Sponsored

Vroom is asking less than they paid me !

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
My 2019 Bullitt is on the Vroom website for $48,499 which is less than the $48,681 they paid me lol and when you consider the shipping costs they incurred it's more of a loss and they're still too high ! The thing is they didn't need to pay as high as they did, I would have been delighted with $43k-$45k. I'm thinking about shorting the stock. The other thing is I miss the damn thing and even though I leased a BMW M340i I want a Mach 1 which would be crazy but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do it.
Sponsored

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Haha I feel your dilemmas

My local dealer has an orange Mach1 on the way, but Im going to resist driving by until I know its sold :)

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
My 2019 Bullitt is on the Vroom website for $48,499 which is less than the $48,681 they paid me lol and when you consider the shipping costs they incurred it's more of a loss and they're still too high ! The thing is they didn't need to pay as high as they did, I would have been delighted with $43k-$45k. I'm thinking about shorting the stock. The other thing is I miss the damn thing and even though I leased a BMW M340i I want a Mach 1 which would be crazy but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do it.
As someone who is in the market for a Bullitt and watching these crazy prices on places like Vroom they are going to be loosing money I believe. They currently have 30 Bullits for sale as people are unloading them obviously. What’s crazier is I have a few of them in my favorites list on Vroom and have been watching them daily for price drops but last night they raised prices on them by $500-1500 all of a sudden?? How many miles did your have on it? Be nice to buy one and know the history of it

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
Mine is the one with 4,524 miles.

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Mine is the one with 4,524 miles.
Yep yours is one I have in my favorites list. It has the scratch on the rear bumper. Funny thing was up until yesterday at about 6pm they had it marked down to 47,999 then raised it up to 48,499??

Sponsored

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
Short amc. Let it fall to 43 and sell at 60. Take the few thousand you gain and buy a new car!

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
Yep yours is one I have in my favorites list. It has the scratch on the rear bumper. Funny thing was up until yesterday at about 6pm they had it marked down to 47,999 then raised it up to 48,499??
They did the scratch, it was perfect when I gave it to them. Notice the scratch is on their license plate frame too. The car was never tracked and shifted perfectly every time so no clutch or tranny problems. The only thing I did was legal window tinting. There was a Ford Bullitt car cover and sun screen in the car when I gave it to them.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
These numbers just tell you where they make money...financing. They just need to get the car into someone's hands and then they let time and interest do the rest.

This car shortage thing is going to continue for the next year or so. They've got plenty of time to play this game and they're playing it well.

Stang565

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
They did the scratch, it was perfect when I gave it to them. Notice the scratch is on their license plate frame too. The car was never tracked and shifted perfectly every time so no clutch or tranny problems. The only thing I did was legal window tinting. There was a Ford Bullitt car cover and sun screen in the car when I gave it to them.
Awesome thanks for that. As this is just going to be a fun car for me I’m really debating on just pulling the trigger now or wait it out a year or so. Decisions Decisions…

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...just checked carmax.
My '20 Challenger isn't listed.
Must have already sold it.
I did get more than I gave the Dodge dealer for it.................. :giggle:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Well this is why places and companies like Vroom are worth millions and billions of dollars and us normal people are not. Because they see money in a much different light than we see it. Losing even a few thousand on one deal means nothing when they can make it up elsewhere. There are protection plans, interest, higher prices on other cars to name a few. The difference is $180. They are not worried about that. Plus they contract the pickups and deliveries or probably even do it thru contracts or in-house. They didn't lose anything on your car. Even if they lose money initially, the money that will roll in for the next 5-7 years on interest will make up for it. Plus eventually the same car or other cars will depreciate and they'll buy in low then sell high. They aren't worth 5.5 BILLION dollars for nothing.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I highly doubt Vroom Carvana ect are going to be losing money on vehicles.

1 word.

Ship.

Theyll sell the cars out of the country if they have to keep from losing money per unit.

You can fit ALOT of cars on a boat!!

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
Carvana stock is down over 90% and Vroom is down over 95%.
Sponsored