Warranty....is it too late ??

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Being a 2018, he probably won't be able to get a Ford warranty. They go by the original sale date of the car, and by the base warranty(3yr/36K), not the powertrain(5yr/60K). They allow up to 41 months past the original sale date to get a warranty. So unless this 2018 was sold new in 2020, he doesn't qualify for the Ford ESP.
Yes you can, it kind of surprised me. I was going to go Ford ESP on my 2017 just a couple months ago. Has the appointment set up to have the car gone through by Ford, and decided against it, and went 3rd party instead because the fine print was less restrictive/worrisome.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Granger is a forum sponsor and cheaper than any of the other online retailers.
I purchased my ESP via Granger as I also bought my Mach 1 through them. If the OP is able to obtain a cheaper price than Flood for his 2018, than go for it.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I purchased my ESP via Granger as I also bought my Mach 1 through them. If the OP is able to obtain a cheaper price than Flood for his 2018, than go for it.
Yep, me too, they were offering to meet or beat Flood Ford.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Be VERY careful with third party warranties, regardless of what the fine print states. Most at the time of a costly repair will leave you holding the bag. Do your own research on any third party provider you may consider. Ignore the bs they put in there terms. The proof is in how they honor the actual warranty. Most third party providers do not perform when push comes to shuv on a costly repair. Look online for real feedback with a like vehicle to see how they perform. Ford will stand behind the warranty as long as you dont mod the car. Best of luck.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Always wondered about extended warranties. Got one on my 2017 for 7 years/100,000 miles (thus only 2 years beyond factory) drive train only for $1500 because of unknown factors on the FPC and because it was new. Otherwise, although it's a crap shoot, the warranty companies make money off buyers so not sure it's worth it. Especially on a 5 year old car with no problems and not burning oil. Would think what could go wrong would have by now. Unless you are tracking I think the chance of blown engine is much less than 1%. Maybe save the money, put a little away on top of it each month, and enjoy the car. Just a thought.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I did Lombard. Paid around 2500 for 3 years and 36,000 miles. Perhaps I overpaid. Just did it, they send a tech out you drive 5 miles and good to go. I tried Flood but they wouldn't do my 2017. Earliest I could pick was 2018.

I have seen several posts on this forum related to 3rd party warranties (Not a ford dealer) where they had trouble getting the engine replacement or took a long time...my .02 cents.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Being a 2018, he probably won't be able to get a Ford warranty. They go by the original sale date of the car, and by the base warranty(3yr/36K), not the powertrain(5yr/60K). They allow up to 41 months past the original sale date to get a warranty. So unless this 2018 was sold new in 2020, he doesn't qualify for the Ford ESP.
Yes he does qualify, if he was beyond 41 months, he can get a used vehicle Ford ESP which covers the same items, same levels but in 1yr/12k increments.

My 2018 is still under the b2b till April 30th of 23 so it is possible.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Just bought on line with flood. It was all on line, not sure if a better deal could of been had, if I was talking to a person? My 2019 bough Dec 24 2019, hits 36 months TOMORROW, and at 11,238 miles. Was right under $2k for 6 year, 60,000 miles. So everyone knows, that's since the car was new (best I can tell). So I am really adding just just another 36 months but lots of miles. I don't think I would be even near 60k miles before it expires as I store in in the winter, but if I sold the car, I wanted to have it for whoever may might buy it

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Did you buy the maintenance included package? For what is covered and the peace of mind its really reasonable as far as cost goes. Last part is referring to the extended warranty part.

Just bought on line with flood. It was all on line, not sure if a better deal could of been had, if I was talking to a person? My 2019 bough Dec 24 2019, hits 36 months TOMORROW, and at 11,238 miles. Was right under $2k for 6 year, 60,000 miles. So everyone knows, that's since the car was new (best I can tell). So I am really adding just just another 36 months but lots of miles. I don't think I would be even near 60k miles before it expires as I store in in the winter, but if I sold the car, I wanted to have it for whoever may might buy it

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Did you buy the maintenance included package? For what is covered and the peace of mind its really reasonable as far as cost goes. Last part is referring to the extended warranty part.
I am not sure I saw those options

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Would you consider a Ford Performance air filter still stock? That is the only change I have on my R.
I'm not the expert, but I would. I put the FP air filter and FP passenger side oil catch on my GT350. All other mods are cosmetic and I expect Ford to honor my warranty.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I went third party and boy did i have a field day when it came to a large claim.

I think if you pick the most reputable company you can find (one with years in the business and solid financial backing), read the fine print to fully understand what’s covered and where they may try to get out of things, and also are willing to put in work to get them to honour it at the time of a large claim, then go for it.

I ended up paying around $1200 for almost bumper to bumper, 3 years/36k miles. A total bargain and i knew they miss priced it - i used that and the terms of the contract against them and essentially forced them to honour it or be sued. Just had a $6k claim and basically spent about $800 (including lawyers letter) and a fair few hours of my time to get it paid out, financially worth it really but man it was a stress.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I went third party and boy did i have a field day when it came to a large claim.

I think if you pick the most reputable company you can find (one with years in the business and solid financial backing), read the fine print to fully understand what’s covered and where they may try to get out of things, and also are willing to put in work to get them to honour it at the time of a large claim, then go for it.

I ended up paying around $1200 for almost bumper to bumper, 3 years/36k miles. A total bargain and i knew they miss priced it - i used that and the terms of the contract against them and essentially forced them to honour it or be sued. Just had a $6k claim and basically spent about $800 (including lawyers letter) and a fair few hours of my time to get it paid out, financially worth it really but man it was a stress.

What was your claim? What did you need done?
Sponsored