• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Want to go to GT from Ecoboost

Mikeypomp23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Hey guys! My names Mike. I'm new to the forums and site here, so sorry if I didn't post this in the right section!

I'm currently leasing a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang. About one year through my 3 year lease. I want to switch to a GT and am looking for any trades or deals or even advice on what my best route may be. I can sell my Ecoboost outright (yes even though it's a lease, I can sell the car and pay it off). I can also get someone to take over the payments. I unfortunately invested a decent amount of money in the Ecoboost already. I've just decided my money would be better invested in a GT to achieve the goals I personally would like.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can make this transition, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Again, apologies for any rookie mistakes here! :shrug:
Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
well no matter which route you go, you have to be prepared to lose a bunch of money in this transaction. if you are ok with that, the next step is to decide how soon and how much money you want to lose. you can trade it to the dealer and get this done quickly but probably lose the most money while doing so. you can also list your current ecoboost on the forum, online and other places and look for someone to pay retail for it for a few thousand more than you normally would get for trade in. now you have to ask yourself, is your time worth possible young joyriders , weirdos at your house, and the hassle of trying to sell it privately? the most cost effective thing to do is ride out the lease as you probably have a relatively low payment now. save your money now and return the car to stock when you are ready to return the lease. hopefully you have a stack of cash to put down and you can enjoy the new gt.

OP
OP

Mikeypomp23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks for your response! I will add, I've been driving a lot for work lately. When I got the car I was working from home and that unfortunately changed within only 2 months into the lease. I got the car with 10,500 annual miles (31,500 total) and at the 1/3 year mark I was at 18,000 miles. That is another concern I have if keeping the lease; paying the extra miles. I also unfortunately have a problem of patience and of course wanting the GT as soon as possible.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
no easy way out of that one unfortunately.... either bite the bullet now and lose your ass or wait til the lease is over and lose your ass lol. if you can find a way to get out of now, just do it so you can get modding on the gt.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
what have you done to the EB? I would trade it in if you're not too upside down.

OP
OP

Mikeypomp23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Accessport, custom tunes, catback exhaust, drop in filter, window tints, light tints. Not too much
Sponsored