Sponsored

Warranty service appointment more than a month out?

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
Ya, right. Some techs the service manager hands all the gravy, and some get the shaft.
A paying customer trumps warranty jobs at every dealer I've worked at, and my whole group of vo tec class that work at dealers, About 90% of them) And we all have 32-35 years in.
Service advisers job is to make the dealership money NOW, not a month from now. So the paying customer gets first dibs.
Those that ARE dealership techs know better. but your mileage may vary. BRB going to get taller boots, for when you reply.
All inaccurate my 30 years working for ford and Chevy, sorry for you bad experience. Those stores you worked at give the rest bad reputation
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
All inaccurate my 30 years working for ford and Chevy, sorry for you bad experience. Those stores you worked at give the rest bad reputation
Oh I flag plenty of gray, but I also watch the newer techs become the service managers warranty b_tch.
It happens everywhere.

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
Oh I flag plenty of gray, but I also watch the newer techs become the service managers warranty b_tch.
It happens everywhere.
Just doesn't happen. You must be working at small unprofessional stores by the sounds of it. Flat rate doesn't work like that. No way our guys would put up with that nonsense. Union wouldn't allow it either. There's no conspiracy to avoid warranty. Total b.s . Believe what you want đź‘Ť

OP
OP
SEAICE

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, finally got it in… need to check on occasional transmission slip) acts as if pops into neutral), 2K rattle and throttle tip-off rattle. Throwing the dealership some profit with a 4-wheel alignment and a 45k service…
EFEC98AC-EE48-40CF-A8A1-C1059B56FF09.jpeg

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
OT

There's no hidden agenda or conspiracy. We book warranty and retail just the same. Techs obviously prefer retail but don't have any say/control over what's booked in. There's also massive parts shortages current. Fwiw I've been a advisor in a large Ford dealer for 10+ years
I'm waiting on a short block and a clutch for a 2019 Mustang.

Are those parts still on back order?
Sponsored