Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Anyone else think that black stripes would go better with Brittany Blue than white stripes on the GT500?
For the record, I think the Brittany Blue looks great with both stripes. I just wanted to "hide" a little and be less flashy. The white stripes make the car look like Captain America's daily driver. There is no bad spec.

20221126_151538.jpg
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I believe it was one vs the other. Both would be considered substantial purchases.

I recall buying my first GT350 back in 15. We were having a pint and I asked my wife what she thought of them. She said pick up the phone and see if our local dealership had one. I laughed and did. Well, they had one. We finished our pint and went out and bought it. And no, they wouldn't "A" plan it.

If you are afraid to bring it home because it is a Chevy and not a Ford, well I'd say grow a pair. But that kind of discussion is somewhat frowned upon around here. So for that reason, and since you called me out, that will be the only comment I have to make about inter-brand discussions or debates. I've seen lots of threads locked and people banned for going down that road as well.

Have a nice day.
Well I didn't exactly "call you out". I simply disagreed with you on the grounds that I thought you were ridiculing him for making a large purchase without discussing it with his family. If your statements were about him being ashamed of bringing home

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
For the record, I think the Brittany Blue looks great with both stripes. I just wanted to "hide" a little and be less flashy. The white stripes make the car look like Captain America's daily driver. There is no bad spec.

20221126_151538.jpg
Seeing them side by side makes it even tougher, I really like them both,

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So this has been said over and over again. The dealerships (a.k.a. stealerships) had a bad year due to covid. They lost millions. Then the supply issues started, just when people were starting to get back to normal, to include buying and driving again. Well low supply and high demand cause prices to go up...and for dealerships to take advantage and make up some of that lost money. Now the freight train is moving and it's hard to stop. It will be a while before ADM and other markups go down. to pre-covid levels. The GT500 and Bronco have been hit especially hard by dealerships...because people are paying it!

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
ADM or not, I wouldn't pay $150k for a mustang anyway. That's 911 or Z06 money. Hell, you could probably find a used Lambo for that.
I think the regular Mustang GT is the best example of what a "Mustang" should be. Cheap, attainable, massive aftermarket. These expensive special editions are cool and all, but at the end of the day, you're paying $150k for a $25k rental car chassis.
Don’t tell the GT500 guys, they might laugh at us again…
Not for nothin but $150,000 NOW is not the same as $150,000 20 years ago. Saying you would never pay that much for a Mustang is like saying back in the 70s that you would never pay $40K for a Mustang. Or like saying back in the early 90s that you would never pay $80K for a Mustang. Older folks (not an insult) typically think along the lines of what was expensive when they were younger. So if you are older then I can see why $150K might seem like a lot for a Mustang. But in another 20-40 years a standard GT might be $80K and a Shelby might be $150K and that will be the norm. And they'll look at pricing today like we might look at McDonald's prices from the 70s when a cheeseburger was 17 cents or something. For all we know, in another 20 years a GT could be in the $60K range. And not paying that for a Mustang might mean you'll be paying $40K for a stripped down Honda Civic.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
QUOTE " So if you are older then I can see why $150K might seem like a lot for a Mustang. But in another 20-40 years a standard GT might be $80K and a Shelby might be $150K and that will be the norm"

Yes and you make the point that $150K today is too much if in 20-40 years the price will be there.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
FruityJudy must work at a “Stealership“ as they are the only ones that get upset with the term, STEALERSHIP.
Ive never worked for a "stealership" or a "dealership" that I am aware of. I do own a construction contracting business though. In my opinion, Anyone who puts a price out there BEFORE trading, ie: a dealership, walmart (PRICE ON TAG), mom and pops donuts (PRICE ON MENU), etc. cant be considered stealerships or similar. They put it out there for you to see BEFORE HAND. Either you like it or you turn around and walk away? Now if they say the donuts are 3 dollars on the menu and when you get to the counter it rings up 5 dollars and they try to sneak it by you then we are in a different ballpark but thats not the issue at hand in this scenario.

