Sponsored

Want to hear a joke? 30k+ ADM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Do you know what an LOC is? Can you provide it to bid like that. I don’t ever feel the need to disparage how someone spends the money they earned. It always cracks me up with the comments like this about these cars from those that don’t have them. Atleast that part is consistent.
Lots of Cash????
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What's the difference in $30k and someone paying $10k? None.

Paying ANY ADM is foolish, regardless of the "want" or "must have" mentality. By doing so all that is being done is allowing the Dealership to chalk up another win and laugh to the bank that yet another consumer foolishly spent over MSEP for a vehicle that CAN BE HAD FOR MSRP elsewhere...

So I see no difference at all in a $30k ADM vs a $10k, $15k, etc ADM. Sure, it's "your money", but paying ADM serves no purposes at all and it surely isn't an investment - just go ask the folks who paid $75k+ for a 2000 Cobra R in 2000.... 23 years later and those same people are just starting to break even - on a vehicle that was produced in less numbers than any S550 "limited edition" today. The folks who paid MSRP or less for the same 00R are the only ones really making out.

Everyone has the mentality today that cookie punched mass produced "limited editions" are going to be raking in the dough later... truth is, that's far from fact, because there's too many variables now AND Ford is stamping out too many LE's in such large quantities, they really aren't LE from the perspective of being rare and low produced figures.

Do whatever you wish with "your money", but ask yourself, would you take that ADM value and put it into a failing stock, bond or other failing market segment? Paying ADM is like throwing away your hard earned cash.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Paying ANY ADM is foolish, regardless of the "want" or "must have" mentality. By doing so all that is being done is allowing the Dealership to chalk up another win and laugh to the bank that yet another consumer foolishly spent over MSEP for a vehicle that CAN BE HAD FOR MSRP elsewhere...

So I see no difference at all in a $30k ADM vs a $10k, $15k, etc ADM. Sure, it's "your money", but paying ADM serves no purposes at all and it surely isn't an investment - just go ask the folks who paid $75k+ for a 2000 Cobra R in 2000.... 23 years later and those same people are just starting to break even - on a vehicle that was produced in less numbers than any S550 "limited edition" today. The folks who paid MSRP or less for the same 00R are the only ones really making out.

Everyone has the mentality today that cookie punched mass produced "limited editions" are going to be raking in the dough later... truth is, that's far from fact, because there's too many variables now AND Ford is stamping out too many LE's in such large quantities, they really aren't LE from the perspective of being rare and low produced figures.

Do whatever you wish with "your money", but ask yourself, would you take that ADM value and put it into a failing stock, bond or other failing market segment? Paying ADM is like throwing away your hard earned cash.
Hello; I like your take on too many limited editions. An analogy might be stamps and special coins. There may be lots of other "collectibles" which in reality will not be worth a lot.

I do wish my mother had not thrown out all my first edition Marvel comic books from the 1950's and 60's. She also threw out all my brothers baseball cards from back in the day. A shoe box or two of them.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Your whole post went to ….. right after you stated theres no difference in 10k or 30k. Why is it so hard to understand some dont care about what to them is a few dollars. Your analogy to stocks is even more ridiculous. If you can’t understand the appeal and desire of many to own these cars then there’s absolutely zero reason to even be in this section or even a car forum in the first place. I'll leave alone what in most case’s spawns these types of posts.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Your whole post went to ….. right after you stated theres no difference in 10k or 30k. Why is it so hard to understand some dont care about what to them is a few dollars. Your analogy to stocks is even more ridiculous. If you can’t understand the appeal and desire of many to own these cars then there’s absolutely zero reason to even be in this section or even a car forum in the first place.
That is what the dealers are counting on (right or wrong), I ve had so many cars I would ,IMO, feel "played" if I paid ADM. Heck I wouldn't even pay MSRP for my M1.
But you are correct to state to each his own.
Also doesn't make someone a NON car guy because they would not pay up.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
just to add, I don t blame the dealers as much as Ford for allowing this type of business .

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Well ford has shown time and time again they won't actually do anything about it, so what do you expect?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
just to add, I don t blame the dealers as much as Ford for allowing this type of business .
Coming from the consumer electronics industry for over 40 years I can tell you manufacturers tried everything to keep prices under control. In our case it was from discounting not ADM's but the end result was the same. To a large degree Robison- Patman became a household phrase because of what the industry was trying to do. It was considered pricing fixing which, of course, was/is illegal. Back in the day we tried to get around R-P by using advertising dollars as a threat. Advertise below that we wanted and lose your ad dollars. Even today there are those manufacturers that try and control their pricing. Bose and Apple immediately come to mind.

Also keep in mind ADM's are not solely the realm of Ford and other car manufacturers. Try and get a Rolex Submariner or Daytona at MSRP. My nephew just recently got a SS Submariner but even as a good customer of the AD he had to wait almost six months.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
It’s a free market. Would you be ok giving some one control of what you earn. I highly doubt it. All the manufacturers will give some lip service to people complaining. No manufacturer is going to get involved with implementing what is in essence price controls.

Well ford has shown time and time again they won't actually do anything about it, so what do you expect?

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Here is my take on ADMs. If you want to pay it fine. I hope you don't get rear ended in traffic and have normal insurance. Because they will pay you WAY LESS than what you just forked out. You just lost your ass on that car. Or if something in life comes up and you need to trade the car in, money's gone. Good luck to those guys who don't give a shit about throwing money in a fire.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
It’s a free market. Would you be ok giving some one control of what you earn. I highly doubt it. All the manufacturers will give some lip service to people complaining. No manufacturer is going to get involved with implementing what is in essence price controls.
Well they said they would so that’s kind of a moot point. They didn’t deliver on punishing dealers with huge ADMs like they promised the consumers they would.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Or insure the car with a stated value policy, problem solved. Just a heads up Haggerty for example watch’s the market very closely and issue’s stated value policy’s on these car far above msrp.

Here is my take on ADMs. If you want to pay it fine. I hope you don't get rear ended in traffic and have normal insurance. Because they will pay you WAY LESS than what you just forked out. You just lost your ass on that car. Or if something in life comes up and you need to trade the car in, money's gone. Good luck to those guys who don't give a shit about throwing money in a fire.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
For sake of argument. If they had and did, would you purchase one.

Well they said they would so that’s kind of a moot point. They didn’t deliver on punishing dealers with huge ADMs like they promised the consumers they would.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.