FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No, you’ll be fine as long as you don’t mess with the cats- I speak for warranty voiding part.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
You'll obviously void the warranty on the part you're replacing since its no longer going to be OEM but aside from that, no. You're fine. Ford cannot deny you a warranty claim for say a windshield wiper motor because you threw a catback on.

They also cannot deny it if your modern somehow grenades because they'd have to prove the mufflers caused it.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
As others have said you’ll be fine. Actually, Ford bought back my lemon 2018 GT WITH an MBRP cat back installed on it. You’re all good.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hey Forum,
Simple quick questions I want to install a MBRP exhaust(cat-back) on my 2019 Mustang GT
Will this void warranty? Or will it cause any issues?
My vehicle has the tick, but has recently gone away, it has been documented.
Heres a link to the exhaust
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp-black-series-catback-exhaust-race-version-2018-gt-w-o-active-exhaust.html?utm_content=Exhaust - Catback|MBRP&T5_Var4=405142&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&utm_campaign=AMM+Mustang+Brands+Medium&T5_Var3=blue&intl=0&dialogtech=ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiYDj4-ic5QIVispkCh0i3gxLEAQYAiABEgJkL_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thanks
It will void the emission part of the powertrain warranty because you replaced the factory resonator with a non ford part that wasnt installed by a ford dealer...

All that said its all bullshit... Aint a damn thing Will go wrong with the rest of your emission system so your not going to make a warranty claim anyway so go get your catback.

By law they cannot decline to honor the rest of your warranty unless they can prove your modification caused the part to fail...

So if you swap exhaust now you have piston slap Later you may get some weasel dealers talk shit but legally they have to shut the fuck up and fix it...

If they don't put the OEM exhaust back on and take it to another dealership

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
One thing people do not realize or plainly don't care as exhaust modifications are so prevalent, is that the federal mandate on exhaust warranties is 8 years or 80k miles. The exhaust system is a federally regulated system and falls under its own warranties. Yes you can modify your exhaust and it won't effect warrites on the rest of the car just te exhaust warranty. However the exhaust system contains much more than cats and pipes and a muffler. The exhaust system also contains the electronic emissions control unit, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices, including the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) among other things that would be void by modifying your exhaust. There are a handful of expensive components that are part of the exhaust system and covered under its warranty. so any modifications would probably void the 8 year warranty on those parts. Ford does not include the exhaust warranty info with the car at least I didn't get it with mine. You can see it here https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ck-Warranty-version-1_frdwa_EN-US_04_2018.pdf if you go to page 20 you will see the exstensive and Im sure exspensive list of items that are part of your exhaust system and covered by its warrenty. Ford explicitly says on page 21 they can void the warranty for any unauthorized modifications. But I mean if you just gotta have an exhaust.. :) Then there is california which is a totally different beast altogether.

And on page 12 it plainly states warranty is void if : tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not limited to exhaust and intake systems)
Sponsored