Sponsored

Waiting on Carroll Shelby wheels... and waiting...

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Gotdamn. I can't believe you didn't get these things yet.

I bet some company makes a wheel with a very similar design.

Or maybe hit the phone/email and start being a real pain in their ass... you're justified at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Gotdamn. I can't believe you didn't get these things yet.

I bet some company makes a wheel with a very similar design.

Or maybe hit the phone/email and start being a real pain in their ass... you're justified at this point.
I've been the PITA before, but this time I was trying the whole good things come to those who wait/patience is a virtue thing... and at this rate, I won't be running summer tires until next summer. I feel like the price was really good, so that's what has me still waiting. I'm also thinking maybe the price was too good, so that's why they haven't made them yet... who knows?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I'm probably going with LMR, for one of their options that's listed online as in stock. There are a few I have my eye on - R355, R350, or S350.
I have the r355. There are forum posts on them showing off images of them. They are also pretty light compared to other wheels out there. Did a full 305 all the way around.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
All kinds of scams aroung sellers selling stuff they don't have to sell then trying to source it but there CCs are maxed out so they need to find the money to pay suppliers who want 100% advance hahah it's like an Allepo flea market.

I waited 8 weeks for rotary forged wheels that were "in stock".

I'm waiting 6 weeks now for dual sim $1500 phone that was "in stock".

Bought $2k in clothes from yoox, an IT company, in stock, shipped next day LOL. Better to buy from Euro sellers....it's illegal in EU to claim in stock to get the sale...it's called fraud.
I can't really cry fraud or scam, since they haven't got any of my money, and there's a cancel option available on my order status page.

They're listed now at $368.95 each. I ordered them for $274.03. Still seems like a great deal... If I ever see them!

The LMR SVE options I'm looking at are $304.99, which is certainly not bad, but are my second choice at the moment. Of course, they're in stock with same day shipping.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Estimated Shipping Date: August 4th, 2022

Ugh! (I still don't believe it.)

Sponsored

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Estimated Shipping Date: August 4th, 2022

Ugh! (I still don't believe it.)
I ordered some Shelby wheels back in March with an estimated ship date of 6/10 then 6/13 and now 8/8. Problem is half way through this waiting game they shipped out the fronts in may. So now I have two fronts and no rears.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I ordered some Shelby wheels back in March with an estimated ship date of 6/10 then 6/13 and now 8/8. Problem is half way through this waiting game they shipped out the fronts in may. So now I have two fronts and no rears.
That sucks. I guess you're hanging in there?

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Just pulled the plug. End of story for me. No Carroll Shelby Wheel Company CS-5 Wheels in Gloss Gunmetal for my car. On to LMR for some IN STOCK SVE wheels!

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That sucks. I guess you're hanging in there?

Yeah I don’t really know what my options are. When I first ordered them they said the fronts where in stock but would ship order as a whole then In may the fronts showed up. I understand the delays but what I don’t understand is how they come up with the dates to begin with. I wish they would be more honest and just list unknown ship dates because that is what it really seems to be.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah I don’t really know what my options are. When I first ordered them they said the fronts where in stock but would ship order as a whole then In may the fronts showed up. I understand the delays but what I don’t understand is how they come up with the dates to begin with. I wish they would be more honest and just list unknown ship dates because that is what it really seems to be.
Personally, I think you could insist they take them back, if that's what you really wanted to do. I also think someone's pulling those dates out of their nether region, to put it kindly... After multiple date changes that seemed to mean nothing, I don't have any faith that the newest date means anything, either.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Congrats!! It looks like a victory there. Please keep us posted as soon as you mount them up.

We live in weird times when it comes to acquiring...things. The world economy is simply not agile enough to handle disruptions like the one that started 2+ years ago. The vast majority of us are suffering with $5/gallon 87 octane gas, wages that still don't keep up with inflation. Those of us with some cash in our pockets can't spend it since the stuff we want isn't available. Want a new car? Get in line and brace yourself for the "market adjustment."

On that topic, I've totally given up on finding a Sony PS5. Are they available yet? I don't even care anymore.

Oh, the super rich MFers are doing extremely well and they're poised to be established as a permanent Russia style oligarch class after democracy dies at the hands of the freaks and weirdos who are going to coast into office in the mid terms. Just wait.

Anyway, I was looking at a set of 17" (the min diameter for decent performance tires these days) American Racing VN215 wheels for my Dart. The version with the offset that I need to accommodate 245s on the front has been out of stock since at least December when I started looking at them. They keep pushing the date back. As of today, the delivery date has been pushed out to August and I'm pretty skeptical about that too.

I ended up buying a set of Weld wheels that were not the look I wanted, more expensive and heavier too...so I lost that game.

Viva capitalism.