Sponsored

Waiting on Carroll Shelby wheels... and waiting...

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
In November 2021, I was excited to find a set of Carroll Shelby Wheel Company wheels on sale for black Friday/cyber Monday, so I ordered a set, with the plan for them to be for my summer tires. They went on backorder right away, but I didn't think that would be a problem. Then, in February, I think, I noticed a shipping date of April 7 - still, not a problem. As we got close to that day, it changed to April 10, then 13, then 19... You get the picture.

I called the vendor and received an obviously uninformed response - they'll probably ship by the end of the month. Well, I checked my status this morning to find:
Estimated Shipping Date: June 17th, 2022

I really have zero confidence in that estimate, nor do I have any desire to continue running on all-season tires that were supposed to be just for cold weather.

Here's a link to them. I hate looking at them, because I really wanted them, but I'm 99% likely to cancel now. Anybody else waiting on Carroll Shelby Wheels?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/carroll...5-gloss-gunmetal-mustang-2005-2022/p/W1113-V/
Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Not Shelbys...
I did order a set of backordered Project 6grs in September.
They were supposed to get them in December; which became January;

I started to get nervous but then they arrived in Late January, and I got them in the first week of February....

Although I had ordered custom billet center caps which weren't on the wheels... was told that day the caps were "being finished" That was February 3rd...

On March 27th, I was told they came back the wrong color and they were going to make me another set... yesterday, on APRIL 25TH! I was given another vague promise that they should be in soon.

So I feel your pain; and while I understand you might wanna cancel, if those are the wheels you REALLY want, wait it out..

They'll should come in eventually

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Not Shelbys...
I did order a set of backordered Project 6grs in September.
They were supposed to get them in December; which became January;

I started to get nervous but then they arrived in Late January, and I got them in the first week of February....

Although I had ordered custom billet center caps which weren't on the wheels... was told that day the caps were "being finished" That was February 3rd...

On March 27th, I was told they came back the wrong color and they were going to make me another set... yesterday, on APRIL 25TH! I was given another vague promise that they should be in soon.

So I feel your pain; and while I understand you might wanna cancel, if those are the wheels you REALLY want, wait it out..

They'll should come in eventually
Yeah, I know there are supply issues everywhere. If I knew for sure, I might be inclined to wait a little longer, but at this point, I'd probably be driving on my "winters" into July... Hope your center caps make it to you soon!

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Oh great now you guys have me scared… I ordered some rear wheels to accommodate a wider tire. When i ordered they were out of stock but supposed to ship within 7 days at most. After I ordered I got an email saying the eta was over a month away instead of a week. Talk about having the wool pulled over my eyes argh! I can cancel them if I want but they match my factory pp1 wheels and if I do that then I’m stuck spending a lot more money for 4 wheels vs two. I can say I definitely wouldn’t be as patient as the OP especially since I have the tires sitting in my garage ready to go on…

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some rear wheels to accommodate a wider tire. When i ordered they were out of stock but supposed to ship within 7 days at most.
OE creations?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
This is why I gave up on waiting for SP2 wheels from LMR, They were out of stock and slipping dates for nearly a year.

Also the Steeve McQueen wheels were "coming" from Steeda for like 3 years.

I gave up and just got a set of spacers and stock rear Bullitt wheels to run up front.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
This is why I gave up on waiting for SP2 wheels from LMR, They were out of stock and slipping dates for nearly a year.

Also the Steeve McQueen wheels were "coming" from Steeda for like 3 years.

I gave up and just got a set of spacers and stock rear Bullitt wheels to run up front.
I'm probably going with LMR, for one of their options that's listed online as in stock. There are a few I have my eye on - R355, R350, or S350.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
We’re all in the same boat here. I ordered some VS Forged wheels last October that haven’t arrived. I was told last month when I reached out that due to the backup of shipping crates from overseas shipments, it could be another 6 months. (Would’ve been September, nearly one year).

I just heard yesterday that it arrived to port and should be received by them in approx 3 weeks.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm probably going with LMR, for one of their options that's listed online as in stock. There are a few I have my eye on - R355, R350, or S350.
And yet here I sit... Haven't bought anything else, and haven't cancelled the CS-5 order. And now I'm thinking June 17 doesn't seem too far away! Heck, it's pouring now and the forecast isn't good for the weekend, so that's another few days I wouldn't be driving anyhow. I know, I'll probably get burned on June 15, when they move the backorder shipping date another 2 months!

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost