Warning For South Floridians- Grieco Ford Fort Lauderdale

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I could fill pages with how my BMW dealership failed me with techs forgetting to plug stuff in, torque down bolts, etc. In their defense, management stepped up to apologize, make it right, etc.

People make mistakes. Techs who are working from book rates will rush things. And I get it, and although I wish it weren't so, to them it's just a job, and they're not always going to take the care and caution that they might if it was their daughter's car.

However, the attitude at many domestic dealerships, both from the sales and service perspectives, is unfortunately little changed from years ago. The luxury brands seem to understand how business works and how to treat customers correctly. Of course, you pay for that...
Sponsored

OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Vehicle Showcase
When shopping for work to get done you want guys that share the same passion for mustangs as you have to work on your car. Ive worked for dealerships for years, and trust me, the passion for your car isn’t there. If i need stuff done i have a local mustang mechanic that has his own shop and does great work. He owns a 8 second Procharged Fox body..trust no dealership. The only time they want to see you is when your buying a car.
Yeah I suspect you’re right! Thanks

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey, you should really consider contacting Jalopnik and other media sites, as well as trying to contact your local news stations. About 2 years ago there was someone who’s car was trashed by service techs trying to learn how to work a manual transmission and doing 80+ on side streets, beating the piss out of the car. The user here had a dash cam and the dealership still wasn’t taking responsibility despite the video... until the story was run on local news stations and was picked up by a bunch of media sites.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hey, you should really consider contacting Jalopnik and other media sites, as well as trying to contact your local news stations. About 2 years ago there was someone who’s car was trashed by service techs trying to learn how to work a manual transmission and doing 80+ on side streets, beating the piss out of the car. The user here had a dash cam and the dealership still wasn’t taking responsibility despite the video... until the story was run on local news stations and was picked up by a bunch of media sites.
Too stupid to disconnect a dash cam before trashing the customer's car, I'm guessing the manual transmission remained a mystery to them. The resulting news coverage possibly tought them to disconnect the dash cam for future endeavours however.

Sorry to hear about the OP's problems. Trying to again push it via Ford sounds like it would be worth a shot.

OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Too stupid to disconnect a dash cam before trashing the customer's car, I'm guessing the manual transmission remained a mystery to them. The resulting news coverage possibly tought them to disconnect the dash cam for future endeavours however.

Sorry to hear about the OP's problems. Trying to again push it via Ford sounds like it would be worth a shot.
I will give that another go for sure .

I mean the great news is the car is perfect now , it just really bugs me that they won’t do the right thing

Sponsored

OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I had considered jalopnik but I wasn’t sure if this was there kinda deal

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a local performance shop that's reliable and passionate, check out United Performance. He started mostly with trucks but does a ton of Mustang work now as well (including some work on mine).

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a local performance shop that's reliable and passionate, check out United Performance. He started mostly with trucks but does a ton of Mustang work now as well (including some work on mine).
Thank you!

OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ps all: yesterday evening I sent these messages to the general manager, service manager, and service advisor. They did not respond at all today, I’m sure they’re having their lawyer send me a letter. I’ll be interested to see what it says, they can’t go for defamation since it’s all true and I can prove it. So I’m guessing they’ll complain about my use of the website name. Will keep ya all posted .

Also just to reiterate, I’ve been trying to resolve this for months directly with them. I didn’t jump straight to being this annoying. This was my last line of offense

2ED7D181-BE7C-4570-904D-CD74917CE162.png

5B715B92-52FB-4412-8EFC-4EDBA53BC905.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
1) Did you call the Ford 800# and file a claim about how you were treated and the damages that were done? If you did you should have spoke to a Regional Rep and had a Case number established.

2) Had you requested the Franchise Owner’s Name and Number to get a meeting going to get things corrected? I’ve done it 2x in the past. 1st was when I bought my prior 1996 Cobra new and had issues with the Selling Dealer’s shop monkeys f-up the car. Had a nice sit down with the Franchise Owner, spoke respectfully to him, told him what transpired and called his Tech and Service Writer a shop monkey to his face. As a result of that meeting, both were fired, my complaint was taken seriously and ended up being resolved. 2nd was with my prior 2016 S550 at the initial Dealership that was working the initial driveline vibe complaint - had issues with their workmanship and having to repeatedly go back for their screwups - requested they Franchise Owner and had a meeting. The owner offered a complete detail of entire car in and out - to which I declined. I told her how I felt, said she was lucky I didn’t blast her dealership publicly over Social Media, told her I would never recommend that Dealership to anyone, that her so called Techs need to be retrained and it would be the last she saw of me.

3) If you’re not getting support directly from Ford Corp from the 800# call, or the Dealership, then call your local News station’s “investigative team” and tell them how your were treated with no resolution- they’ll jump on that and I’m certain you’ll get resolution....

OP
OP
RaceRed_PP1

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1) Did you call the Ford 800# and file a claim about how you were treated and the damages that were done? If you did you should have spoke to a Regional Rep and had a Case number established.

2) Had you requested the Franchise Owner’s Name and Number to get a meeting going to get things corrected? I’ve done it 2x in the past. 1st was when I bought my prior 1996 Cobra new and had issues with the Selling Dealer’s shop monkeys f-up the car. Had a nice sit down with the Franchise Owner, spoke respectfully to him, told him what transpired and called his Tech and Service Writer a shop monkey to his face. As a result of that meeting, both were fired, my complaint was taken seriously and ended up being resolved. 2nd was with my prior 2016 S550 at the initial Dealership that was working the initial driveline vibe complaint - had issues with their workmanship and having to repeatedly go back for their screwups - requested they Franchise Owner and had a meeting. The owner offered a complete detail of entire car in and out - to which I declined. I told her how I felt, said she was lucky I didn’t blast her dealership publicly over Social Media, told her I would never recommend that Dealership to anyone, that her so called Techs need to be retrained and it would be the last she saw of me.

3) If you’re not getting support directly from Ford Corp from the 800# call, or the Dealership, then call your local News station’s “investigative team” and tell them how your were treated with no resolution- they’ll jump on that and I’m certain you’ll get resolution....
Would this be just the 800 number listed on the ford website? Or is there some special one for these types of complaints?

the dealership is ignoring me completely .

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Give bbb.org a try I see that while they are not accredited with them looks like they do get issues resolved.

Last edited: