Sponsored

VTT Stage 2 Twin Scroll results, FINALLY!!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I'd go ahead and pick it up. It's more than worth the $2k asking price and will easily be the best stock replacement turbo on the market, especially in that pricing range.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I'd go ahead and pick it up. It's more than worth the $2k asking price and will easily be the best stock replacement turbo on the market, especially in that pricing range.
Did you buy one for $1499.00?If you did how did you like it?

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I didn't get one for the $1499, but I do have one. It's on the car right now, and I absolutely love it.
What other mods do you have? Also, being that it's a stock modified turbo, do you think it would alter the sound of the stock exhaust?

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Honestly at its normal price of $1999 its the best deal on the ecoboost market for what you get. We may do another promotion at some point, but it wont be for $1499 again. That was our way of saying we appreciate everyone who bought the SS, and waited for us to get the TS done. We seriously appreciate the support. We can tell its going to be hard to keep these in stock, but we have quite a few on hand right now. When ordered they ship, same or next day.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
What other mods do you have? Also, being that it's a stock modified turbo, do you think it would alter the sound of the stock exhaust?
I'm FBO with the VS2TS. It's not a stock modified turbo. I actually don't think it shares anything in common with the stock turbo other than bolting up in the same location. Tony can clarify more on that though.

To elaborate on my setup, I have the following:

Vargas Stage II Twin Scroll turbo
Vargas Silicone Charge Pipes
Vargas Turbosmart Race Port BOV
Levels Performance Street Core FMIC
Tune+ Airaid MIT w/AEM Dry Flow Filter
Tune+ Auxiliary Fueling Kit
Tune+ Turbosmart IWG
CP-e Catless Downpipe
Custom Cat-back w/resonator
Denso ITV24 Plugs
Some suspension goodies

Last edited:

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
I'm FBO with the VS2TS. It's not a stock modified turbo. I actually don't think it shares anything in common with the stock turbo other than bolting up in the same location. Tony can clarify more on that though.

CP-e Catless Downpipe
Denso ITV24 Plugs
Some suspension goodies
Justin are there any benefits upgrading charge pipes?

ThaHMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ecoboost
On a bone stock EBM what kind of power can I expect?

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

CP-e Catless Downpipe
Denso ITV24 Plugs
Some suspension goodies
I see, I thought the Vargas turbos were just stock EcoBoost turbo housings with modified goodies inside.

I like your mod path, I'd just want to do that turbo with an intercooler and tune. I like the stealth sound and look.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Justin are there any benefits upgrading charge pipes?
I think so, especially with the silicon pipes. The silicon pipes are resilient against heat soak, much like the factory pipes, and they help to reduce bottlenecks in the system. The factory hot side charge pipe changes diameter several times and the factory cold side can swell under boost pressure. You'll have better throttle response and flow with the Vargas upgrades. I also like having a mechanical valve as opposed to the electronic valve. Both have their benefits, and I won't debate those here, but I love the Race Port for it's response, overall performance, and sound.

I see, I thought the Vargas turbos were just stock EcoBoost turbo housings with modified goodies inside.

I like your mod path, I'd just want to do that turbo with an intercooler and tune. I like the stealth sound and look.
No sir, the VS1 is a modded stocker, but the VS2 is it's own monster! :headbang:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I think so, especially with the silicon pipes. The silicon pipes are resilient against heat soak, much like the factory pipes, and they help to reduce bottlenecks in the system. The factory hot side charge pipe changes diameter several times and the factory cold side can swell under boost pressure. You'll have better throttle response and flow with the Vargas upgrades. I also like having a mechanical valve as opposed to the electronic valve. Both have their benefits, and I won't debate those here, but I love the Race Port for it's response, overall performance, and sound.

No sir, the VS1 is a modded stocker, but the VS2 is it's own monster! :headbang:
What are your 1/4 mile times with your mods?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
What are your 1/4 mile times with your mods?
I haven't ran it yet with the new mods. On the old setup, I was running high-7s in the 1/8. There was only one local 1/4 track, which was over an hour away, or 4 1/8 mile tracks within 30-45 minutes. Most of my friends always went to the 1/8 mile events because the 1/4 track was the most horribly prepped race track that I've visited. In any event, I'm going to try to make it to Atlanta on a TnT night and see what I can do down here now.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I haven't ran it yet with the new mods. On the old setup, I was running high-7s in the 1/8. There was only one local 1/4 track, which was over an hour away, or 4 1/8 mile tracks within 30-45 minutes. Most of my friends always went to the 1/8 mile events because the 1/4 track was the most horribly prepped race track that I've visited. In any event, I'm going to try to make it to Atlanta on a TnT night and see what I can do down here now.
Good Luck!
Sponsored