If you tell me you want me to pave your parking lot and I give you a formal contract (before hand) of 100,000.00 and you find out I only have 5000 worth of material and 5000 worth of labor and the rest is profit, am I a crook or etc?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive never worked for a "stealership" or a "dealership" that I am aware of. I do own a construction contracting business though. In my opinion, Anyone who puts a price out there BEFORE trading, ie: a dealership, walmart (PRICE ON TAG), mom and pops donuts (PRICE ON MENU), etc. cant be considered stealerships or similar. They put it out there for you to see BEFORE HAND. Either you like it or you turn around and walk away? Now if they say the donuts are 3 dollars on the menu and when you get to the counter it rings up 5 dollars and they try to sneak it by you then we are in a different ballpark but thats not the issue at hand in this scenario.

If you tell me you want me to pave your parking lot and I give you a formal contract (before hand) of 100,000.00 and you find out I only have 5000 worth of material and 5000 worth of labor and the rest is profit, am I a crook or etc?
To answer your example you may not be a crook but you d be unethical and have zero integrity IMO .
Which is how I view the ADM dealers.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not for nothin but $150,000 NOW is not the same as $150,000 20 years ago. Saying you would never pay that much for a Mustang is like saying back in the 70s that you would never pay $40K for a Mustang. Or like saying back in the early 90s that you would never pay $80K for a Mustang. Older folks (not an insult) typically think along the lines of what was expensive when they were younger. So if you are older then I can see why $150K might seem like a lot for a Mustang. But in another 20-40 years a standard GT might be $80K and a Shelby might be $150K and that will be the norm. And they'll look at pricing today like we might look at McDonald's prices from the 70s when a cheeseburger was 17 cents or something. For all we know, in another 20 years a GT could be in the $60K range. And not paying that for a Mustang might mean you'll be paying $40K for a stripped down Honda Civic.
I'm not sure how this time differentiation is relevant.
All I'm saying is if I had $150,000 to spend on a car today, it would not be for a Mustang.
You could get MUCH better cars for that money. The New Z06 or a lightly used 911 GTS would be at the top of my list.

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well I didn't exactly "call you out". I simply disagreed with you on the grounds that I thought you were ridiculing him for making a large purchase without discussing it with his family. If your statements were about him being ashamed of bringing home
My wife grew up with Mustang posters on the walls and multiple people in the family, other than myself, work for or retired from Ford so I guess I pick my battles.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I'm not sure how this time differentiation is relevant.
All I'm saying is if I had $150,000 to spend on a car today, it would not be for a Mustang.
You could get MUCH better cars for that money. The New Z06 or a lightly used 911 GTS would be at the top of my list.
Dont think many would spend 150k either, but most of us got ours for a LOT less than that. (Mine was very close to half of that) and I still paid an ADM.

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what makes it unethical and no integrity?
It s not a reasonable fee for the work. (I d assume as it s 90% profit). I d also assume that s not the acceptable rate for the service. I could be wrong but if my assumptions are correct ... Just because you can, don t make it an honorable deal. Again , it may be legal but do you think that person or persons would use you again? I m not sure where we re going here, I thought it was just a random example and I m not referring to any individual.
This is why we have so many issues with seniors being scammed out of their money for example.

ADMs are different I have to admit, price plus ADM, no hidden secrets. Hard to scam someone there its transparent where the $ is going.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not for nothin but $150,000 NOW is not the same as $150,000 20 years ago
I wouldn't pay $50,000 for a 2022 Mustang in 2022 dollars. To be fair that applies just as equally to the Camaro SS/1LE and Challenger SCAT in either body flavor. Low/mid-40's is defensible.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I get what you're saying with all this, but I don't think it's quite to the level you're saying it is (i might be wrong of course). But in the 70s, $40k for a Mustang would be insane. And I say that as someone that wasn't alive in the 70s.

However, at the rate we're going you might be right and $150k in a year or two might be status quo. That being said, I wouldn't pay that much for a Mustang, because I don't think a Mustang is a $150k car. There are quite a few other cars in that price range that are WAY better than Mustand. 911 for example.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.