Sponsored

Want to keep it quiet but add power, small mod list opinions please

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Hey guys, looking to order an EB car with Performance Pack soon and trying to get the best gains for my money. I don't want to do add a lot of noise though.

I like the sound of the Stainless Works downpipe with stock cat back. I'm thinking that with a quality intercooler and custom tune from Cobb should be the way to go. I may consider something like the Full Race intercooler and charge pipe kit.

Are there any intakes that are on the quieter side? I'd rather my gains be on the mid and higher end of the powerband also, the huge peak torque numbers look good but if everybody is just spinning i'd give up some low end torque for some gains on the top end. Would it really hurt my performance to stick with the stock intake?

I'm not loyal to any of these particular brands, just what i have found so far while looking. Group buys or new products coming out could change things up.

If any vendors or shops want to chime in on the intake question feel free.
Thanks,
Joey
Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Hey guys, looking to order an EB car with Performance Pack soon and trying to get the best gains for my money. I don't want to do add a lot of noise though.

I like the sound of the Stainless Works downpipe with stock cat back. I'm thinking that with a quality intercooler and custom tune from Cobb should be the way to go. I may consider something like the Full Race intercooler and charge pipe kit.

Are there any intakes that are on the quieter side? I'd rather my gains be on the mid and higher end of the powerband also, the huge peak torque numbers look good but if everybody is just spinning i'd give up some low end torque for some gains on the top end. Would it really hurt my performance to stick with the stock intake?

I'm not loyal to any of these particular brands, just what i have found so far while looking. Group buys or new products coming out could change things up.

If any vendors or shops want to chime in on the intake question feel free.
Thanks,
Joey
Any bolt-on besides a bigger turbo and FMIC will likely add more sound. A tune doesn't effect sound much. Work on the other things slowing the car down. Weight and traction. Get a tune first to keep happy for a while. Then light wheels and fat tires. Rotating mass is always a good place to start. Get the center of gravity down and get rid of the body roll.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Any bolt-on besides a bigger turbo and FMIC will likely add more sound. A tune doesn't effect sound much. Work on the other things slowing the car down. Weight and traction. Get a tune first to keep happy for a while. Then light wheels and fat tires. Rotating mass is always a good place to start. Get the center of gravity down and get rid of the body roll.
It will be a base car with Recaro's, thinking i will swap out the stock wheels for TSW Bathurst in 19x9 +30 which are 22 pounds each.

Steeda springs for the drop most likely then the tune and intercooler. Downpipe probably last if it needs it, looking forward to seeing how much of a difference the tune makes.

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
It will be a base car with Recaro's, thinking i will swap out the stock wheels for TSW Bathurst in 19x9 +30 which are 22 pounds each.

Steeda springs for the drop most likely then the tune and intercooler. Downpipe probably last if it needs it, looking forward to seeing how much of a difference the tune makes.
Good choice. I'm on the list for a set of Bathursts in 20"x10" +40. Going to try to squeeze a square 285/35/20 setup on the sportlines. Wish they made a 19"x10" Bathurst.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Good choice. I'm on the list for a set of Bathursts in 20"x10" +40. Going to try to squeeze a square 285/35/20 setup on the sportlines. Wish they made a 19"x10" Bathurst.
Yeah i like the way 20's look and tires may even be cheaper, i may just plastidip the stock wheels and get some spacers temporarily but i would like to get the weight savings from the TSW eventually.

The downpipe that WMS just posted the video of actually doesn't sound too loud for non catted and under $300. I wonder what kind of dyno numbers i could get from the downpipe, tune, and intercooler.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
The Airaid is very quiet. It adds almost no noise at all.
If i get an intake it will definitely be a sealed box design preferably with a dry filter. We don't have a 1/4 mile track close but i would like to run mid 10's in the 1000ft, a 10.7 1000ft comes out to about a 12.9 quarter so should be capable.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
If i get an intake it will definitely be a sealed box design preferably with a dry filter. We don't have a 1/4 mile track close but i would like to run mid 10's in the 1000ft, a 10.7 1000ft comes out to about a 12.9 quarter so should be capable.
That is easy to accomplish.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I might go with the Ford Racing intake, i work at a dealership and even though its not Ford we have a sister store that is so i get an employee discount there. Hopefully the prices are reasonable, they have some other stuff i want to get too.
fordracingintake.jpg

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I dieted before racing to "exhaust" every option. Or I spent all my money on mods and couldn't afford to eat. #drivermod adds no noise.

Should probably wait for more stuff to come out, or just stick with Ford Racing. Not enough data available yet.

OP
OP

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I like this dyno graph and the downpipe is a very reasonable $330, with the Cobb and Ford intake it should be enough. The gains on the top end look great.
Sponsored