Sponsored

Waiting on an HEP R......

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
It would be my first Ford, how are the paint jobs on these cars?
I am planning to keep it long term and track her some, therefore I think a full clear wrap like Xpel would be the way to go. I know it is expensive, but if the paint jobs are not stellar and I plan to track her, I think it would be a must.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I am planning to keep it long term and track her some, therefore I think a full clear wrap like Xpel would be the way to go. I know it is expensive, but if the paint jobs are not stellar and I plan to track her, I think it would be a must.

Thoughts?
answer = Xpel

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Thoughts?
wow congrats. she gonna be a stunner. but the paint? very thin. definitely do PPF. xpel, suntek, 3M pro, hexis, llumar..they are all good and pretty much offer 10 yrs warranty. my full front is 3M Pro and the CF wing is Xpel ultimate plus. anyway pics when she arrives pls...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I also agree with xpel, however the prices seem to ha e gone up significantly in my area. I had an R done in '17 for $5300. I just received a quote for $6700 for the essentially the same car.

Nuts

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

Thoughts?
Where are you planning on taking it to do xpel? I live in Massachusetts and found only two places but nobody answers their phone and that is a huge red flag

Sponsored

OP
OP
BostonDMD

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Where are you planning on taking it to do xpel? I live in Massachusetts and found only two places but nobody answers their phone and that is a huge red flag
Unique car care in Andover.
They did a full Xpel wrap on my Giulia and 911.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I did PPF with Suntech full front, A-pillars, edge of the roof and rear quarters. The paint job is very poor on GT350. People who measured thickness of the paint saying that GT350 has half less thickness than normal.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I also agree with xpel, however the prices seem to ha e gone up significantly in my area. I had an R done in '17 for $5300. I just received a quote for $6700 for the essentially the same car.

Nuts
Tell me about it. I'm out in LA but I got a quote of $6000 for full Stek dynoshield, $600 for a 1 step paint correction, and $1800 for ceramic coating on top of the film if I wanted that. This shit adds up!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I did PPF with Suntech full front, A-pillars, edge of the roof and rear quarters. The paint job is very poor on GT350. People who measured thickness of the paint saying that GT350 has half less thickness than normal.
I was one of the lucky ones able to measure the paint on my car. I was going to do paint correction to the entire car before PPF (because it was winter and I was bored.) The guy that was doing PPF told me not to and said he had heard mustang paint was thin. . . So, I broke out my paint depth meter and found out it was roughly half as thick as my explorer, vette, Mini, and almost 1/3 the thickness of my Volvo. I was shocked.

I have what most other guys had done. Windshield surround and everything forward of that, mirrors, impact zones behind rear tires, and door rocker panels. I’m currently planning on getting both doors done in the near future.

After a few track days I noticed two indentations in the PPF from impacts, one above the windshield and one on a mirror. Paint was saved, PPF did its job. So glad I had it done!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unique car care in Andover.
They did a full Xpel wrap on my Giulia and 911.
Thanks. I'll go with them. I have some questions because I never had to deal with this stuff before

What Clear bra package do you recommend? I dont have the 350R so Im not worried about the carbon fiber wheels.

Also for the ceramic coating should I do CQuartz or Ceramic Pro? I see that Creamic Pro Gold has a lifetime warranty so thats really sounds amazing, I dont know what CQuartz does but CQuartz seems to add more shine and be better based off of the stuff they say about it. I dont know what the difference between the two is.

Im also thinking about doing a Stage 1 paint correction.

So Im doing Paint correction + Ceramic coating + Clear bra protection. Does that sound stupid?

Heres the website https://uccboston.com/

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was one of the lucky ones able to measure the paint on my car. I was going to do paint correction to the entire car before PPF (because it was winter and I was bored.) The guy that was doing PPF told me not to and said he had heard mustang paint was thin. . . So, I broke out my paint depth meter and found out it was roughly half as thick as my explorer, vette, Mini, and almost 1/3 the thickness of my Volvo. I was shocked.

I have what most other guys had done. Windshield surround and everything forward of that, mirrors, impact zones behind rear tires, and door rocker panels. I’m currently planning on getting both doors done in the near future.

After a few track days I noticed two indentations in the PPF from impacts, one above the windshield and one on a mirror. Paint was saved, PPF did its job. So glad I had it done!
So you shouldn't do paint correction? I have seen so many other members here saying that they are getting paint correction done.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
So you shouldn't do paint correction? I have seen so many other members here saying that they are getting paint correction done.
It’s your car, whatever makes you happy. I opted not to do correction on my car due to the paint thickness and overall the orange peel wasn’t bad at all. I plan to own the car for the next 40 years or so, and I like having a little extra thickness to work with when I polish.

I’ve removed as much as 1.5 mil when doing paint correction on a Tesla that had HORRIBLE orange peel. This isn’t common, but I’d guess .4 mil is realistic if the paint is average. You only have 5-mil thickness on the mustang, and maybe 1.8 of that is clear (it changes from car to car.) Polishing my car with 3000 grit to get ride of all super-light clear coat imperfections removes about .05 mil.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Also, to be completely honest, 98% of people can’t tell the difference between a car with proper paint correction, and one that’s just had a thorough polish. I liken it to looking at diamonds.... if you know what you’re looking for, you have the light reflecting just right, and the surface is perfectly clean, you’ll notice a difference.

sorry.... I could go on forever about this stuff.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
$5700 that Tom paid seems like a lot of money for a new car. I would just wait until you cannot stand the paint job with all of the chips and peels and get it repainted the way you want.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks. I'll go with them. I have some questions because I never had to deal with this stuff before

What Clear bra package do you recommend? I dont have the 350R so Im not worried about the carbon fiber wheels.

Also for the ceramic coating should I do CQuartz or Ceramic Pro? I see that Creamic Pro Gold has a lifetime warranty so thats really sounds amazing, I dont know what CQuartz does but CQuartz seems to add more shine and be better based off of the stuff they say about it. I dont know what the difference between the two is.

Im also thinking about doing a Stage 1 paint correction.

So Im doing Paint correction + Ceramic coating + Clear bra protection. Does that sound stupid?

Heres the website https://uccboston.com/
The front of my GT350 comes with a clear bra
Sponsored