Sponsored

Warranty up soon. I've read I should take it to a non-ford mechanic to check for any issues?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
This is my first car and I'm not a confrontational person so I'm not good at just walking up to Ford desk and demanding things especially since I don't know where to start.

From what I've read, a lot of dealers don't fix things until warranty is up and you'll pay out of pocket. Obviously not all do these. So anyone else agree to go to a 3rd party mechanic to get a full inspection or something like that?

Any problem areas I should direct them to check?

2015 mustang GT (base) all oil changes done on time through ford. No mods except 20'' wheels and wider tires square setup.38000kms

This is just for powertrain warranty, my bumper to bumper was only 3 years and is up already.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I would say that would be a good idea if you can find a trust worthy shop. I don't trust my dealership where i bought the car because I had to tell them what the problem was twice. I will be having a compression/leak down test done on my engine prior to the 5/60k ends.