with a lower parts count.

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
The 'Daewoo grille' is fitted to cars with block heaters, which the export Mustang has. I gather a straight swap with the other lower grille isn't completely straight forward.

All the plastic trim on the car looks a bit cheap, but this is the worst bit. I'm getting a gloss black car and was wondering if the lower grille could be wrapped (probably difficult), or dipped (probably not hard wearing) in gloss black to reduce it's impact.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I would hold off ordering one (unless you're ordering a bunch of stuff to save shipping) because we may not necessarily get the block heater. Ford Australia hasn't yet been able to confirm whether it will be fitted to our cars.

If it isn't fitted to our spec we should have the normal upper and lower.

If it is fitted at least the grilles are easily obtainable.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I would hold off ordering one (unless you're ordering a bunch of stuff to save shipping) because we may not necessarily get the block heater. Ford Australia hasn't yet been able to confirm whether it will be fitted to our cars.

If it isn't fitted to our spec we should have the normal upper and lower.

If it is fitted at least the grilles are easily obtainable.
Agree. But Why is ford aus still in the dark on how the car will be built. Note to other American cars being sold in aus (gm) don't fail at the comms like ford have. Ford are lucky it looks like it does or a lot of buyers would be out by now with the terrible communications and constant removal of bits of the car!

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Agree. But Why is ford aus still in the dark on how the car will be built. Note to other American cars being sold in aus (gm) don't fail at the comms like ford have. Ford are lucky it looks like it does or a lot of buyers would be out by now with the terrible communications and constant removal of bits of the car!
I don't entirely agree. The lack of information is building up hype for what is going to be something our market is really missing. Think of it like Apple - secrecy, hype and yes it is working.

I see they are going to pull buyers from 3 segments:
1) buyers who are going to extend themselves that little bit more with extra $ than your average 86 / BRZ etc
2) muscle car fans
3) European car buyers who are happy to have more bang for their buck but still well received in St Kilda / Brighton and Bondi / Double Bay etc

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Every couple of years a new car comes to our market that is just that little bit more special than the rest. Mustang is definitely in that category, and Ford knows this hence they are not super scared of losing customers. They know this is as good as it gets for us.
Recent new arrivals that caused as much stir as the Mustang is are probably 86/BRZ and R35 GT-R.

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I don't entirely agree. The lack of information is building up hype for what is going to be something our market is really missing. Think of it like Apple - secrecy, hype and yes it is working.
There's some truth in this regarding the US release. They slowly drip-fed details. I don't think this level of marketing applies to the export models though. This has been more of a shambles.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
You could well be right Monty. I don't think there was ever any need for marketing of any type to sell these cars to the rest of the world initially. There is an enormous amount of people waiting for the opportunity, sight unseen.
In the usa, where they have been sold for fifty years and have a number of competitors,a bit of sales gimmickery is more appropriate.
I have been waiting since early 2012 when word was coming out that a rhd global version was being considered.
Once the car has been sold for a few months, the marketing will have to step up to keep the ball rolling and drag in some new blood.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee

I see they are going to pull buyers from 3 segments:
1) buyers who are going to extend themselves that little bit more with extra $ than your average 86 / BRZ etc
2) muscle car fans
3) European car buyers who are happy to have more bang for their buck but still well received in St Kilda / Brighton and Bondi / Double Bay etc
Hype works great to build preorders, once that limit is reached which it is then it is pointless. The slow trickle now is to stop people cancelling, smash rhe disappointment in 1 hit and people will say f this, drag it out slowly and it gives people time to get over one disappointment, then the next and so on

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hype works great to build preorders, once that limit is reached which it is then it is pointless. The slow trickle now is to stop people cancelling, smash rhe disappointment in 1 hit and people will say f this, drag it out slowly and it gives people time to get over one disappointment, then the next and so on
I don't agree. Once people see the mustang on our roads, demand may even increase. It is a remarkably good looking car with lots of appeal. I have 2 friends who are waiting to see my mustang before they will consider purchasing. I dont know of many people who would "invest" $50-$70k on a non-European car, sight unseen.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I don't agree. Once people see the mustang on our roads, demand may even increase. It is a remarkably good looking car with lots of appeal. I have 2 friends who are waiting to see my mustang before they will consider purchasing. I dont know of many people who would "invest" $50-$70k on a non-European car, sight unseen.
But by that stage youre at an available product, even if it has a waiting time, with all information accessable and known. As you said not many people fork at this much site unseen and now the books are closed ford should be coughing up the info for these pioneers because they will be helping to sell the second round.
Sponsored