Sponsored

Warranty work in SF Bay Area

IrishJohn74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, Porsche Cayman S
I'm a new owner of a 19 GT350 that is still under warranty. Passenger door window regulator is acting up (not retracting from rubber seal) sometimes. Also the passenger door will not always unlock when you touch the handle so may be related. Anyway is there a Ford dealer in the San Francisco Bay area that members have had a good experience with. I'm in the South Bay (San Jose) but willing to drive a little if it makes sense.

Appreciate any tales of good or bad experiences!

thanks
Sponsored

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Regarding the passenger door not always unlocking when you touch the handle (assuming the key fob is with you, of course), I noticed this happens to mine when I haven't driven the car for several days. However, once I drive it for awhile again, that function is restored. This has happened to me on multiple occasions.

I believe this has something to do with the car electronically going into a "sleep" mode status to preserve the limited 390 CCA of the OEM battery. I recall a generalized warning that various functions could be affected this way being mentioned in the owners manual.

OP
OP
IrishJohn74

IrishJohn74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, Porsche Cayman S
Regarding the passenger door not always unlocking when you touch the handle (assuming the key fob is with you, of course), I noticed this happens to mine when I haven't driven the car for several days. However, once I drive it for awhile again, that function is restored. This has happened to me on multiple occasions.

I believe this has something to do with the car electronically going into a "sleep" mode status to preserve the limited 390 CCA of the OEM battery. I recall a generalized warning that various functions could be affected this way being mentioned in the owners manual.
I'll take a look at that and see if it changes behavior with more use, definitely not a daily driver for me

Ponyupnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I know this may sound dumb since you are in ca. like myself, but during cold freezing nights that can affect the electronics or things like that. Just a thought. It happens.

Sponsored

C.J.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JIA
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350, 2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Had several maintenance done at Morgan Hill Ford Store. Best in the area.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The passenger handle is the same way on mine. And it has nothing to do with the battery or sleep mode. I keep mine on a trickle charger so no issues there and have had the battery load tested and no issues

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Did you put a cover on your key fob?
Reason Iā€™m asking is I got a carbon fiber cover and it sometimes blocks the signal. I now use a leather cover and change the battery every year. Problem solved.

ShelbyMike21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350
Hey bud, im in the bay area as well

base on my research, they are only 2 dealers worth going.

Walnut Creek and Morgan Hill.

I been to Walnut Creek and it was a good experience.

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
I agree with @ShelbyMike21 - I've heard Walnut Creek and Morgan Hill are both good.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I have heard Walnut Creek and Morgan Hill are good but personally I have been to Morgan Hill. I have had good experience there.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
+1 for Walnut Creek. They replaced my transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, and rebuilt my rear diff last year. Car has been perfect since.
Sponsored