Sponsored

Warranty exclusion for track use

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Maybe Ford doesn’t want to cover the A10’s going south on the track :p but in all seriousness I agree they should cover it or don’t market as a track car.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So are Porsche owners a different breed?
The typical guy tracking a GT2/GT3/etc is probably well heeled enough that he couldn't give a rats ass about a warranty.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Also interesting is the fact that, arguably the most tracked car, Porsche has always voided the warranty for track use.......and obviously that has not stopped owners from tracking them
So are Porsche owners a different breed?
The common language used to be an exclusion for competition use. Which a HPDE wouldn't violate. I guess the good news is a Track use limit doesn't impact autocrossers.

I see a lot more Miatas than Porsches, which gets back to your prior point about having inexpensive track cars you can walk away from.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The common language used to be an exclusion for competition use. Which a HPDE wouldn't violate. I guess the good news is a Track use limit doesn't impact autocrossers.

I see a lot more Miatas than Porsches, which gets back to your prior point about having inexpensive track cars you can walk away from.
At least in California and for Hpde, we have more Porsche than Miata
Used to have a lot of S2000
And we have way more Mustang and Shelby than camaro or Dodge
Still a good number of Corvette and BMW

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ok, I just had a long conversation with Jim Owens. He is a track enthusiast just like us. He is happy to see us out on the track enjoying the car the way it was engineered to be driven and the way Carol Shelby would like to see us use our vehicles.

Now, pertaining to the warranty.....

I was assured by Mr. Owens that the spirit of the warranty is not to exclude track use. When he returns from his vacation over the holiday he will review the warranty and issue a written statement to that effect.

Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Ok, I just had a long conversation with Jim Owens. He is a track enthusiast just like us. He is happy to see us out on the track enjoying the car the way it was engineered to be driven and the way Carol Shelby would like to see us use our vehicles.

I was assured by Mr. Owens that the spirit of the warranty is not to exclude track use. When he returns from his vacation over the holiday he will review the warranty and issue a written statement to that effect.
That’s awesome! I think me and the rest of the mustang community really appreciate your effort on this.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That’s awesome! I think me and the rest of the mustang community really appreciate your effort on this.
It was a grey area that needed to be addressed. I'm happy to do it.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels

Huge thanks Tomster, I like to track a couple of times a year, appreciate it.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No updates?
No. Ford made this intentionally vague. If you have a warranty concern, I suggest you reach out to Ford or Ford Performance.
Sponsored