2021 Mach 1

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
How many ”fool”’s do you know that can do that financially? To bid at Mecum, Barrett, etc. you need to show up with what’s basically a LOC. Having the financial mean to make a purchase like that and being a fool don’t really go together.

Plus the buyers premium at Mecum. A fool and his money

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
How many ”fool”’s do you know that can do that financially? To bid at Mecum, Barrett, etc. you need to show up with what’s basically a LOC. Having the financial mean to make a purchase like that and being a fool don’t really go together.
Seriously.? Lots. How about every internet influencer, YouTube celebrity, and NIL college future “star“.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Do you know what an LOC is? Can you provide it to bid like that. I don’t ever feel the need to disparage how someone spends the money they earned. It always cracks me up with the comments like this about these cars from those that don’t have them. Atleast that part is consistent.

Seriously.? Lots. How about every internet influencer, YouTube celebrity, and NIL college future “star“.

Last edited:

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Do you know what an LOC is? Can you provide it to bid like that. I don’t ever feel the need to disparage how someone spends the money they earned.
A line of credit, yeah, thanks, I am aware.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A line of credit, yeah, thanks, I am aware.
Letter of Credit, meaning you have to have the assets to back it before a bank will issue one. Much different than a line. So @Inthehighdesert is right, whoever bought it is obviously not a fool as they have the financial wherewithal to do so.

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
This is right down the road from me and Bean’s is where I’ll go for service.

When I began thinking of a GT500, I figured I’d try and shop local first. Walked into there and the salesman was nice but honest that the heritage coming in was going to have a healthy markup.

After I got my heritage secured at a dealer 6 hours away, I stopped in Bean’s to interview both Exton and West Chester’s service departments to get a sense of where I might prefer to go since both are only 10 min away.

The guy at west Chester said “you know we have a Grabber one in the showroom now?” So I went to see it. Sticker said +$20k PLUS some paint protection fake crap etc.

I walked back over and said “just for a reference point, I know I got a good deal, but I just paid $5k over for my heritage, so that markup seems a bit wild”. His jaw about hit the floor.

Insult to injury
I then went to Exton and I saw a Bronco Raptor on the floor. It was used with 300 miles on it, and they “lowered” the price from $142k to something like $128k. LOL!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I appreciate these threads and the ads; they enable the mechanism of price discovery. We also see or learn of cool cars we often don’t have access to.

IMO...

- In a free market system, buyers set the price

- While we are aware of the sellers’ ask, we often don’t know what the final sale price (if it sold) is

- Value is relative. Virtually all of the cars listed in these discussions are being purchased by high net worth individuals. What might be seen as excessive to some, is a rounding error to others

- People with seven figure homes, well-appointed garages and who track their cars often: I’m comfortable virtually all these people have their financials tight and know what they’re doing

- Some become upset an asset is priced beyond their means, but this happens all the time, everywhere and with everything. Buyers of those items have set the price, sometimes beyond someone else

- Regarding the comments of the sellers, they’re doing exactly what we all do. Any time we go to sell an asset, we are expecting to sell at the best price. If our expectations exceed those of the buyer, we adjust until the asset is sold, or we pull the sale

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree that there is nothing about the money making process that guarantees every single person who is good at making money cannot possibly be a fool.

I don't think his statement has anything to do with the many smart, hard-working people who provide huge benefits in products and services to this country and others. You have to admit that some well to do people can be foolish.

I love Chris Cornell's voice, but every time I hear an old Audioslave song I feel sorry for the guy. There are thousands of stories like that athletes, musicians and even down to lottery winners, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.