Sponsored

Want another 50 rwhp out of p1sc?

Dimitris550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Auto Swapped 6r80 twin turbo
What are some simple ideas /suggestions to gain maybe another 50-75 rwhp. Currently have a 2017 manual gt , with a procharger p1sc at 8 lbs with just a one pice dss ds. Car made 567 rwhp on a mustang dyno. I was thinking mak hurricane inlet pipe for the HO kit with a full dyno tune from somebody like lund as I'm currently on the basic tune that comes from procharger which I'm told is conservative. I want to start dragging in the 1/8th mile this spring and my goal is to get into the high 6's the equalvalent to high 10's. I hear to do the cb005 lockout with a tire. I have a brand new pair of nitto 005r street drag radials on a 19 wheel. Is this wishful thinking? Thoughts on the mak smaller pulley, bigger injectors and fuel pump booster,inlet pipe kit they sell for the Procharger H.O. it's like 1500.00
Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm not so sure how conservative the stock procharger tune is. Mine ran really strong on the canned tune. My logs showed up to 20-22 degrees of timing and 0.82 lambda. Lund tune we went to touch over 19 degree and then capped at 18 when i was chasing knock. and they run lambda at 0.78 wot. What the custom tuning did offer though was smoother driveability and if you want to make changes. Overall I thought the canned tune drove ok. Obviously there are many variables but with the stock procharger tune vs lund tune I ran the same times at the track. But... my car may have been hurt some by the time I made it to the track on the lund tune. I lost compression in two cylinders. So rebuild time for me. Lol. What size pulley do you have? Injectors? You don't have bap now?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Some ideas for you... in no particular order.

MAK Inlet
MAK Cat Deletes (or headers)
Smaller pulley for 10-12psi.
Bigger injectors and BAP
E85 and fuel system if available
Meth Injection

A Lund tune may or may not gain power, but once you start adding the things listed above a Lund tune would probably be better to dial it all in. Not sure if PC will revise your tune for aftermarket modifications to the Procharger. I would go Lund personally.

If you want to gain midrange power, go with a wastegate and BOV setup. CB005 is a must have to keep traction. I have most of the mods I listed so feel free to contact me if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
I went in this order... HO Kit with ID1000 (not a bottleneck), 8psi pulley. I put down 517whp lund tuned (boost leaks, fixed with tbolt clamps). Pulley swap and MAK inlet at same time 542whp, catted stainless power longtube headers made 613whp, BOSS Intake manifold made 644whp (having vacuum issues since swapping bov is acting funny, I am leaking about 1psi of boost since swap). Honest recommendation if you want 50whp increase, 10psi pulley and headers (if you don't mind the volume) you will need to get a revision from your tuner for the pulley.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
You have the HP right now to run 10.80s if you had a auto trans .. If you have the skills you can run that number with your six speed but it's not easy .. If you are looking for an extra 50 HP it can be done by dropping the pulley like I did ... I went from a 3.70 ( stock pulley ) to a 3.50 pulley and added a BAP .. With a Bap and 3.50 pulley you are right at the limit of the stock fuel system .. That set up got me 605 HP and low 10s ..Keep in mind my car is a auto with 3.55 gears .. Like I said it's bit harder to run those numbers with a six speed manual trans but it can be done ..

I should add I have a stock exhaust with the cat deletes , the car only has tiny bit more sound that a stocker, makes for a nice daily driver ..

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm not so sure how conservative the stock procharger tune is. Mine ran really strong on the canned tune. My logs showed up to 20-22 degrees of timing and 0.82 lambda. Lund tune we went to touch over 19 degree and then capped at 18 when i was chasing knock. and they run lambda at 0.78 wot. What the custom tuning did offer though was smoother driveability and if you want to make changes. Overall I thought the canned tune drove ok. Obviously there are many variables but with the stock procharger tune vs lund tune I ran the same times at the track. But... my car may have been hurt some by the time I made it to the track on the lund tune. I lost compression in two cylinders. So rebuild time for me. Lol. What size pulley do you have? Injectors? You don't have bap now?
22 degrees seems like a lot for pump gas. How much boost?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
22 degrees seems like a lot for pump gas. How much boost?
I agree, but knock sensors were happy at that time. I dont know what they cap the stock canned tune at. Not sure on boost because, I didn't have the boost box at that time. But, I would assume around 9-10 lbs when it had stock manifolds, cats, rev limiter. And peak boost is a little deceptive because the stock manifold starts to become a restriction at 6500 rpm and boost pressure spikes. Whether it's harmonics related or actual flow related I don't know. Also, I think too many people ask how much boost. Depending on your setup, exhaust, intake, etc that number is going to vary.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red
I agree, but knock sensors were happy at that time. I dont know what they cap the stock canned tune at. Not sure on boost because, I didn't have the boost box at that time. But, I would assume around 9-10 lbs when it had stock manifolds, cats, rev limiter. And peak boost is a little deceptive because the stock manifold starts to become a restriction at 6500 rpm and boost pressure spikes. Whether it's harmonics related or actual flow related I don't know. Also, I think too many people ask how much boost. Depending on your setup, exhaust, intake, etc that number is going to vary.
Can confirm this about the stock manifold with the P1SC. 6300rpm I made 613whp @5.5psi by 7300rpm I was making you guessed it... 613whp...but [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION].5psi. I swapped to a BOSS intake manifold and instantly saw 31rwhp gain...a loss of 10wtq though.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Can confirm this about the stock manifold with the P1SC. 6300rpm I made 613whp @5.5psi by 7300rpm I was making you guessed it... 613whp...but [MENTION=17112]10[/MENTION].5psi. I swapped to a BOSS intake manifold and instantly saw 31rwhp gain...a loss of 10wtq though.
What is your maf reading in lbs/min at those numbers?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What tune is in it now? Procharger? I'd say do what you mentioned along with some mak cat deletes as well. If you're going from prochargers tune to a custom tune you'll break 615-620.
Sponsored