Warranty....is it too late ??

ShelbyMike21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350
Hey all, I have a 2018 gt350 and the oem warranty is coming to an end.

I bought the car at 9k miles and now is sitting at 20k. Car drives perfectly fine and does not consume oil.

I been thinking buying an extended warranty for peace of mind.

where do yall buy your extended warranty from?? Would love to have some inputs from yall

thanks
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey all, I have a 2018 gt350 and the oem warranty is coming to an end.

I bought the car at 9k miles and now is sitting at 20k. Car drives perfectly fine and does not consume oil.

I been thinking buying an extended warranty for peace of mind.

where do yall buy your extended warranty from?? Would love to have some inputs from yall

thanks
I'm in the same boat as you. I think people like Granger ESP from ford

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I bought mine from Granger. $50 above cost.

Flood and Anderson charge $100 above cost so Granger is the cheapest.

Don't bother with 3rd party warranties.

Last edited:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Anderson Koch Ford or Flood Ford, but only if original purchase date is less than 41 months ago.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I went with a third party. Granger couldn't offer me anything (I was beyond the 3 years), but interestingly, I could still get the Ford ESP, I think through any local dealership. Ford required an inspection, 3rd party did not. The 3rd party I went with is one of the companies used when you buy a used car from a dealership. After tons of reviewing forums, talking with them, talking with folks who used them on forums, and going through the fine print, I was more comfortable with them than Ford.

If your car is 100% stock, then I would go Ford ESP. If it's not stock, no matter how minor the changes, I would at least consider 3rd party.

Word of wisdom. Read the fine print. One of the third party protection plan said they will cover engine replacements. The fine print said "except in cases where oil ceases to flow, or is blocked".🤔

1969 Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill Musser
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach 1, 2021 Mach 1 Chassis #4532
Vehicle Showcase
Go to flood ford for a warranty it a Ford warranty different levels.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You could try these guys from youtube, Your Advocate Alliance, they sell it from the same insurers that the dealers use, supposedly for less at: https://joinyaa.com/

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You could try these guys from youtube, Your Advocate Alliance, they sell it from the same insurers that the dealers use, supposedly for less at: https://joinyaa.com/
This is the clause I mentioned in my post.

1671483221702.png

Lack or loss of oil or lubricant. Metal on metal is the reason engines fail.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
As others noted, go to Flood Ford as they appear to have the best prices for the Ford warranty. The only negative is the cost will be higher now vs buying earlier.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I went with a third party. Granger couldn't offer me anything (I was beyond the 3 years), but interestingly, I could still get the Ford ESP, I think through any local dealership. Ford required an inspection, 3rd party did not. The 3rd party I went with is one of the companies used when you buy a used car from a dealership. After tons of reviewing forums, talking with them, talking with folks who used them on forums, and going through the fine print, I was more comfortable with them than Ford.

If your car is 100% stock, then I would go Ford ESP. If it's not stock, no matter how minor the changes, I would at least consider 3rd party.

Word of wisdom. Read the fine print. One of the third party protection plan said they will cover engine replacements. The fine print said "except in cases where oil ceases to flow, or is blocked".🤔
Would you consider a Ford Performance air filter still stock? That is the only change I have on my R.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Being a 2018, he probably won't be able to get a Ford warranty. They go by the original sale date of the car, and by the base warranty(3yr/36K), not the powertrain(5yr/60K). They allow up to 41 months past the original sale date to get a warranty. So unless this 2018 was sold new in 2020, he doesn't qualify for the Ford ESP.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Being a 2018, he probably won't be able to get a Ford warranty. They go by the original sale date of the car, and by the base warranty(3yr/36K), not the powertrain(5yr/60K). They allow up to 41 months past the original sale date to get a warranty. So unless this 2018 was sold new in 2020, he doesn't qualify for the Ford ESP.
There are also warranties for used cars but they are costly. Might not be worth it for a “R”. Best to reach out to Zach for confirmation.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
As others noted, go to Flood Ford as they appear to have the best prices for the Ford warranty. The only negative is the cost will be higher now vs buying earlier.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/
Granger is a forum sponsor and cheaper than any of the other online retailers.