Sponsored

VTT Stage 2 Twin Scroll results, FINALLY!!

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Mine comes in this friday! I'm gonna dyno my car before and after so I can get an idea of what I'm putting down realistically. Kind've wish I had an aux fuel system but I guess E30 will do for now. Can't wait! :D
Sponsored

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
I'm FBO with the VS2TS. It's not a stock modified turbo. I actually don't think it shares anything in common with the stock turbo other than bolting up in the same location. Tony can clarify more on that though.

To elaborate on my setup, I have the following:

Vargas Stage II Twin Scroll turbo
Vargas Silicone Charge Pipes
Vargas Turbosmart Race Port BOV
Levels Performance Street Core FMIC
Tune+ Airaid MIT w/AEM Dry Flow Filter
Tune+ Auxiliary Fueling Kit
CP-e Catless Downpipe
Custom Cat-back w/resonator
Denso ITV24 Plugs
Some suspension goodies
Why the itv24 and not the denso itv22??

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
The 24s are two ranges colder. I'm gonna see how the car like them with the bigger turbo and aux fueling.
I didn't know you had AUX fuel, I assume your on E85 then, you will really like this Turbo, crank up the boost, on E85 10s are easy with it.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I didn't know you had AUX fuel, I assume your on E85 then, you will really like this Turbo, crank up the boost, on E85 10s are easy with it.
It's on the car. I still have to do a little bit of wiring to finish things up but I should have that done within the next couple of days. Hopefully, I'll hit 10s too.

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
[MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] add'l details appreciated.
I am not sure which graph we are looking at, maybe the one from the front page. That was my car I believe which was limiting spool so not a GREAT comparison but I will say the following.

Based on the Twin Scroll VS2 I have been selling and tuning, they spool near exactly the same, however the 7163EFR can't make anywhere the amount of power the twin scroll VS2 can. The 7163 takes 30psi+ to make 410whp+ which is just straining that little turbo out. The only way to make decent power on the 7163 above 400 is to go single scroll, but then you lose the spool.

Between the 7163 and TSVS2, the Vargas wins.

We have sold about 15 units in the past two weeks lol.

https://adamtuned.com/collections/f...twin-scroll-upgrade-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Stock engine can be used up to 425whp, it is suggested to do this with the TUNE+ Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel (E85, Race Gas)"

Looking at your website note above Adam: 425 whp on a stock engine with Tune+= Tune, plugs and 93 octane and a bigger intercooler is possible? Or is the Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel necessary as I am not clear on this.

If not, what whp to expect with the above mods with the VS2?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
"Stock engine can be used up to 425whp, it is suggested to do this with the TUNE+ Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel (E85, Race Gas)"

Looking at your website note above Adam: 425 whp on a stock engine with Tune+= Tune, plugs and 93 octane and a bigger intercooler is possible? Or is the Port Injection system and a higher grade fuel necessary as I am not clear on this.

If not, what whp to expect with the above mods with the VS2?
You won't be able to make that power on 93oct. The most it will see safely/reliably without knocking is about 370-380.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I am not sure which graph we are looking at, maybe the one from the front page. That was my car I believe which was limiting spool so not a GREAT comparison but I will say the following.

Based on the Twin Scroll VS2 I have been selling and tuning, they spool near exactly the same, however the 7163EFR can't make anywhere the amount of power the twin scroll VS2 can. The 7163 takes 30psi+ to make 410whp+ which is just straining that little turbo out. The only way to make decent power on the 7163 above 400 is to go single scroll, but then you lose the spool.

Between the 7163 and TSVS2, the Vargas wins.
Yes, the graph on p1. Thanks for the feedback. Other than the turbo systems, how comparable are the two cars in support mods (fueling etc.)? Any thoughts compared to 7064 or 7670?

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
so I removed my SS VS2 this past weekend and installed the new TS manifold
*my tune with Adam is not finalized
Overall, I enjoyed the single scroll but the difference in spool time is great it should've been made this way since the beginning, my exhaust is much more tame now which i like it makes for a more stealthy sound until you go WOT :cool: lastly I wish I could afford an e85 conversion... IMO e85/VS2TS combo is the way to go and I'm jealous of you all who have it I think if I did that I would be done with this car for quite some time.

I can't wait to at least get e30 and take it to the strip! good product Vargas

Sponsored

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Mine comes in this friday! I'm gonna dyno my car before and after so I can get an idea of what I'm putting down realistically. Kind've wish I had an aux fuel system but I guess E30 will do for now. Can't wait! :D
I see you're in San Antonio.. have you dyno'd yet? and where do you dyno your car at?

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I would like to see the dyno of the TS VS2 on 93 (91 if in your area) pump gas.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I would like to see the dyno of the TS VS2 on 93 (91 if in your area) pump gas.
I completely agree. With the nearest e85 about 70 miles from me it is essentially out of the question. I would love to upgrade the turbo on this car but if the 93 power numbers don't justify it then there would be no reason for me to do so. Sure there's race gas but since I'm not a track rat I'm more concerned about the day to day. Do I need more power? No. But I most certainly would enjoy it.

Been watching the turbo upgrade world on these since day 1. Haven't jumped yet but this particular setup is interesting.

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
so I removed my SS VS2 this past weekend and installed the new TS manifold
*my tune with Adam is not finalized
Overall, I enjoyed the single scroll but the difference in spool time is great it should've been made this way since the beginning, my exhaust is much more tame now which i like it makes for a more stealthy sound until you go WOT :cool: lastly I wish I could afford an e85 conversion... IMO e85/VS2TS combo is the way to go and I'm jealous of you all who have it I think if I did that I would be done with this car for quite some time.

I can't wait to at least get e30 and take it to the strip! good product Vargas
Hey paully how long did it take you to swap out your housing, I'm installing mine this weekend and was just curious if you ran into any surprises or issues along the way.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Hey paully how long did it take you to swap out your housing, I'm installing mine this weekend and was just curious if you ran into any surprises or issues along the way.
Once the turbo is off, Just to swap out the housing itself was about a 20 min process and that was without using any penetrating fluid (I didn't have any but I recommend you get some) so I pretty much just went to town with a rubber mallet. Then it separates... line up the new housing clamp and voilĂ , Done! It's a way easier process than I originally thought.
Sponsored