Want to hear a joke? 30k+ ADM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
???? Why? Don't you have the huevos to make your own decisions and stand by them?
I disagree with what you're trying to imply here. It isn't about having the balls to do anything. It's about taking your family's ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc on a $90K purchase into consideration BEFORE making the purchase. If you're single then fine. If you're in such a financial situation that you can make such a purchase without any type of worry then that is fine also. But most people have to discuss finances and major purchases with their spouse or partner before hand. Balls, have nothing to do with it. It's about communication.
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Markups have been around for several years now. They are not going away any time soon. So why people still feel the need to post this stuff is beyond me. All day every day on every darn Facebook sale post all you can see is people crying and complaining about price and markups. If you don't like the price, move on and find one you can afford. Or drop down to a lower trim and be happy with what you can afford or justify buying. Sitting here ridiculing and insulting every markup for the millionth time tho, that is just silly at this point.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I disagree with what you're trying to imply here. It isn't about having the balls to do anything. It's about taking your family's ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc on a $90K purchase into consideration BEFORE making the purchase. If you're single then fine. If you're in such a financial situation that you can make such a purchase without any type of worry then that is fine also. But most people have to discuss finances and major purchases with their spouse or partner before hand. Balls, have nothing to do with it. It's about communication.
I believe it was one vs the other. Both would be considered substantial purchases.

I recall buying my first GT350 back in 15. We were having a pint and I asked my wife what she thought of them. She said pick up the phone and see if our local dealership had one. I laughed and did. Well, they had one. We finished our pint and went out and bought it. And no, they wouldn't "A" plan it.

If you are afraid to bring it home because it is a Chevy and not a Ford, well I'd say grow a pair. But that kind of discussion is somewhat frowned upon around here. So for that reason, and since you called me out, that will be the only comment I have to make about inter-brand discussions or debates. I've seen lots of threads locked and people banned for going down that road as well.

Have a nice day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Markups have been around for several years now. They are not going away any time soon. So why people still feel the need to post this stuff is beyond me. All day every day on every darn Facebook sale post all you can see is people crying and complaining about price and markups. If you don't like the price, move on and find one you can afford. Or drop down to a lower trim and be happy with what you can afford or justify buying. Sitting here ridiculing and insulting every markup for the millionth time tho, that is just silly at this point.
Well said.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
It looks like supply and demand are going to turn against dealers in short order. Flat Rock is pumping out Mustangs right now and they are just sitting on lots in Michigan. If thatā€™s happening around the rest of the country and the pending recession from the non stop interest rate hikes comes to fruition then there will be a whole lot less ADM nonsense to deal with in the future. Whatā€™s everyone else seeing at their dealers in terms of inventory?

Also, Iā€™m a little more than skeptical about dealers being pro market capitalists. I see a lot of political donations and lobbying in their future as direct to consumer sales models and higher production take a bite out of their record profits.
I think youā€™re absolutely correct about pretty much all of this. I havenā€™t heard about Mustangs just sitting in Flat Rock but it wouldnā€™t surprise me. I think the crazy ADMs (this thread for example) are causing a bit of a slow down with purchases but dealerships are holding onto the huge markup as long as possible.

The political donations and lobbying, 100%. No doubt that will be happening.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Alltheponies.... Well, not really.....

You have to love the input from the GT crowd. Makes me laugh.

5.0.jpg
Iā€™m not supporting alltheponies, idk that dude, but to act like you canā€™t have an opinion about GT500s without owning one seems a bit elitist, no? Obviously Iā€™m biased being a GT owner but I still have opinions on Aston Martins and Ferrarisā€¦

Point being more money doesnā€™t make you correct.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think youā€™re absolutely correct about pretty much all of this. I havenā€™t heard about Mustangs just sitting in Flat Rock but it wouldnā€™t surprise me. I think the crazy ADMs (this thread for example) are causing a bit of a slow down with purchases but dealerships are holding onto the huge markup as long as possible.

The political donations and lobbying, 100%. No doubt that will be happening.
Sorry, I meant dealer lots in SE Michigan. I donā€™t ever drive by Flat Rock.

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
If only the Administrators would close this threadā€¦..

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
ADM or not, I wouldn't pay $150k for a mustang anyway. That's 911 or Z06 money. Hell, you could probably find a used Lambo for that.
I think the regular Mustang GT is the best example of what a "Mustang" should be. Cheap, attainable, massive aftermarket. These expensive special editions are cool and all, but at the end of the day, you're paying $150k for a $25k rental car chassis.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
ADM or not, I wouldn't pay $150k for a mustang anyway. That's 911 or Z06 money. Hell, you could probably find a used Lambo for that.
I think the regular Mustang GT is the best example of what a "Mustang" should be. Cheap, attainable, massive aftermarket. These expensive special editions are cool and all, but at the end of the day, you're paying $150k for a $25k rental car chassis.
Donā€™t tell the GT500 guys, they might laugh at us againā€¦

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not supporting alltheponies, idk that dude, but to act like you canā€™t have an opinion about GT500s without owning one seems a bit elitist, no? Obviously Iā€™m biased being a GT owner but I still have opinions on Aston Martins and Ferrarisā€¦

Point being more money doesnā€™t make you correct.
Elitist, lol. One of those millennial words that people came up with to describe someone who actually put money down to buy something and has skin in the game. I would think the opinion of a GT500 owner way overshadows that of one who is not (pertaining to that subject matter). You don't see me on the Aston or Ferrari or Ford GT forums because my opinion would not be valid or welcomed for that matter. Heck, you don't even see me on any of the other subforums of this website unless I have something meaningful to contribute. But time and time again, Mach 1, GT, ecoboost, etc guys come over here and help themselves and (like I said) sometimes offer opinions that do not represent the general consensus of the core group that this subforum shares.

I will be at the track this weekend with all the other elitists who spend their money in a pay to play scenario. That essentially is what this is all about, right? You buy a car with money and go have fun with it. The problem with that is that the people who can't afford the car complain about ADMs and throw their opinions around as if they were owners. I am not going to apologize to anyone or any group of people for not understanding that basic idea. There is a reason there are ADMs on cars. If you can't afford it, then you can't afford it and stop complaining about it. The core of people in this subforum paid markups to have these cars and they don't want to hear about it from someone who thinks they are driving the same car and cant wrap their heads around the concept.

Maybe I am an elitist. I go to work, make lots of money, and spend it having fun. I don't think there would be an issue at all if people approached it like myself. Hang in your own subforum and when you do poke your head into other subforums, be mindful and respectful of the cadre that that subforum represents.

When it comes to a GT500 or GT350, yes, my opinion is much more important than that of someone who doesn't have any experience with the car. It is for that reason, lots and lots experience, that I have this opinion. If you don't like that opinion, then I suggest you go back to your own subforum and learn some manners.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.