Sponsored

Waiting for prices to come back on a 2018 GT

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Their prices are misleading. They don't include freight or other dealer fees (plan on another $300-700). Also tax, title, etc. I would add $1200-1500 to their online posted price to get a better idea before tax, title, etc.
It is somewhat misleading but I will still end up saving 1200 or so regardless of these fees.

A base model for 29250 +1200 dealer fees is still well below invoice.
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I asked koons to give me a quote on the car as well I'll let folks know how it comes out. I did get a local dealer though to give me almost 5K off the total price which was decent. I decided against the ceramic as the Ford document States " let the customer know that it may stain easily".
I’ve had ceramic for 3-1/2 years now and no stains. Looks as good as new. I do take care of it with Optmum leather cleaner every other month.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Yeah I'm from Oakland county, Michigan as well and shopped around none of the local dealers were giving me anything decent. The best I got was like 5k off MSRP. I went with Koon's Baltimore. Even with their freight fee, etc. i was getting like 6.3k off MSRP.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Best price with tax was about 5k off sticker. Tim at Ferndale Ford was just excellent but after further consideration I'm doing the Windstorm supercharger.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Their prices are misleading. They don't include freight or other dealer fees (plan on another $300-700). Also tax, title, etc. I would add $1200-1500 to their online posted price to get a better idea before tax, title, etc.
I stopped in personally and got a quote. They charge $699 doc on top, and what you see advertised includes every available rebate and incentive, most of which didn't apply to me (college grad, military/first responder, etc. etc. etc.). In the end my local dealer came in very close to what their offer would have been in the end and I didn't have to do a 400 mile drive to get it. If you live in the area, by all means shop them and all the dealers in their area. They have much more inventory than northern (colder) states, and the competition is greater so they're all more likely to deal, especially on an in stock car.

I think there's two things to think about - whether you want to special order a car and get exactly what you want (in which case you can probably buy it for invoice less applicable rebates when it comes in with either basic negotiation or using X plan), or take something off the lot that's close to what you want, in which case they'll probably go a little into holdback and sell it to you for under invoice.

I've done it both ways and I've generally been happy every time.

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
If you have problem with local dealers not giving on prices there is always the X-plan through the MCA. Nice thing is that the low plan is only $25 to join the MCA.
Sponsored